I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
He's a lovely glossy fellow isn't he!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:02 pm
@ossobuco,
LOL how about until the mule is born? hehehe
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:04 pm
@kayjoy,
Welcome to A2K, kayjoy.
0 Replies

kayjoy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:05 pm
@kayjoy,
@Arella
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 08:08 pm
@kayjoy,
kayjoy wrote:
Hello everyone, am happy to meet you. I can see you have met JJ, he is a cutie pie.
I am as excited as my buddy, she has waited so long for him.
Hi, Joy! Pleased to meet u.
Welcome to the forum!

David
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 10:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
"Privates" usually take a while to descend . Thats why on lambs , we dont castrate till several weeks after birth. They have a sack, but the "boys" aint in there yet.

At lest its that way with sheep and cattle. I suppose mules are pretty much the same.

Does he run around mama like an idiot? and then just pull up to a stop?
farmerman

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 10:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Maybe u didn 't get the word:
he 's a male mule.
Thats Irrelevant at this point. . All that matters is that its a healthy jack with a healthy mama.
Arella Mae

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 10:37 pm
@farmerman,
Thank God! I was beginning to think I was totally insane.

Farmerman, he is so funny! He was really frisky today trying to get his momma to play with him. He would bite her tail and pull it trying to get her attention or run up to her and just stop short of running into her. He was going underneath her and just having a blast.

I haven't seen him run around his momma. He stays pretty close to her though or she calls him back. Too cute.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 01:54 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
Maybe u didn 't get the word:
he 's a male mule.
Thats Irrelevant at this point. . All that matters is that its a healthy jack with a healthy mama.
JOYFULLY, SO STIPULATED!!!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 02:00 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
Thank God! I was beginning to think I was totally insane.

Farmerman, he is so funny! He was really frisky today trying to get his momma to play with him. He would bite her tail and pull it trying to get her attention or run up to her and just stop short of running into her. He was going underneath her and just having a blast.

I haven't seen him run around his momma. He stays pretty close to her though or she calls him back. Too cute.

The vet shoud have warned u
that u might have to wait a while to judge gender.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:00 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
We are supportive but we also argue til the cows come home.

Or the mules. Really, any quadruped will do.

Welcome, Kayjoy!!!!

PS I am lovin' the pics of the lil feller. He really is a looker.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 11:47 am
I talked to my vet today. I said, "My mare had her baby." "Oh good", he says." I said, "Ask me what she had." "What did she have?" he asked. "A mule, said I. Silence for about three seconds.........................then I swear I heard him hit the floor and he just totally rolled on the floor laughing. It was hilarious! I knew he would find it humorous.

He did tell me, which confirms what Farmerman said, that it does take about 24 hours for the little boy parts to show so my trainer is off the hook and his reputation has been reinstated.

I'll get some more pics tonight and post them. Everyone at work is just cracking up. The funniest ones are the ones that have no idea that JJ is a mule. They just think he's some strange looking horse and don't want to offend me by saying anything. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 01:46 pm
Here is a cute little picture of JJ. My friend, Anna, has picturess on facebook so I snuck it from there. It's gorgeous today so I'm hoping for some nice pictures when I get off work.

Doesn't he just look soooooooooo comfy?

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/928/sleepybaby.jpg
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 02:31 pm
@Arella Mae,
He does!
It looks like his mom is admiring him.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 02:37 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

I talked to my vet today. I said, "My mare had her baby." "Oh good", he says." I said, "Ask me what she had." "What did she have?" he asked. "A mule, said I. Silence for about three seconds.........................then I swear I heard him hit the floor and he just totally rolled on the floor laughing. It was hilarious! I knew he would find it humorous.

He did tell me, which confirms what Farmerman said,
that it does take about 24 hours for the little boy parts to show

Is it the same for horses?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 05:46 pm
David, I didn't even think to ask him about horses but I will when he comes out Wednesday.

I am amazed at how playful and feisty this little guy is! I got the cutest video of him tonight. Poor Miss Joy, trying to keep up with JJ is gonna be a real job. You can hear Miss Joy grunting at him while she's trying to catch up to JJ. It's so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC6sizLOJQ
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:02 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
David, I didn't even think to ask him about horses but I will when he comes out Wednesday.

I am amazed at how playful and feisty this little guy is! I got the cutest video of him tonight.
Poor Miss Joy, trying to keep up with JJ is gonna be a real job. You can hear Miss Joy grunting at him while she's trying to catch up to JJ. It's so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bC6sizLOJQ

WoW!!! That little cutie is just FULL of life and good health.
After he was in there so long,
he is celebrating his new found freedom!

David
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I am truly amazed. He is pretty darn sure footed for a three day old baby. He is having such a blast out there. Mac will be home this weekend. I know Mac will love playing with JJ. Mac has a bit of a kid side to him yet. He is having a good time over at Dave's running around with that little welsh pony.

If all goes well with Mac then two weeks later I will bring Lulu back to meet her brother. That ought to be something!
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 06:38 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
I am truly amazed. He is pretty darn sure footed for a three day old baby. He is having such a blast out there. Mac will be home this weekend. I know Mac will love playing with JJ. Mac has a bit of a kid side to him yet. He is having a good time over at Dave's running around with that little welsh pony.

If all goes well with Mac then two weeks later I will bring Lulu back to meet her brother. That ought to be something!

I hear that mules r sure footed!
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 07:15 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
From the reading I have been doing they sure are sure footed. Another good thing about them is they don't spook like horses do. So, I really feel blessed with this little guy.