The Trolls Don't Deserve to Be Read and Replied To

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 12:01 pm
At one time I might have peeked at what some of them write, at least once in a while. But they are attention whores. They feed off of our irritation with them. This forum was designed so that we don't have to let them spoil our day, unless we are too weak of will to pull the plug. So they can spam away. If nobody reads or responds, they may derive a bit of pleasure from trolling threads, but our pleasure not knowing them is so much greater. I don't know about you, but I don't come here to get in the mud with them. Eff them and I mean that sincerely.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 24 • Views: 9,520 • Replies: 169

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 12:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
What is the point of this thread, Edgar? It seems to me that you can to a better job ignoring the people you consider to be trolls... by not starting an entire thread about them.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
so am I supposed to intuit ed's thoughts?

He makes absolute sense. Something that needs communication to work.
1. The really big area of giving trolls some feed , is when someone else keeps responding to them and others see the "quote bars" and attribution.
2. Another way is that several of us say they are ignoring a troll, but yet "peek" at the ignore prompt. and see what the troll says. Then they do what I stated in 1.

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgarblythe, do you consider me a troll? I ignore most peoples posts and answer the person who asks the question. So please let me know what you think.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:24 pm
Two assholes are spamming a thread of mine just to be assholes. They know by the past history of a2k that somebody will come along and validate their effort. I am merely asking people to avoid obvious trolling such as that. Up until now, they have been as good as gold on that one thread, however.
GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
which topic. You have peaked my interest in something a Troll finds worthy of defilement. Such topics are clearly the most valuable information on the web. Trolls flock like seagulls on half a donut in the trash.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Two assholes are spamming a thread of mine just to be assholes.

Why not ignore them, Edgar? Starting a thread to tell people how irritated you are seems to be counterproductive. You can't control other people's behavior. You can't control the trolls, nor than you control the people who respond to the trolls.

If they don't deserve to be read and replied to, they probably don't deserve you starting an entire thread dedicated to them. This thread doesn't make any sense.

And don't forget that words like "troll" and "asshole" are somewhat subjective...

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:39 pm
http://www.mattcutts.com/images/duty_calls.png
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
I think you're being a bit harsh on Farmerman.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:41 pm
This is a plea to posters to stop feeding trolls, whether on my threads or elsewhere.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:42 pm
@maxdancona,
A troll is a troll when They are wrong, and despite the fact they know they are ignorant argue anyways. Or people who pretend they are ignorant when they are not, so that they can ignore evidence and ramble on regardless of the content of the discussion.

they rune articles of discussion by spreading eh discussion over 18 pages of nonsense.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:49 pm
Anyone who disagrees with you, Edgar...you consider a troll. You have inferred that I am a troll on many occasions...and I suspect I am one of the people you referred to in your first response post in this thread.

You do not like people disagreeing with you...no matter how decently and respectfully they do the disagreeing. And you immediately go into your "he is a troll...do not feed the trolls" nonsense.

Grow up a bit...become a bit more tolerant.

And don't suppose that because someone disagrees with you...they are trolling. They may simply be disagreeing.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 01:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That was a very Pavlovian response Frank.
0 Replies

GorDie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I suspect you do not know what you are talking about. Maybe it is the MANNER IN WHICH people disagree with him? logical?

The fact that you made personal attacks here, while Edgar was being general, indicates you are arrogant Frank. You make specific personal reference. Edgar never mentioned the Topic he is making reference to.

Arrogantly ignoring the content of Discussion is trolling.

You did that here already. So, Smarten up; Back off.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:28 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
http://www.mattcutts.com/images/duty_calls.png
Outstanding!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:37 pm
@GorDie,
GorDie wrote:
. . . they rune articles of discussion by spreading eh discussion over 18 pages of nonsense.
I suggest we prune all runes from the rolls of the trolls.

Meanwhile, it may be helpful to consider these words of an esteemed poster with whom I have often disagreed.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 02:43 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I think you're being a bit harsh on Farmerman.

Razz
roger

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 03:12 pm
I don't know about trolls, but I've been on this thread long enough.
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 04:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
Got Milk?

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/images-mccormick/original_nestle_toll_house_chocolate_chip.jpg

McCormick's troll house cookies.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 05:00 pm
Here . . . i thought i'd rune this thread . . .

http://www.viking.no/images/runer.gif
0 Replies