I Am A Nervous Wreck - So Talk to Me Please!

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:00 am
Still NADA, ZILCH, ZERO babies in the pasture. Crying or Very sad
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 07:08 pm
@Arella Mae,
Wait until the Wednesday after next.

David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 07:10 pm
Laughing
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 09:57 pm
@Arella Mae,
we need to start a pool. I say the 18th (Paddy plus 1)
Rockhead

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 10:02 pm
@farmerman,
what year? Wink
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:05 pm
ROFL@ what year! Okay, today would be an absolutely gorgeous day for me to get off work, drive up, and see a foal in the yard. It is about 75, sunny, and dry.

The pool sounds like a good idea! It's supposed to storm tonight they say so I'm gonna say she's gonna have it tonight. How funny is that? Me trying to predict when she'll have that foal! Too funny! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Izzie

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2010 03:13 pm
@Arella Mae,
oh gosh Arella, well, I'll gonna go dibs in for the 16th March for the Foal Of The Year!!!! Razz Arrow

Next Tuesday ommmmmmmmmming

0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 08:10 pm
I think we are finally coming down to the wire! I came home today and Miss Joy's milkbag had nearly doubled from this morning! There was no storm last night but it is storming tonight so who knows? I haven't seen any waxing of her teats yet so guess there is still some waiting time.

I doubt I will sleep much until she has that baby.
Laughing
Sglass

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 08:39 pm
A word to Miss Joy. Stop tormenting Arella Mae and have that baby!!!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 08:39 pm
@Arella Mae,
I hope so, Arella. Best wishes to both of you as she gets ready to foal. I'm sure you're both nervous/anxious -- although perhaps you a bit more so than she.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 08:43 pm
lol Sglass! Yes, I am sure I am way more anxious about this foal than she is. I know in my head that she's had a foal before and she will do just fine. I know horses were made to have babies in all kinds of weather and the foals were fine. Now, if I could just get my nerves to listen to my head!

I don't have kids of my own and for some reason this particular baby has got me on pins and needles more than any animal I've ever had that had babies. I feel so sorry for all of you with me dragging you through MONTHS of this. You have all been so kind and so supportive I do not know how to thank all of you.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 08:48 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:
lol Sglass! Yes, I am sure I am way more anxious about this foal than she is. I know in my head that she's had a foal before and she will do just fine. I know horses were made to have babies in all kinds of weather and the foals were fine. Now, if I could just get my nerves to listen to my head!

I don't have kids of my own and for some reason this particular baby has got me on pins and needles more than any animal I've ever had that had babies. I feel so sorry for all of you with me dragging you through MONTHS of this. You have all been so kind and so supportive I do not know how to thank all of you.

Thanx for letting us share your adventure with this, Arella May.

David
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 11:38 pm
@Arella Mae,
It's been fun for us too! I think some of us are just as anxious as you are!
jespah

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 06:54 am
@Aldistar,
We just wanna see the lil baby (and take a pic of yourself with the baby while you're at it). Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 08:25 am
OH BOY! DO WE GOT MILK!

I went out to feed Miss Joy this morning and could see her milkbag from the porch. It has gotten so big! She has milk just dripping from her teats so I'd say we're having a baby any minute. I think the vet or Farmerman, or someone, said once the milk starts dripping it will be approximately within 24 to 48 hours!

You thought I was excited before? I saw that milk dripping and started screaming, "You are really having a baby!" and went running and skipping into the house! I will be sure to get lots of good pics of the mom and baby as soon as he/she arrives. As for pictures of me, bleh, I hate my pic taken but I will do my best!

I am at work and it's going to be hard sitting here working knowing how close we are now.

OH! I almost forgot! I am naming the baby Joy's Jewel to be known as JJ. I really liked Joy's Emerald but had a tough time saying JE.
Laughing
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 08:44 am
@Arella Mae,
CONGRATULATIONS! Joy 's Jewel is a wonderful name!
David
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:31 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen! Announcing the long awaited arrival of Miss Joy's Jewel, born March 12, 2010 between the hours of 8:00-10:30 am! Mother and child are doing beautifully!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7875/sbirthday029.jpg

Thank all of you so much for your support! Now maybe I can sleep tonight!
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:34 pm
@Arella Mae,
HOLY JUMPIN MAMA MIA> SHE LOOKS LIKE A MULE> SHES GOT SOME EARS ON HER> I LOVE THIS STUFF>

Is she getting colostrum? did you clean her up and put some iodine on the umbilica.

Cute little bugger
farmerman

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:42 pm
@farmerman,
You can always count on the delivery date getting pushed up if theres some change of weather. We always enter lambing season at the first snow after New YEars and end it with a spring thunderstorm. I think presure changes affect em.

Hey dont get me wrong, the kid is cute as a button, its just that shes got some major ears there.
aidan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2010 12:51 pm
@Arella Mae,
She is beautiful! What a sweet face. Congratulations! What an exciting day you guys must have had.

Happy Birthday JJ!

And that mother's amazing. Already up on her feet and back out in the field.
0 Replies