I'm a Stalker!

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:36 pm
hehe montana, i feel like a stalker too!

that girl who saw me walk into the door , ive been to the store everyday just to gaze at her beauty.

literally.

"Then i was like, wow thts a great marketing technique, hire cute girls"

Now i dont think i have as good a chance at gettin her #
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 02:32 pm
It doesn't always pay to be a stalker Laughing

Job I was suppose to start this week didn't happen. First I had to drive an hour for the interview (gas prices are extra high when you're broke), then had to pay for parking, then I had to agree to go for a drug test (more $) and I refuse to jump through that many hoops for a labour job working my butt off on my feet, 12 hours on the graveyard shift in steel toes.

It's a wonder why their ad never leaves the paper. If I can't find something by wed, it's back to the lobster shop for me <sigh>!

No time for stalking these days for me.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 02:33 pm
Oh hun - I'm so sorry - what a crap day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad

edit:
OH.... that wasnt a useful post ^^^^^^^ sorry... dunno how to make ya feel better but (((((((((((((((((xox))))))))))))))))))))))) will send you hugs.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 02:38 pm
I am sorry to hear that, Montana. Isn't there anything else opening
up in your town? Is there a possibility to take courses to advance you
further?

I'd hate for you to go back to the lobster factory, it's hard work for little
pay, dto. for your last job. You shouldn't be working in a factory.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 03:32 pm
Thanks lzzie and Jane.

I know I am way over qualified for the jobs I'm applying for, but there's nothing much else available on the night shift other than factory work. I do need a physical job cause I have more energy than I know how to burn in a day and I have an old back injury that hurts like hell if I spend too much time sitting. Doc says I need to stay active and moving to live without pain and he's right, as usual.

The jobs in my area don't pay, so I have to go out to the city to find something.

My son has a mini home in the city, which is where I'd stay during my work week, then I'd head home on the weekends.

I applied for another job yesterday, which are the same hours as my last job. The pay is ok ($3.00 hr more than my last job) and I'd work 10 hr nights, 4 nights a week, with 3 day weekends. I liked that set up with my last job, so I hope I get a call.

It's a dog/cat food place. Nothing fancy, but enough to pay the bills and then some.

If I can't find something by wed, it's back to the lobster Sad
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 09:40 pm
Ahhh crap, Montana. Keepin' my fingers crossed ya don't have to go back to the lobster place.

Keep positive and maybe you can pull some positive energy your way.
~ Hugs
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 09:48 pm
Montana!!!!!!!

I know some ways to make extra money. Did I already tell you about this? The pay sucks but you do it from home and work your way up and you make your own hours.

And when you need gas $$$ mid week..........BAM, you get an extra little check.

Your such a good nice lady Montana, I hate to see somebody like you struggle. I am really pulling for you.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:13 pm
Americans don't know how lucky they are when in come to jobs. They have way more locales and choices than Canadians.

Not to say that Canadians have it bad, but the east coast where Montana lives is not the best for job options. In fact, in the whole of Canada there are only a few decent sized job locales (mostly all with very long cold winters).

The best bet for most Canadians is to work for a city / municipality / government institution / crown corporation / etc. In other words some establishment connected with the government.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:15 pm
Very interesting Chumly.

Canada has water though. Our waters running out.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:20 pm
Canadian water is the premiere beverage of choice..............after Canadian beer!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:13 am
Thanks you guys. I'll figure something out, but I would be interested in hearing more about that work at home thing, Amigo.
My ultimate dream really is to find something where I could work from home, but there are so many work at home scams out there, it's hard to tell what's legit or not.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:21 am
Sending you posivibes your way hunni. When will you hear back from the job you just applied for? ((xox))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:01 am
Thanks (((((((((lzzie)))))))))). I can sure use all the good vibes I can get :-D

They didn't tell me when I'd hear back from them, but I thought long and hard last night after reading what Jane had to say about the factory work. I'm not one for a desk job, but I may just give it a try to see if I can get use to it.

The call centers here are always screaming for help and they pay much better than any factory jobs. The shifts would only be 8 hours, which would give me pelenty of time every day to exercise when I get home from work. My back would appreciate it and I can spend my breaks on my feet.
I'd only apply at a place that deals with incoming calls, because I hate it so very much when telemarketers call here, I'll never be one. Sales is not my cup of tea at all, especially if I have to disturb people at home.

The pay is pretty good and the benefits are great, so I think I may just give that a shot.

I'm not getting any younger and the labour work is not getting any easier. I think I'm ready to start something new.

Thank you C Jane for giving me some food for thought and all of you for your support :-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:02 am
I have a "problem". Can I give you a call?

What's your per minute rate?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:04 am
I haven't made my rates yet cjhsa, but I'll let you know and even give you a discount ;-)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:41 am
Ya better hurry up. This problem just keeps growing...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:55 am
Laughing I'll do my best.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:49 pm
Montana,
If you are anywhere near Moncton, I have a job for you in a call center.
Its the same company my gf works for, and I can probably talk her into giving you a reference.
Its a company called Sykes, and it is a call center.

You can find their address and phone number here...

http://www.sykes.com/userfiles/File/LOCATIONS%20Latest%20Version.pdf
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 05:44 pm
Wow! Thanks Mystery. I didn't know you were from around here. My son is looking for another job as well and wants to stay with the call centers, except there's one he wants to avoid because his ex girlfriend works there, so I need to check with him first. Don't remember the name of the place, but if that's not the one where she's working, that would be great. Thank you!

We were going to check out ITC in Riverview first because they're very close to my sons place in Moncton, then there's Minics (spelling), where he use to work and they would love to have him back.

Gotta stay connected with my son for a bit until he gets back on his feet. His girlfriend screwed him, so he left his job where he was working with her at Minics and now he no longer has a car to get to work. She went to another call center and I'm not sure if that's the one.

Mom to the rescue, once again Laughing

Thanks again Mystery, I appreciate it very much! :-D
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:24 pm
Montana wrote:
Wow! Thanks Mystery. I didn't know you were from around here. My son is looking for another job as well and wants to stay with the call centers, except there's one he wants to avoid because his ex girlfriend works there, so I need to check with him first. Don't remember the name of the place, but if that's not the one where she's working, that would be great. Thank you!

We were going to check out ITC in Riverview first because they're very close to my sons place in Moncton, then there's Minics (spelling), where he use to work and they would love to have him back.

Gotta stay connected with my son for a bit until he gets back on his feet. His girlfriend screwed him, so he left his job where he was working with her at Minics and now he no longer has a car to get to work. She went to another call center and I'm not sure if that's the one.

Mom to the rescue, once again Laughing

Thanks again Mystery, I appreciate it very much! :-D

I didnt mean to give the impression that I was from your part of the world.
I'm not.
I'm in Kentucky, and my gf works at the Sykes in Morganfield.
She does however travel to some of the other centers to train people.

She was in the Phillipines a little while ago.

However, she has been with Sykes for almost 12 years.
I already asked her and she will give you a reference if you want.

For privacy sake, if you want to continue this discussion, lets do it via PM.
0 Replies