NYPD Finds "Gigantic" Weapons Cache - Arrests Lawful Owner

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:40 am
There nothing about those "if's" the gun was reported stolen, and that gun nut (probed now for gun dealing) got it.
Fullstop.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:41 am
Montana wrote:
Oh cj, why, oh why, do you do this to yourself?

Do what? Listen to Mr. Nugent speak. Learn the truth. Don't be a pacifist victim.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:41 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
There nothing about those "if's" the gun was reported stolen, and that gun nut (probed now for gun dealing) got it.
Fullstop.

So, this is just a continuation of Mr. Bloomberg's private crusade against gun shows?

No **** -now you're starting to get it Walt!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:47 am
cjhsa wrote:
You're missing the point I'm making about the NYPD's scare tactics - "Look how effective we are - this (not very scary) stuff will scare all the pacifists to death!". The USA wasn't built on pacifism, but it runs on it daily now.

cj, you're missing the point, from where I sit! You claimed that this "Lawful" guy was arrested, but he was arrested for having stolen property, at the least!

This dude had gas masks and ****, so what do you suppose he would use those for? I know they're not illegal, but still!

If you want to be taken seriously, maybe you should have posted something about someone who was arrested for actually doing something legal.

By using this as an example, you threw your arguement right in the trash!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:48 am
Quote:
He had been examined by an NYPD psychologist before the arson. It was unclear why he was screened, but the psychologist found that Chuang had "poor stress tolerance, poor judgment, poor impulse control and immaturity."

Okay, give any crinminal and psychiatric as least as many weapons .... ascjhsa got.

He's a good example that it can be handled.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:54 am
Montana wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
You're missing the point I'm making about the NYPD's scare tactics - "Look how effective we are - this (not very scary) stuff will scare all the pacifists to death!". The USA wasn't built on pacifism, but it runs on it daily now.

cj, you're missing the point, from where I sit! You claimed that this "Lawful" guy was arrested, but he was arrested for having stolen property, at the least!

This dude had gas masks and ****, so what do you suppose he would use those for? I know they're not illegal, but still!

If you want to be taken seriously, maybe you should have posted something about someone who was arrested for actually doing something legal.

By using this as an example, you threw your arguement right in the trash!

Not at all. Please read the U.S. contitution, it's amendments, and the bill of rights.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 07:57 am
Also, you have to be aware of Bloombergs private obsession with gun control and his hatred of the NRA and gunshows. He found a bad apple - in order to punish the innocent.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 08:25 am
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results2.jsp?Ne=2510&noImage=0&Ntt=bulk+ammo&Ntk=Products&QueryText=bulk+ammo&Ntx=matchall&N=3715&trueNum=65
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:20 am
cj, your obsession with guns really creeps me out sometimes!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:45 am
Take a shooting class at a range. I think Canada still may have some of those.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:06 am
cjhsa wrote:
He found a bad apple - in order to punish the innocent.

So, in your opinion, he should have let a criminal get away, in order to protect the innocent?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 10:20 am
Innocent until proven guilty..... how quickly you forget.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:52 pm
So, let's review for a moment.

The guy has lots of BIG SCARY KNIVES.

there's no background check or waiting period to buy any knife.

He had a LOT OF AMMO.

So do most people who own guns.

He had only a FEW GUNS.

So how would he effectively use all that ammo with so few guns?

Some of the guns MAY HAVE BEEN STOLEN at some point.

Did he know that they were hot?

He had SCARY GAS MASKS.

Can be purchased at any surplus store

He had police scanners

You can buy police scanners at Radio Shack

So, what is the NYPD's point of showing off this huge "cache" of weapons when A. It's mostly legal if not all, and B. It wasn't really that much stuff.

I say fear mongering, power grabbing, and trying desperately to justify a questionable arrest.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:08 pm
NYPD? This is New York City? Surely, they haven't repealed the Sullivan Act. There are lots of hoops to be jumped through before buying a firearm in the city, with no assurance of sucess. I doubt if a single firearm in the inventory is legal in New York City. There's a few assumptions there, but it just isn't likely.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:50 pm
Cjhsa misses the point that the guy will have his day in court.

Don't be so eager to defend your rights, cjhsa, that you allow criminals a free pass.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 04:01 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Take a shooting class at a range. I think Canada still may have some of those.

I was actually thinking about doing just that one of these days, but I'm talking about an obsession!

I have no problem with people protecting themselves and if they feel they need a gun to do that, they won't hear me complain, but this is an obsession with you cj!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:24 pm
dlowan wrote:
Good on NYPD.

For ROBBING a citizen who pays their salaries,
and for violating the Bill of Rights of the Supreme Law of the Land ?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:27 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
40 large combat knives, four bullet-resistant vests, a loaded AR-15 assault rifle with a scope and 18 extra loaded magazines, a Fabrique Nationale PS-90 5.7-caliber automatic machine gun, a 12-gauge shotgun, a 9-mm Glock pistol, a .50-caliber rifle, a .22-caliber rifle, four air rifles, six Motorola police-style radios, and the 20,000 bullets - well, I suppose, every lawfull American should have such, as minimum.

Especially, when it's against the law.

U see, Walter,
the " law " is a crime against the Constitution,
the Supreme Law of the Land.
David
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:33 pm
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
40 large combat knives, four bullet-resistant vests, a loaded AR-15 assault rifle with a scope and 18 extra loaded magazines, a Fabrique Nationale PS-90 5.7-caliber automatic machine gun, a 12-gauge shotgun, a 9-mm Glock pistol, a .50-caliber rifle, a .22-caliber rifle, four air rifles, six Motorola police-style radios, and the 20,000 bullets - well, I suppose, every lawfull American should have such, as minimum.

Especially, when it's against the law.

U see, Walter,
the " law " is a crime against the Constitution,
the Supreme Law of the Land.
David

You tellinjg me the Gumnuts Union (aka the IRA, I mean NRA) didn't challenge the sensible NY laws, and take 'em right to the Supreme Court?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 09:40 pm
Well, see, that doesn't sound like a member of a well-regulated militia at all.
0 Replies