Guns: how much longer will it take ....

Glennn

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 01:45 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Im not sure why you think banning assault style weapons is different than banning a style

An assault "style" rifle does not function as an actual assault rifle. That's why they call it an assault style rifle. So you want to ban a style because you don't understand that style does not equal function.
Glennn

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 01:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
they are becoming rhe wannabe murderers weapon of choice no matter what happened in years pasr.

As of September 24, 2019, 334 mass shootings have occurred in 2019. Here is the list. Since you have stated that assault style weapons are becoming the weapon of choice for these murderers, how many of these shootings involved an AR-15? And how does that number compare to the number in 2018? I assume you can provide the answer to these two questions since your claim hinges on these numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019#cite_note-13
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 01:57 pm
@Glennn,
No we realize its an assault style weapon and want toban it because tThey are becoming the go-to weapon for murder. A weapon that kills or wounds 36 people in 33 seconds and would have killed or wounded a hundred or so in one more minute just one more minute had cops not been near by certainly is commiting what any sane person would consider an assault.
Glennn

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 02:11 pm
@MontereyJack,
In Blacksburg, Virginia, a guy killed 32 people with two pistols. And this goes back to why you're so focused on assault style rifles when the vaaaast majority of murders are committed with handguns.

And since you have stated that assault style weapons are becoming the weapon of choice for these murderers, how many of the 334 mass shootings that occurred in 2019 involved an AR-15? And how does that number compare to the number in 2018? I assume you can provide the answer to these two questions since your claim that they are becoming the weapon of choice of these murderers hinges on these numbers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_2019#cite_note-13
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 06:21 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
If you check back you will see that was addressed to oralloy not you. He has different fixations.

What you call a fixation is simply "referring to the truth". The other conservative posters here also refer to the truth.

MontereyJack wrote:
But my points are valid. As aAR 15ish rifles become .more numerous and get more coverage they are becoming rhe wannabe murderers weapon of choice no matter what happened in years pasr.

Your points are not valid. Pistol grips are not in any way a factor in any of these murders. You are only trying to outlaw pistol grips because you enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
However i assure you i have no compunctions about calling for bans on all kinds of semi auto weapons if that will make you happy.

Switching to an even bigger civil liberties violation (for even bigger fun on your part) will not make civil liberties advocates happy.

What will make civil liberties advocates happy will be if you stop trying to violate people's civil liberties for fun, and pay compensation to all of your victims.

MontereyJack wrote:
Whatever works.

That only thing that your civil liberties violations achieve is the pleasure that they give you when you violate people's civil liberties.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 06:23 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No we realize its an assault style weapon and want toban it because tThey are becoming the go-to weapon for murder. A weapon that kills or wounds 36 people in 33 seconds and would have killed or wounded a hundred or so in one more minute just one more minute had cops not been near by certainly is commiting what any sane person would consider an assault.

Don't be silly. The pistol grip played no role in the death toll. The only thing that made that gun so deadly was the fact that a large magazine was inserted into it.

If you cared about saving lives, you would focus on large magazines and not be trying to outlaw pistol grips.

You focus on pistol grips because what you care about is violating people's civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 07:08 pm
You focus on pistol grips. He focuses on the fact that a weapon that can kill 30 people in 35 seconds is a assault weapon.
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2019 07:22 pm
@RABEL222,
That is incorrect. He is focusing on pistol grips. I am only addressing the object of his focus.

And no, these weapons are not assault weapons.

Assault weapons:

a) are capable of either full-auto or burst-fire,

b) accept detachable magazines,

c) fire rounds that are less powerful than a standard deer rifle, and

d) are effective at a range of 300 meters.

This means that semi-auto-only guns are not assault weapons.

This means that guns with fixed magazines are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire rounds equal-to or greater-than the power of a standard deer rifle are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire handgun/shotgun/rimfire rounds are not assault weapons.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 04:51 am
@Glennn,
And how many of those mass shootings involved guns? All of them, right? I keep saying we should ban all semi autos. Gotta make a start SOMEWHERE. You apparently advocate sitting on your hands and doing nothing because there's more than one kind og gun involved. So what? Solve the problem. Stop making excuses.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 05:16 am
@oralloy,
your fixation on pistol grips is a red herring, always has been. No one has ever been trying to ban pistol grips. Bsnning certain kind s of WEAPONS has always been the object, not the grips. And AR15s are perfectly capable of creating assaults in a massive scale very quickly, so assault style weapon is an exactly appropriate name. If you would prefer a term like terror weapon instead, fine with me. If you would prefer a term something like banning weapons that accept detachable magazines and large magazines (I think the NY legistation banned magazines that accept more than seven rounds, that's fine with me too). If you'd stop advocating violating American civil rights for fun, that would be good too.
oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 06:07 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
your fixation on pistol grips

That would be your fixation on pistol grips.

The reason why I keep telling you that you can't ban them is because you keep insisting on banning them.

MontereyJack wrote:
is a red herring, always has been.

That is incorrect. Directly addressing your points is not a red herring.

MontereyJack wrote:
No one has ever been trying to ban pistol grips.

Here are two posts where you praised efforts to ban pistol grips on semi-automatic rifles:

http://able2know.org/topic/203766-209#post-5227079

http://able2know.org/topic/355218-2108#post-6598060

MontereyJack wrote:
Banning certain kinds of WEAPONS has always been the object,

Specifically, the kinds of weapons that you are trying to ban are: those with pistol grips attached to them.

MontereyJack wrote:
not the grips.

"Banning weapons whenever they have pistol grips attached to them" is "banning pistol grips."

MontereyJack wrote:
And AR15s are perfectly capable of creating assaults in a massive scale very quickly,

Only when they have a large magazine attached to them. And no worse than any other rifle with a large magazine attached to it.

MontereyJack wrote:
so assault style weapon is an exactly appropriate name.

That is incorrect. Assault weapons:

a) are capable of either full-auto or burst-fire,

b) accept detachable magazines,

c) fire rounds that are less powerful than a standard deer rifle, and

d) are effective at a range of 300 meters.

This means that semi-auto-only guns are not assault weapons.

This means that guns with fixed magazines are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire rounds equal-to or greater-than the power of a standard deer rifle are not assault weapons.

This means that guns that fire handgun/shotgun/rimfire rounds are not assault weapons.

MontereyJack wrote:
If you would prefer a term like terror weapon instead, fine with me.

The appropriate term is "ordinary hunting rifle".

MontereyJack wrote:
If you would prefer a term something like banning weapons that accept detachable magazines and large magazines (I think the NY legistation banned magazines that accept more than seven rounds, that's fine with me too).

That you enjoy violating people's civil liberties is irrelevant. It isn't acceptable.

MontereyJack wrote:
If you'd stop advocating violating American civil rights for fun, that would be good too.

Not until you stop violating people's civil liberties for fun, and compensate your victims.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 06:09 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
I keep saying we should ban all semi autos.

Another proposal to violate people's civil liberties for fun.

MontereyJack wrote:
Gotta make a start SOMEWHERE.

No. We don't have to start violating people's civil liberties for fun.

MontereyJack wrote:
You apparently advocate sitting on your hands and doing nothing because there's more than one kind of gun involved. So what?

It's more that there is no reason to outlaw the guns that you keep demanding to outlaw. The only reason why you keep demanding to outlaw these guns is because you enjoy violating people's civil liberties.

MontereyJack wrote:
Solve the problem.

No.

Not until you stop violating people's civil liberties for fun, and compensate all of your victims.

MontereyJack wrote:
Stop making excuses.

No one is making any excuses. We're just telling you that we will not allow you to violate our civil liberties for fun.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 08:23 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
they are becoming rhe wannabe murderers weapon of choice no matter what happened in years pasr.

As of September 24, 2019, 334 mass shootings have occurred in 2019. Here is the list. Since you have stated that assault style weapons are becoming the weapon of choice for these murderers, how many of these shootings involved an AR-15? And how does that number compare to the number in 2018? I assume you can provide the answer to these two questions since your claim hinges on these numbers.

I'm still waiting for you to provide those numbers so that I can be sure I'm not talking to someone who is just making **** up as they go along. So how about it?
Glennn

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 08:30 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
And how many of those mass shootings involved guns? All of them, right? I keep saying we should ban all semi autos. Gotta make a start SOMEWHERE.

Right. You want the cops to go to everyone's door and take all their semiautomatic guns from them. And when people are still committing murder after that, you will be jumping on another band wagon and banging the drum in a campaign to go to everyone's door for the purpose of taking their six-shot revolvers. And when people continue committing murder after that, you will start beating the drum in a campaign to knock on everyone's door demanding that they hand over their hunting rifles and shotguns. A
izzythepush

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 08:43 am
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

Right. You want the cops to go to everyone's door and take all their semiautomatic guns from them.

No, only the people who have semiautomatics.

You've not really thought this through have you?
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 08:48 am
@Glennn,
You want the list, you dow the work. Detailed record on every shgooting, gun shop records of purchases, forensic analyses. I'll wait. Too many people are dying. Oralloykeeps making the case tht thall semi autos are equally dangerous. tine. sequester them all. Society is breaking, and you guys are leading the demolition.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 08:59 am
@Glennn,
334 mass shootings in 2019. That's more than one a day.That's unacceptyable to most of the country. Focus. They're done with guns. Most of them various semi autos. If you keep making escuses, keep excdusing the loss of life, you're the problem. Do something. One way to start is with the guns that get all the p.r., all the pictures, like the Dayton shooter walking around with his AR15. (CLike the Christchurch shoter with hi. People are dying and you're whining and doing nothong. Do something.I mean, really, 334 shootings and you don't see a problem? Get real.
Glennn

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 09:19 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You want the list, you dow the work.

You made the claim, and now you're being asked to back it up with the facts that show it to be true. You stated that assault style weapons are becoming the weapon of choice for these murderers. So tell me how many of these shootings involved an AR-15? And how does that number compare to the number in 2018? I assume you can provide the answer to these two questions since your claim hinges on those numbers.

You were just parroting the words of another without looking into it, weren't you?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 09:21 am
@MontereyJack,
Ive quit these guys because they preach from one side of a room and fail to even see what a stupid and heartless bunch of douche bags they are.

It is really sad but, while they claim their rights for holding guns of all kinds, exclaiming their beliefs in"freedom" which somehow expiates the massive losses of life, yet , they mostly sound like a bunch of wimpies whod run from any real chances to help anyone being fired on.
Glennn

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2019 09:35 am
@farmerman,
You sound like someone without an argument, but wants to talk anyway.

So what about you? Do you support your pal 'Jack who makes claims without finding out whether or not they are true? I only ask because that's how you come across. 'Jack said that assault style weapons are becoming the weapon of choice for these murderers. So I asked him how many of these shootings involved an AR-15, and how that number compares to the number in 2018? I assume that since you support ole 'Jack, you can provide the answer to these two questions since his claim hinges on those numbers. Or are you satisfied with simply riding the coattails of a guy who talks out his ass?

Also, are you really with 'Jack in his quest to go door to door for the purpose of taking everyone's semiautomatic guns away from them, or are there limits to your brown-nosing?