Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

Ethel2

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:00 pm
Little k, are you out there? We are wondering.............
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:11 pm
Perhaps it was one of those "Oh my Gawd!" dates
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 07:21 pm
Well, I hope she had a good time. I must go attend an "Official Function" (referrenced in the "What are you wearing?" thread). Perhaps she'll have checked in by the time I return.

timber
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:09 pm
Lighting a candle and putting it in the window for l'k and timber, while i continue my online search for a vendor of mod-podge.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:14 pm
ehBeth..you cant pick it up locally?

well...here you go:

http://www.artstuff.net/mod_podge.htm
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 08:22 pm
L'k we await your report. Hmm, I guess really, really good or really, really bad. How is that for commitment. Opp I forget never ever say the "c" word on a date, yikes.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 09:34 am
ehBeth, saw the candle and wandered in. Still no word from littlek?
Has she done this sort of thing often , or should we be concerned?

Oh, and last night's "Official Function" was much as expected. Several of the Orange Clad Ones wisely chose to overnight here as oposed to attempting to negotiate their ways to their individual homes. Today will be a bit foggy and uncomfortable.

timber
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 09:49 am
Timberland - Obviously you have discerning friends!

Quinn, that is so sweet that they continue to email each other, even from across the room. <heart>

Beth -- I love that you light candles... this is a particularly good time to be doing that.

So -- CALLING LITTLE K... COME IN -- WITH OR WITHOUT BI-single L... we're getting a touch worried, OK?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 10:16 am
Lola
they are still married after 6 years
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:16 am
How did you know I was here, Husker? Or did you get me and Piffka mixed up? Anyway, six years is great.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 11:50 am
Lola
You crack me up.
In Love? That's a state of the heart, something that has to be nurtured and cared for. Ok for the short answer, I don't know
I've only met him one time they live on the other coast. But since WTC and the affects that's had on her, she doesn't keep in touch like she used to. I don't know if you remember I talked about it on the other Website as Elio. When she worked as EMS @ GZ, after WTC.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:34 pm
Ah ha! So you think I'm funny, Husker..........because I speak of love? Well, what's dating about anyway if not love? Online or otherwise. Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:35 pm
Lust??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:35 pm
littlek has re-surfaced elsewhere. waiting for her to report in here.

piffka, i am very much a candle-lighter. Monday in particular for positive thoughts for ailing pets. Almost anything will cause me to light a candle to focus my reflections on. I am often putering by candlelight - bought a special candlestand to keep beside the old kitchen table i use as a puter desk.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:37 pm
ehbeth
I friend just returned from Toronto, said it was cold there, but last night when she returned - it's colder here.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:39 pm
I can just see you now, ehBeth, at your keyboard by candlelight. That's very romantic.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:41 pm
We're expecting snow again for the next couple of days, and then about 3 days of rain. Not so chilly when the snow is heading in. The doggies will be happy - they love snow.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 12:58 pm
oh Lola, I hadda laugh when I saw your post that online dating has to be about love or what's it good for! Lust of course it a biggie, but more often I find that it is a way to 'take risks' and really communicate with the preferred gender for friendship, romance, fun, companionship, pen pals, etc. There are folks that would never be able to meet, or even to get up the nerve to talk with others they may be interested in, if it were not for online dating. This is a great way to sort through all kinds of issues one may have on their own end, and also by 'forcing' communication that is soley-dependant on the written word, well it gives some a chance to think and respond carefully and deeply. In my experiences, I found a great deal more honesty in the type of person I 'talked to' online. You see, it is even easier to ignore or walk away from an online "interest" than in real life. So, there is much incentive to be clear and also to connect in your minds, hearts, AND imaginations. And, I STILL have lots of great copies of letters by email and chats that I treasure still from dear folks I have met online.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 01:13 pm
Cobalt,

I agree most heartily.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Nov, 2002 04:09 pm
I would have to say that the pitfalls are no different for those meeting on-line than they are IRL. In fact, the swengali-like power which some people are able to exert on others simply would not work on-line. There are techniques for manipulating people that only work through eye-contact and body-language. To my way of thinking, the on-line "plaza" has no more, and no fewer potential dangers than any other locale for meeting others . . .
0 Replies