trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 11:19 pm
@roger,
When I was 5 years old a dog attacked me and my sister saved me. I have no idea why the dog attacked me. What I remember is my sister saving me by beating the dog and I put my hands around my throat. The dog tore my ear and ripped my head open. There was so much blood and my sister carried me home crying because she didn't know if I would live. My dad took me to the hospital.

I have said many things to her and it doesn't matter.
trying2learn

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 03:56 pm
My sister can hardly walk. I don't know what to do at this point. I am not strong enough to carry her. I have asked for help and even though others have said they will help, when I call them they have an excuse why they can't help.

I am sick with some sort of virus and will go see a doc tomorrow. Right now I feel useless because I can't help her. She is such a nice person and later I want to share her family on this site.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 5 May, 2012 05:03 pm
@trying2learn,
Don't you have other sisters too? Why don't they help her? What about your mom?
trying2learn

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 03:50 pm
@CalamityJane,
I have 1 older sister. All I know is she doesn't wan't to help because she says she can't afford to help. I guess to her, life is about money.Yet when I call her, she tells me about going on trips and how much it costs to remodel their house.

My mom geez she hates me. She has told me that so many times and never wanted me. I haven't seen my mom or talked to her in I don't even remember how long.

Wow to be honest is my family has no idea how much money and assets my other 1/2 and I have. When my dad died, they were surprised how much they had. I knew what they had because I did their taxes and my dad asked me how to invest.

It makes me sad to know people are judged by how much money they have.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 May, 2012 06:03 pm
@trying2learn,
(In case u r interested . . . ) I Survived . . . Beyond and Back
will be on Time Warner Cable 's BIOchannel at 1OPM.

David
trying2learn

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 03:53 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you except I already went through all that when I was in icu and told I was going to die.

When my dad died, my whole life changed. I finally came to terms with his death. Then I realized I no longer have a mom. Now my sister is going to die. It hurts and it is suppose to hurt.

I just need to find my own way to deal with it when the time comes.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 7 May, 2012 06:30 pm
@trying2learn,
I was very fortunate. (I don't remember whether I 've posted this
here, on this thread.) 2 weeks before my mother molted off her human body,
I had an out-of-body experience, lasting a good 5 or 1O minutes,
while I was actively in conversation. That incident was a source
of emotional strength 2 weeks thereafter, in that I knew from
personal experience that there was more to life than its outer covering.

I wish u equal or better luck.

David
trying2learn

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 02:30 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I am sorry that you lost your mom. It is nice to read how that you had a good experience.

My sister is not doing well at all. She is so weak and scared. I try to understand, because the thought of death doesn't scare me. It hurts me to know that she is scared. I wish her peace because we all have to die, it is a part of life.
davi

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 02:46 am
@TTH,
Very sorry to hear of your father's passing. My sympathies to you and your family.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 9 May, 2012 11:53 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

I am sorry that you lost your mom.
It is nice to read how that you had a good experience.
Its been about 40 years.

trying2learn wrote:
My sister is not doing well at all. She is so weak and scared.
I try to understand, because the thought of death doesn't scare me.
It hurts me to know that she is scared.
I wish her peace because we all have to die, it is a part of life.
Woud she want u to read to her ?
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 12:16 pm
@davi,
Thank you very much

David
No, She doesn't want me to read to her. I don't know what she really wants because when I go to see her, she has a list of stuff that she expects me to take care of and it doesn't end.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 12 May, 2012 02:00 pm
@trying2learn,
Do u do the stuff on the list ?
trying2learn

Reply Mon 14 May, 2012 11:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
sometimes
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 02:49 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
Why do you think the thumbs up/down are directed towards you? It's merely a tool for people to collapse a thread or post.

Of course this is quite individual, the threads and posts I collapse might
be readable to someone else, but I am glad that they're out of my hair and it has absolutely nothing to do with the member itself.
It is not individual when other people collapse a thread or post. I can't read what they write.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 05:07 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
Why do you think the thumbs up/down are directed towards you? It's merely a tool for people to collapse a thread or post.

Of course this is quite individual, the threads and posts I collapse might
be readable to someone else, but I am glad that they're out of my hair and it has absolutely nothing to do with the member itself.
It is not individual when other people collapse a thread or post. I can't read what they write.
If I understand u correctly,
then I think that u can adjust the settings to avoid that.

I don't have that problem.
Only the threads or the posts that I MYSELF collapse are gone from my vu.

David
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 05:13 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

doesn't happen to me, nothing is collapsed, i see tons of posts (JTT for example) with negative thumbs

go to your preferences and in topic preferences set collapse unpopular threads and posts to no
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 09:22 am
@djjd62,
Same here, I do see JTT's posts, but I don't have her/him on ignore either or collapse his/her posts.

T2l, the posts or threads you collapse for yourself you won't see, all others
you do see!
trying2learn

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 10:49 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:
T2l, the posts or threads you collapse for yourself you won't see, all others you do see!
There are posts and threads that I did not collapse and I can't see them.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 04:04 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

CalamityJane wrote:
T2l, the posts or threads you collapse for yourself you won't see, all others you do see!
There are posts and threads that I did not collapse and I can't see them.
Maybe under "My Preferences" u can set:
Collapse Unpopular Topics: No

Collapse Unpopular Posts: No.

Somewhere else it says something about noise.
It might be best to choose the other alternative, if u can find this.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 20 May, 2012 04:34 am
@trying2learn,
i addressed that in my post

http://able2know.org/topic/102367-15#post-4987535

change you're preferences, i have the settings i mentioned set to "NO", and i see everything, no matter the number of thumbs down