chai2

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 06:43 am
@trying2learn,
but when someone does say they don't like what you (or others) write, you say they are cruel.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 07:33 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:
I think she would be sad and could deal with it because of my past medical problems.
My oldest sister told me no offense, but it should be you, not her.
I didn't take offense, I agreed.
I recommend that u and your sister both program your respective subconscious minds
for better health. Repeatedly tell each of your subconscious minds
that u will have good health, and to reject any problem that either of u has.

The subconscious mind can be, and has been, very powerful.

David
trying2learn

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 07:36 pm
@chai2,
I don't have a problem with people who don't agree with me on topics. What I do have a problem with is when members on this site gang up on someone and treat them like they are an idiot. It is almost like, lack of a better word, a gang mentality.

Discussions are good and different opinions are nice to hear.

btw when I felt I was cruel to someone and I was wrong, I have apologized. I will not apologize to those that I felt were being cruel just to satisfy their own objective.
trying2learn

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 07:38 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
The subconscious mind can be, and has been, very powerful.David
I agree except I already know how far advanced her illness is and the stats.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2012 10:15 pm
@trying2learn,

OmSigDAVID wrote:
The subconscious mind can be, and has been, very powerful.David
trying2learn wrote:
I agree except I already know how far advanced her illness is and the stats.
That was done BY the subconscious mind.
The conscious mind can govern the process,
moving the subconscious to put on the brakes
and to put it into reverse gear.

I recommend multiple suggestions to it.
Remember that the subconscious has no sense of time,
but it accepts orders the same as typing on a typewriter.

David
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 11:33 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:

I don't have a problem with people who don't agree with me on topics. What I do have a problem with is when members on this site gang up on someone and treat them like they are an idiot. It is almost like, lack of a better word, a gang mentality.

I treat someone like an idiot if they're acting like one, not because others are.
trying2learn

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
@chai2,
What exactly does an idiot act like. Maybe the person had a bad day. I know I have written stuff and thought to myself, how stupid am I or what an idiot = me.

I think in the end, no one will care or even remember and that is okay.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:18 pm
@trying2learn,
Why do you think the thumbs up/down are directed towards you?
It's merely a tool for people to collapse a thread or post. The intend to implement these features, wasn't to hurt anyone, at least that's how I see it.

Look, when I follow a discussion and there is constantly someone bickering in between, I just collapse their post and I don't have to read it over and over again when I enter the thread. It's really just a tool to help you follow a thread more smoothly without having to read people who have nothing to add to the topic per se.

Of course this is quite individual, the threads and posts I collapse might
be readable to someone else, but I am glad that they're out of my hair and it has absolutely nothing to do with the member itself.

I even collapsed some threads that were started by Tryagain, whom I adore as a member, but I don't want to constantly see a game thread I don't participate in.
trying2learn

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 12:11 am
@CalamityJane,
I do think the downs thumbs do hurt people.

You wrote "It's really just a tool to help you follow a thread more smoothly without having to read people who have nothing to add to the topic per se." and to me that means that person's opinion doesn't matter and it can be hurtful.

Tryagain? omg he/she cracks me up!

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 12:18 am
To be honest when you wrote "Why do you think the thumbs up/down are directed towards you?", I didn't think that. It is what I see when I read what others write.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 02:35 am
I have never shared what my sister looks like and now I want to. So many people think we look alike. These pics were taken 17 years ago.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4859/sister4.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4058/sister2.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8780/sisteruw.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6302/sister1m.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 09:18 am
Your sister is beautiful and way to young to be dealing with an terminal illness.
I am so sorry that your family has to deal with this.

----
As for the thumbs up/down - I rarely pay attention to these things anyway,
but people see what they want to see, I guess.
JPB

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2012 09:29 am
@trying2learn,
I can see the resemblance. It's hard to fathom you losing another loved one to cancer. Keep talking here if it helps in any way. Hopefully, you'll be allowed to do so in peace.
trying2learn

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:52 am
@JPB,
I apologize because I didn't write that 2 of the pics are her and the other 2 are me. She is so scared and so am I.
trying2learn

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2012 12:56 am
@CalamityJane,
Thank you.

btw I am learning to see
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Thu 3 May, 2012 06:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thank you for your kind words and to others who have posted or pm'd me regarding my dad and now my sister.

I wouldn't let anyone take a pic of her and me together for years because we had the same hair style and we were the same height and weight. People compared us and that made me uncomfortable. Cancer has taken her hair, weight, hope and dreams away.

Long day at the cancer center......
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:00 am
@trying2learn,
trying2learn wrote:
I apologize because I didn't write that 2 of the pics are her and the other 2 are me.

She is so scared and so am I.
Fear is a bad thing.
I urge u to got to a bookstore, New Age section
and find Life After Life by Raymond Moody, Jr. M.D. (a fine man and an ez writer).

It is quick, e z reading and very optimistic, raising morale.
It is very important that a person 's last Earthly thoughts be HAPPY & CHEERFUL!

David
trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 12:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Thank you for your suggestion.

I am scared for her, not me. We are so opposite, yet alike. She hates reading and researching, I love it. It doesn't matter what I say to her, she won't listen.

I agree that a person's last moments on Earth be happy and also with no regrets. We all have to die and come to terms with that thought.

There is no way to convince her to be happy because I have tried.

I will write more later because I have the flu and feel miserable which means I am going back to bed to sleep.

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:50 pm

I don't want her to die. She asks me what she did wrong and why her. I don't have the answer. Tonight I told her about this site for the first time and that I write about dad and her. She wanted to tell the owners thank you.
roger

Reply Fri 4 May, 2012 10:54 pm
@trying2learn,
I don't know why bad things happen to good people either. If you ever think of something to say to her, please let me know.