Online dating, flirting and dating burn-out.

husker

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 09:27 am
L'k you talking about me again??? <giggle> Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 09:38 am
Hi Husker!
(Hmmm, just change a couple of letters and that's Husky!)

littlek -- That's great, he recognized it and still you are friends. It must not have been as much of a whoops as you thought.

Today is another day. Look out for tall red-haired men with nice smiles. <grin>
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 09:38 am
little k

Guy perspective (though take it with a grain of salt as the operation was only three weeks ago and before that I was Hilda)...

If you have the sense that he 'isn't used to not getting what he wants' and that you figure he's a bit hot on the trail of your bottom, then you probably ought not to give him anything he wants. Whatever his real 'personness' is is likely to become more clear then. And you'll notice that I'm not even your father, but still advance this strategy.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 09:41 am
Excellent Advice. Drop him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 09:43 am
...or at least don't give him what he wants, see what happens. I agree about the "personness" thing.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 09:51 am
Right. I was half-joking, but...

Didn't you say he wasn't appealing to you?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 10:18 am
(blatham's funny. must be that bc water.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 11:30 am
Bicarbonate? BLatham drinks bicarbonate?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 11:35 am
Heeheehee....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 11:37 am
ehBeth wrote:
Cuz you know, it still seems like you're looking for THE one, and anyone who doesn't seem likely to be THE one gets moved aside.

This keeps tugging at my brain..... I don't know that I'm actively looking for THE ONE. I'm looking for ONE of the ONES. I don't mind serial monogamy that much, just want a relationship. I'm not sure there is even a THE ONE for me at this point.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 11:53 am
Ok, not looking for THE one - looking for a relationship - it's the good old semantics thing. If a guy is not relationship material, can he still be dating material?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 12:05 pm
Prolly not, but that's what I did with the last guy......
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:17 pm
BC is a huge and manly place...here we drink tricarbonates.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:29 pm
Like manly men . . . does that mean you frequently belch in three/four time . . . a sort of gaseous waltz?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:46 pm
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:47 pm
They're men
(Manly men)
They're Men in Tights
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 03:54 pm
Hmmmm - and if the tights are tighty tights, you can tell their religion - unless they have done a li'l stuffing of strategic areas.... then you can tell their denier....
0 Replies

Porfavor

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:10 pm
Holy Cow!

Missed a lot here but I trust Lil K's instincts. I mean... it this guy was "the one" or even "the one for a good time", good ole instincts is the the best, because I doubt anything would stop a relationship or even a meaningful moment if all systems are "hitting the jackpot".

Another thing is as time goes along... we tend to thing more realistically than passionately. Some identify that with wisdom and others may think you are lossing it... but it seems to be more accurate in determining the right & wrong of things.

My guess is that there is something on Lil K's mind that is somewhat a doubtful thought as to whether it's worth even the moment... maybe just a gut feeling.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 04:12 pm
Porfavor, Holy Cow, it has been a long, long time since I heard from you - Welcome aboard (you are the same Porfavor, are you not?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2002 06:01 pm
Of course he's the same porfavor! Just spelled different.

Thanks, porfavor - my instincts seem to be righter and righter as I go....
0 Replies