monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:06 pm
@MontereyJack,
How much is Brandon going to lose to you, MJ?
glitterbag

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:26 pm
@camlok,
He doesn't lose anything because he didn't wager anything. He demanded evidence or have MJ retract his statement. MJ provided the info and then Shazam, here you are with more tone deaf nonsense.
camlok

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Quote:
He doesn't lose anything because he didn't wager anything.

Duuuuhhhh!

You're not very swift on the uptake, are you, glitter? You understand, "tongue in cheek", don't you?

I can access a dictionary definition for you, if you'd like.

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:39 pm
@glitterbag,
I didn't think there were any, but there is at least one, and so far only one, Republican with cojones enough to stand up to the NRA bullies
Quote:

A prominent Republican political donor demanded on Saturday that the party pass legislation to restrict access to guns, and vowed not to contribute to any candidates or electioneering groups that did not support a ban on the sale of military-style firearms to civilians.
Al Hoffman Jr., a Florida-based real estate developer who was a leading fund-raiser for George W. Bush’s campaigns, said he would seek to marshal support among other Republican political donors for a renewed assault weapons ban.

“For how many years now have we been doing this — having these experiences of terrorism, mass killings — and how many years has it been that nothing’s been done?” Mr. Hoffman said in an interview. “It’s the end of the road for me.”
bullies
camlok

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:42 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I didn't think there were any, but there is at least one, and so far only one, Republican with cojones ...

Speaking of cojones, MJ, why are you sucking up to glitterbag?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
gotta love a president who lies so much that people seem to have made careers just keeping track of them

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

Quote:
But Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent. Nixon, Reagan and Clinton were protecting their reputations; Trump seems to lie for the pure joy of it. A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?utm_term=.5876669da315

Quote:
In 365 days, President Trump has made 2,140 false or misleading claims

The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false or misleading claims made by President Trump since assuming office.

Updated Jan. 19, 2018

and it kept going

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/trump-is-lying-about-his-state-of-the-union-ratings.html

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/donald-trump-lies-about-himself

apparently it's the WH thing to do

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/02/white-house-update-everybody-keeps-lying-about-everything.html

jcboy

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:39 pm
Why would a 19 year old kid demand to keep an AR-15 at the foot of their bed? Are there great hunting opportunities in South Florida that I never knew about when I lived there for years? More importantly, what parents would agree to that demand when they have their own kids to worry about? The answer is "Only TERRIBLE Parents". Yeah, I said it...

https://image.ibb.co/crgFMS/tttt.jpg
camlok

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:46 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
gotta love a president who lies so much that people seem to have made careers just keeping track of them

This is hardly a new thing for US presidents, Beth.

As opposed to, say, all the people who studiously ignore all the totally transparent lies of the Bush/Cheney gang about the events of September 11, 2001, right, ehBeth?

Trump trumps them with volume. With sheer audacity, with the weight of the Bush/Cheney lies, with the downstream effects of these lies, I'm afraid to say that Trump is a piker - soooo far!

You CAN grasp how the existence of molten/vaporized WTC structural steel makes the US governments' story about how the events of that day transpired a total lie, can you not?
0 Replies

camlok

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:47 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
The answer is "Only TERRIBLE Parents". Yeah, I said it...

The answer is "Only TERRIBLE GOVERNMENTS". Yeah, I said it...
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 07:15 pm
Mitt is trying to return to politics. Wouldn’t it be nice if Romney’s leftier, more intelligent Republicanism became the new normal for the GOP?
revelette1

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 07:33 pm
Fla. student Emma Gonzalez to lawmakers and gun advocates: 'We call BS'
BillW

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 07:45 pm
@MontereyJack,

That is an average of 5.86301369863 a day.
camlok

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 08:56 pm
@BillW,
Quote:
That is an average of 5.86301369863 a day.

I guess Brandon "wins".

Brandon: Please cite, say, two dates when he lied six or more times and state the lies or else withdraw the assertion.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:17 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Brandon sez:
Quote:

Please cite, say, two dates when he lied s4ix or more times and state the lies or else withdraw the assertion. It should be easy if, as you assert, this happens every day. Secondly, your statement that the media has a bias for Trump is unproven, and, I believe, false.

Wow, now there is the world's easiest challenge to win. Piec o' cake.
Obama wa born in Kenya. LIE repeated numerous times for a year.
The Central Park Five should

The Central Park Fivef were guilty of murder--repeated 16even after they were found innocent. Published in a full page ad in the NYT

He wonthe 206 election popular vote beaucs three millon illegal immigrants voted for Hillary. Totally bogus. ZERO EVIDENCE

His health plan will be beautiful--cover everybody, cost less, and cover more. Repeated promise on the camaign trail. The health plans he's baced so farall cost more, cover less,, and would cause millions of people to lose their health insurance.

Znd of course the one voted 2017

A few of your examples are subject to discussion, but ignoring that, you said six times a day. Please cite two examples of six or more lies in one day.
glitterbag

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:20 pm
@Brandon9000,
Oh for Christ's sake give it up Brandon.
Brandon9000

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Oh for Christ's sake give it up Brandon.

Not an argument. Please specify which of my statements you allege to be incorrect or inappropriate.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:34 pm
@Brandon9000,
jeus christ, brndon, how unaware can you possibly be? Here's the cite for one notorious example, a Trump speech where he made 71 errors in one houre including commercial breaks
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-fact-check_us_56fc375fe4b0daf53aee9175
If you still believe anything he says without checking it yourself, you are clearly among the world's most gullible people.

BillW

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Or, a super dense Repuklian..... He also beats his wife.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:40 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
A few of your examples are subject to discussion
No. All verified
MontereyJack

Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:43 pm
@MontereyJack,
Andtjhat one Trump speech, at an average of 5.5 per day (rounded) take up a dozen days right there. Pretty close to par for every one of his speeches that have been fact checked. He's a compulsive serial liar.
0 Replies