TTH

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 06:08 pm
Dad I am back home finally. I met some really nice people and saved a hawk.
JustBrooke

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 07:05 pm
@TTH,
((((( TTH ))))) Your Daddy hears ya.
TTH

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2010 12:00 am
@JustBrooke,
Hey JustBrooke nice to see you Smile

Yep I am still here talking to my dad. I took a picture of the hawk that the ship tried to take out to sea. Picked up the phone and called the reception desk and asked them not to take this stow away out to sea because I didn't know how far it could fly. I told them it was on the starboard side, under the bridge and hiding from the camera. The woman started laughing and told me she would let the bridge officers know.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7353/birdl.jpg
TTH

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 08:48 am
I took this picture leaving Seattle and the turn made me scared. Mercer Island is what I was looking at.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4812/img4320i.jpg
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 05:33 pm
@TTH,
Dad,
I really miss you and all the stories, true, that go along with them!!!
This site makes me laugh almost as much as FB!!! Umm, they laugh at me laughing at them and I laugh at them laughing at me......what more could you ask for Drunk Drunk Laughing Laughing
roger

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2010 07:38 pm
@TTH,
Good picture, but I bet that hawk knows what it is doing.
TTH

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 12:17 am
@roger,
The hawk knows what he is doing, problem is I have no idea most of the time what I am doing lol

Edit:.....or someone else for that matter
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 27 Apr, 2010 10:31 pm
@TTH,
Strange I felt something was wrong on that day, just didn't know what. Now I know, it was my dad's Birthday. Sorry dad, late as usual!
roger

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2010 12:44 am
@TTH,
Smile
trying2learn

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:06 am
@roger,
Smile
Miss you dad.......

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 06:38 am
This must be a tough day for you. How you holding up?
trying2learn

Reply Mon 31 May, 2010 12:30 pm
@jespah,
Thanks jespah Smile
I am doing okay. Still can't bring myself to go to the cemetery though. Time helps, like it always does, in accepting that he is gone. I will forever miss him. I couldn't have asked for a better dad.

People think because I am the youngest of the 5 that I was spoiled by my parents. My parents didn't spoil me at all. I had to get a job if I wanted to buy things. My parents were strict but fair. My sister is still having a real hard time accepting his death. She was his favorite and I wish there was something I could do to help her not hurt so much.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:03 pm
@TTH,
I love reading this thread. You seemed to have the most wonderful relationship with your father. How blessed you and he both were for that. Kudos on saving that hawk!
trying2learn

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 01:53 am
@Arella Mae,
Thank you Arella Mae

Father's Day was especially hard for me. I didn't want to do anything, talk to anyone or even go anywhere so.....I didn't Smile
My husband was nice enough to explain to his dad why I didn't go over there and spend the day with his family.

0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 09:38 pm

Thank You Dad Smile
Dutchy

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 12:13 am
@trying2learn,
That was nice t2l.
trying2learn

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 10:09 am
@Dutchy,
Thank you Dutchy
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 11:43 am
@trying2learn,
How are you getting along hon? I know it must still be very difficult for you. You and your dad seemed to have such a wonderful relationship. I pray things are becoming easier for you.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 11:48 am
@trying2learn,
Oh that video does make me cry. It is so beautiful and so sad at the same time. I don't think as many people feel about America like that song says as they used to. I love our country. We aren't perfect but we are free. Thank you to every soldier that ever fought for us!
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 08:38 am
@Arella Mae,
I am doing okay and have accepted my dad's death. He lived a good long life and he was able to see his grandkids and great grandkids.
Thank you for asking Smile

Right now though my sister is going through a really hard time. She has had 3 separate aggressive life threatening cancers in less than 11 months.

Two of them have already been dealt with surgically and she is cancer free in those organs. Now she has a 3rd cancer and has to have surgery soon.
I am glad my dad is not here to see or know what she is going through because she was his favorite, which never bothered me btw. She is still having a hard time dealing with my dad's death. I have talked to her about it and I think gradually she will come to terms with all of it.

I did find a veterans memorial museum in the state I live in where their goal is to honor and never forget our veterans. Since my dad gave me his WWII helmet and my mom still has all his medals and the sword he brought back from a Japanese soldier, I am going to look into donating or loaning them those items. She also has an article that was in the newspaper back during the war that talked about the battle my dad fought in and was shot.

My mom's intention is to give my brother the medals and sword so I spoke to my brother about this museum because I knew if he agreed with my idea, he could talk to my mom and get her to agree to have my dad's items in the museum. He liked the idea and I am going to provide him info. on this museum and I will talk to the people at the museum. I know my dad would like that his items from the war be in a museum for others to see and learn.