I'm a Stalker!

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:26 pm
The call center thing is just a temporay thing for me to get myself working ASAP and to help my son out, but don't tell him that. He thinks I'm into it. I'm going to have a hard time with it because I don't do well with people yelling at me, which a lot of customers do. That in itself should be interesting. Plus, I can't see myself in a job where I'm sitting all day or night. It's just not the way I'm made.

I'm a ball of energy and I need something a bit more physical than a call center, but a little less physical than labour work.

I use to work for ADP in the US and that was the best job I ever had. I was there 2 years and left because I got involved with someone I worked with and when that fell apart, I couldn't stand working with him anymore, so I left the best job I ever had. I was very young (19) and I didn't realize how good I had it.

Anyway, there's an ADP in Moncton as well and I looked up their address, so when my son is settled into a job and gets another car, I can move on.

My job at ADP was in production, but nothing like factory work. Kept me on my feet and the work wasn't back breaking. Nice building, nice people, and over all nice atmosphere.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:30 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Montana wrote:
Wow! Thanks Mystery. I didn't know you were from around here. My son is looking for another job as well and wants to stay with the call centers, except there's one he wants to avoid because his ex girlfriend works there, so I need to check with him first. Don't remember the name of the place, but if that's not the one where she's working, that would be great. Thank you!

We were going to check out ITC in Riverview first because they're very close to my sons place in Moncton, then there's Minics (spelling), where he use to work and they would love to have him back.

Gotta stay connected with my son for a bit until he gets back on his feet. His girlfriend screwed him, so he left his job where he was working with her at Minics and now he no longer has a car to get to work. She went to another call center and I'm not sure if that's the one.

Mom to the rescue, once again Laughing

Thanks again Mystery, I appreciate it very much! :-D

I didnt mean to give the impression that I was from your part of the world.
I'm not.
I'm in Kentucky, and my gf works at the Sykes in Morganfield.
She does however travel to some of the other centers to train people.

She was in the Phillipines a little while ago.

However, she has been with Sykes for almost 12 years.
I already asked her and she will give you a reference if you want.

For privacy sake, if you want to continue this discussion, lets do it via PM.

That's what I thought. I knew you weren't from these parts. Please thank your girlfriend very much for me and tell her I appreciate it so very much.

I don't want her to stick her neck out for me when I'm pretty sure the call center thing is not right for me, but it sure is nice of her to offer and of you to get involved.

Thanks again Mystery :-D
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:45 pm
Montana wrote:
Thank you C Jane for giving me some food for thought and all of you for your support :-D

My pleasure, Montana. We're all here to help, sweetie Very Happy

Office positions do get paid a lot better than factory jobs, plus you'd
get benefits and regular vacation/sick days. You won't be sitting all
day either, believe me. Our secretary is running quite a bit around,
she always sighs in relief when she can sit down at her desk again.

Give it a try - we all send you plenty of references, if needed. Very Happy
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:48 pm
Montana wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Montana wrote:
Wow! Thanks Mystery. I didn't know you were from around here. My son is looking for another job as well and wants to stay with the call centers, except there's one he wants to avoid because his ex girlfriend works there, so I need to check with him first. Don't remember the name of the place, but if that's not the one where she's working, that would be great. Thank you!

We were going to check out ITC in Riverview first because they're very close to my sons place in Moncton, then there's Minics (spelling), where he use to work and they would love to have him back.

Gotta stay connected with my son for a bit until he gets back on his feet. His girlfriend screwed him, so he left his job where he was working with her at Minics and now he no longer has a car to get to work. She went to another call center and I'm not sure if that's the one.

Mom to the rescue, once again Laughing

Thanks again Mystery, I appreciate it very much! :-D

I didnt mean to give the impression that I was from your part of the world.
I'm not.
I'm in Kentucky, and my gf works at the Sykes in Morganfield.
She does however travel to some of the other centers to train people.

She was in the Phillipines a little while ago.

However, she has been with Sykes for almost 12 years.
I already asked her and she will give you a reference if you want.

For privacy sake, if you want to continue this discussion, lets do it via PM.

That's what I thought. I knew you weren't from these parts. Please thank your girlfriend very much for me and tell her I appreciate it so very much.

I don't want her to stick her neck out for me when I'm pretty sure the call center thing is not right for me, but it sure is nice of her to offer and of you to get involved.

Thanks again Mystery :-D

Thats ok, I understand your reasoning.
She is sitting here reading these posts, and she asks me to tell you that if you ever do change your mind, just let me know and she will do what she can.

As for your job search, good luck.
Stacy and I will be rooting for you. Smile Smile
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 07:27 pm
We just need to find you a tall - dark - handsome man that is mega rich!

And does everything you tell him to do. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:26 pm
Jane, you're a sweetheart. Thank you so much.

Mystery, I want to thank you both again and I surely will let you know if things change.

Brooke, Thanks sweetie, you're the best :-D

Ok, the latest news is that I found an ad for the ICT place and unfortunately, they only have the day shift, not to mention the pay really sucks for a call center.

The good news is that I found another position in another company (cable company) working the phones as technical support and that one has my favorite graveyard shift and they pay quite well for those shifts. Smiles from ear to ear because I am more of a technical person and my son is as well.
The pay is $5 more an hour than the ICT place and it's a job I can see myself doing, even though I'd still be sitting. I'd also have my favorite shift and they have 15 positions open :-D

In the mean time, I'm not as worried about cash this month, as I have been because I finally went and did my taxes and instead of owing a few grand like I thought I would, I'm getting back $700 :-D
Good thing I didn't get into accounting, eh Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:30 pm
JustBrooke wrote:
We just need to find you a tall - dark - handsome man that is mega rich!

And does everything you tell him to do. :wink:

Tall-dark-hadsome-mega rich guy would be nice, especially if he does everything I tell him to do ;-)

<oh sigh> if there only were such a man!

Well, I played the lottery tonight and the jackpot is 17 million, so if I get lucky with that, I'll just rent me one of them men, or I can go get my Frenchy and live happily ever after :-D

<oh sigh>
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:32 pm
Well if you're getting $ 700 back, you should consider accounting Wink

That job with the cable company sounds lucrative, and since they're
looking for 15 people, your desk is prepared as we speak.

That's good news, Montana!! A good reason to celebrate on a Friday evening! Salute!!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:39 pm
Keeping everything crossed for you hun xx Keep thinking positive k!

(nite for now) Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:39 pm
Thanks Jane :-D

I've been looking for this position for a while. I remember when I use to call technical support for cable/internet, I always thought it was a job I'd enjoy, but I couldn't find it because they don't list in the local paper.

I only found them by searching through the job bank on line through government canada. We'll have to apply on line, but that works for me :-D

Cheers :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:10 pm
Izzie wrote:
Keeping everything crossed for you hun xx Keep thinking positive k!

(nite for now) Smile

Sorry I missed this post lzzie. Thanks sweetie and sleep well :-D

I just told my son the news and he's very excited. He's quite the technical dude and he's also a night owl just like his mom :

WoooooHooooooo!!!! :-D
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 08:34 am
Montana wrote:
Jane, you're a sweetheart. Thank you so much.

Mystery, I want to thank you both again and I surely will let you know if things change.

Brooke, Thanks sweetie, you're the best :-D

Ok, the latest news is that I found an ad for the ICT place and unfortunately, they only have the day shift, not to mention the pay really sucks for a call center.

The good news is that I found another position in another company (cable company) working the phones as technical support and that one has my favorite graveyard shift and they pay quite well for those shifts. Smiles from ear to ear because I am more of a technical person and my son is as well.
The pay is $5 more an hour than the ICT place and it's a job I can see myself doing, even though I'd still be sitting. I'd also have my favorite shift and they have 15 positions open :-D

In the mean time, I'm not as worried about cash this month, as I have been because I finally went and did my taxes and instead of owing a few grand like I thought I would, I'm getting back $700 :-D
Good thing I didn't get into accounting, eh Laughing

Thats fantastic about the tech support job!!!!! Smile

However, if you get it you have to give all of us the phone number so we can call you when we need help, ok.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 10:23 am
Montana your (perhaps) best bet if you want to earn good coin at home is to get yourself up and running as a daycare! Check with your local municipally as to what the bylaws and regulations are.

Also at home doggy day-care.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 11:08 am
Mystery, of course :-D

Chumly, just the thought of running a day care makes my skin crawl. Nothing against kids, but I raised my son as a single parent and now that he's grown, my child care days are over forever.

The doggy day care sounds much better, but still not my cup of tea.

Only problem with the tech support job is that it doesn't start until the 12th of May and that's a bit of a stretch. I can wait if I know for sure that I have the job.

My son and I are going to apply on line later on tonight.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 11:16 am
Good luck.

Is it far to drive to tech job?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 02:11 pm
How about a nice little grow-op?
Or the madam of your very own brothel?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 03:44 pm
Chumly wrote:
How about a nice little grow-op?
Or the madam of your very own brothel?

Hmmmmm.....yeah.....Let me know if you pick option 2. I might come work for ya. Would be easier than what I do now.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 04:28 pm
Chai, my son has a mini home just 15 minutes from the tech job and I have my own bedroom in his place where I'd stay until he gets on his feet and has another car. I'd just be there during the work week and back home on the weekends.
Once he's all set, the drive from here is only about 40 minutes, so that's not bad. The commute would have been a problem if I was to take on a labour job working 10-12 shifts, but these are just normal 8 hour shifts working on my butt all day or night. No sweat :-D

Chumly, sounds good to me and if I could get Brooke on my staff, I could make a small fortune :-D

Brooke, I'll let you know if I decide to go with it :-D
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 04:32 pm
Montana wrote:

Brooke, I'll let you know if I decide to go with it :-D

Woooo hoooooooo! A job that I would actually know what I was doing for a change! Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 04:39 pm
Laughing
0 Replies