Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

Ethel2

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:46 pm
:wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:54 pm
And I doubt anyone was wronged. Blatham appears to like to tease. I'm sure he enjoys all the attention.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 12:58 pm
Lola, You're right, we are in the midst of a true phenomena. About the other, I'm afraid I've already begun the tease and he immediately left. Crying or Very sad I hope he was going to work.

Bethie -- a West Side visit? Yes, yes. And bring that bartender if you can! Does he like ballet?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:03 pm
Meeting Bil with one 'l' this eve.

Still no word from the teacher...

I think that the particular forum I've getten myself invovled with is a really good one for me. The site provided profile Qs to be answered are generally light and the answers have been pretty funny. No Qs about marriage, settling down or children. More people in my age group than not.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:05 pm
Bil with one 'el"? I wonder what the story is behind that!

Glad that the dating forum is working... is it a local one?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:09 pm
It's national, but there are a lot of boston regionals on it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:35 pm
Piffka, don't worry, really. If you'll notice, it was Blatham himself started the teasing.

Good luck tonight, little k. It sounds like you're having lots of fun. Dating can be so exciting when done well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:37 pm
I'll talk to the barkeep, piffka. I don't think he's much of a ballet-lover, but he has been known to be a good sport.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:43 pm
We're sporty here -- PFK will "show" him his Scotch collection (he's so proud!).

Lola - . Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 01:50 pm
Our barkeep is a non-imbiber - he's always happiest being on the bottom of a snuggle pile of dogs, and I believe you have some doggies who might be pleased to oblige in piling on!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 02:04 pm
Yes, they'll pile on. They may take a few minutes to get used to him... they're shy around strangers, especially big ones who are wearing hats, but then they become pussywillows. Take a walk with them and you're their friend for life!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 02:08 pm
Piffka wrote:
they're shy around strangers, especially big ones who are wearing hats, ... Take a walk with them and you're their friend for life!

Since the barkeep steadfastly refuses to wear any head gear, regardless of weather - and he loves to go doggie walking - i think they will become fast friends.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 03:56 pm
Good. They're ridiculously cuddly with those they love. Penny wiggles so hard you think her tail is going to fall off. Poppy just presses against you. And then they fuss with each other over who gets to be the closest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 04:26 pm
The barkeep's favourite kind of friends! The avatar he has here is a clip of the day he met Cleo. She is lying back in his arms, looking at him with the most melting smile. Bailey is standing sort of over his shoulder, monitoring the whole thing.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 04:33 pm
My sister married a guy she met on the internet.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 04:48 pm
Husker, How did it work out?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 05:34 pm
Piffka

Sorry to leave you thinking you may have offended. Precisely the opposite - I was delighted to be playing with this crowd. I did have to go to work, as Lola intuited, and then I suffered a computer crash which has just gotten sorted out now (the cost of which would have allowed me to...say, spend a week in New York city with one of you).

Lola...as it happens, the lady is from exactly the same planet as yourself.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:42 pm
HAs anyone learned how littlek's date last night went? I'm eager to read of her assessment of the "One El'd Bil"

timber
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:47 pm
I've been waiting by my e-mail, timber, but nada, nada, nada.
is that good?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2002 06:48 pm
My mother met my step dad on line, ages ago...they are very very happy..emailing each other still from the other side of the room! Its silly but, its them...and if it works well for them, then thats just fine.
I agree with lola, here we generally will become our own social groups, in which then we will have the opportunity for other social devices, just like IRL but, I think with a great deal of information then if you just came upon someone in your usual IRL social group.

Wondering how little k is doing...maybe she has more dates set up?
0 Replies