I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

sozobe

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:53 pm
@Arella Mae,
Well about damn time!

So glad they're both doing well!

JJ's a cutie pie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 01:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
What a sweetie JJ is!
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 01:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Well I'm jumping with Joy, hello little girl, welcome to our world.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 01:59 pm
@farmerman,
Well, there is a reason she has some major ears! It seems that my darling little Joy's Jewel aka JJ is a MULE!

The second I saw her I said, "You are half donkey!" My trainer came out and said um, I don't know how to tell you this. I said," I know. The daddy was a donkey."

I don't care. She is precious. She was following me around the pasture while Dave was checking the momma out. Both are doing fine. I'll post more picks later.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:01 pm
@farmerman,
And yes, she's gettin the colustrum and Dave put the iodine on her. Momma and baby are doing marvelously.

I got some video of JJ rolling over. I will upload it tonight and then give y'all a link to see it.

She is just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! A mule! Who knew? Rut ro, I know what Mac is gonna say! "You're right! I ain't da baby daddy!"
Izzie

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:01 pm
@Arella Mae,
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH - she's GORGEOUS.... simply gorgeous

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7875/sbirthday029.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhh VERY HAPPY FOR YOU and so glad all went well

JOY's JEWEL - lovely.

YAY! Very Happy
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:47 pm
@Izzie,
Oh she's a treasure.

It's funny, I was meeting other community managers (from other sites) today and they asked, well, what does A2K specialize in? And I said Latin translations, water softening and what to do if you've got a pregnant horse.

How wonderful she is.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 02:55 pm
@Arella Mae,
mules are cool.

know a cowboy that is rather fond of 'em...

now you gotta start a new thread. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 03:06 pm
@Arella Mae,
Lookit those gorgeous ears and legs! congratulations gramma Arella Mae!

Good work Miss Joy!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 03:45 pm
@Arella Mae,
Mules are waay smarter than horses. My neighbor has a brace and I often walk his fields to give em some apples. Some friend of our have 2 and they travel all over riding them over remotte trails . They are indefatigable beasties. and they seem to love to trail ride with their humans.
The legs are an indication that shes gonna be strong one.

Wanna sell it?
sozobe

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 03:51 pm
@farmerman,
Just read an article about how wonderful mules are -- made me want one:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/02/15/100215fa_fact_orlean

Didn't find it for free online, darn.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:17 pm
CONGRATULATIONS, ARELLA MAE!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISS JOY's JEWEL!!!

David
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:27 pm
@Arella Mae,
Hey, congratulations to you, you have a mule! I used to watch a woman on the RFD TV channel who trained mules. She rode dressage, jumped them, drove them. Fun program. Can't think of her name.

EnJOY your new baby.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:35 pm
I took a memorable trip in my late teens, a photo shoot at various ranches and stock yards for an industrial film (the touted product turned out to be icky, but this was in the late fifties and we didn't know). Anyway, I have a memory of liking one very well regarded mule.. that affected my take on mules ever after. I can't remember why it was so well regarded, if it were a ranch pet or work mule, or was in a stockyard as a long time resident for some reason. Now I'm sorry I didn't take a photo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 04:38 pm
@sozobe,
I'll see if I still have that issue, Soz, thanks for the heads up. I have to watch out not to become a NYer packrat.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:09 pm
Farmerman, you are the second person asking me for that mule. The cool thing about Miss JJ is she is gaited like her momma! She has a black wavy mane too. I already adore her. Dave had her momma tied up so he oculd put the iodine on her and I was petting her. When I started to walk off, she started following me. Sooooooooooooooo cute!

She is going to be quite the center of attention around here I am sure. I uploaded this video of her to megaupload so you can see her. I caught her rolling over and it was so cute. I pray this link works!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7OYQGVYL
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:29 pm
She's a mule!!! Oh she is soooooooo cute!! Congratulations!! She will be so much fun. I have visited some mules in my time and they are very clever.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:31 pm
Thank all of you so much! I am going to start training her to do tricks when she is old enough. I am so happy!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 07:16 pm
Was anyone able to see that video? I think I uploaded it correctly but ya never know.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 07:24 pm
@Arella Mae,
I couldn't see it until I opted for some extra stuff and I didn't want to go there.
Can you put it on youtube?