@Ragman,
Idunno. Dyou?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:31 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Frank, I don't know why it's important to you that I spend my time researching every argument you have gotten into on the forum. I may check later, but right now I simply don't have the heart to wade thru any more bile laced conversations.

But I do appreciate you acknowledging that it's ok for me to express my opinion. I'll probably check you 'evidence' later, but I've had enough of this

Actually Frank, I thought I deleted that comment and replaced it with what is now showing on the thread. I reconsidered those remarks and decided to approach differently. But in all truthfulness, that first comment sprung to mind after reading your remarks. I'm a tiny bit sorry that was released, instead of the one I thought I replaced it with, but "bile-filled" is a little over the top. I'm sure that's exactly how you saw it, but occasionally I just get fed up coddling folks. Sorry you were offended. And really sorry you think that was worse than anything you have ever said.

But do you see how easily this can go from normal conversation to a death match? If folks have unlimited time for that God-bless (no offense intended for the agnostics and atheists) I don't, and yes I've gotten into it before with some posters, but it takes more energy than I can afford to waste.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:32 pm
@Ragman,

Ragman wrote:

Why can't unaccompanied atheists travel to Idonknow?

I don't know! Why?
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:35 pm
@glitterbag,
Because they can't keep the faith, baby!

(Notice that at no time did I refer to anyone's body parts)
glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:41 pm
@Ragman,
That's what makes you special Ragman! I'd throw a kiss but I don't know which symbol to use. Wink
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:45 pm
@glitterbag,
this one:
Drunk
glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:55 pm
@Ragman,
ok thats easy to remember.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:55 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitterbag...

...Edgar has indicated he considers me a troll in the thread to which I linked you. You've decided you do not want to read it.

I don't know what you want me to do.

Ask him who the two people are that he indicated were the provocation for this thread. (You can read that on page 1 of this thread.)

I have tried to be reasonable, courteous, and respectful in my responses to Edgar. Read the responses and tell me if you think they are reasonable, courteous, and respectful...or if you think they are the work of a "troll."

Or don't.

I don't know what more I can say.

Also...I DID NOT CALL ANYONE a liar...as you suggested in your other post. I did not!

I have made a promise that I was going to be as reasonable and respectful to others as possible. I think (with the single exception I mentioned earlier) kept that promise...and I do not want to be lectured on decorum...because mine has been fine.
Ragman

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 05:05 pm
@glitterbag,
Rolling Eyes
Mr. Green
Twisted Evil
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 05:21 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, there isn't anything really to talk about. If you are offended. I have to respect you feel that way. If you say Edgar called you a troll, thats good enough for me. I will also accept your statement that you have never called anyone a liar.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:02 pm
Personally, I reckon that I don't fare very well in A2K ....erm..... let's call them heated debates, is because I can never ever work out how to split every little detail of a post down into seemingly dozens of tiny bites so that I can respond to them all separately.

By the time I've done all that, the subject has usually moved on from something like "what gender is God", and is now discussing "how big a rear orifice is so and so".

I then press send and watch my post materialize all wrong. Suddenly I am quoting myself and then arguing against it, whilst including many and varied weird shaped brackets and slanty lines in my text.

I then receive half a dozen WTF? in reply, and skulk off to the humour threads until the embarrassing post has withered on the vine.

Oh, that and the fact that having serious argument is about the total opposite reason as to why I log in to A2K in the first place.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:23 pm
@Lordyaswas,
A lot of us are happy when you show up. Everytime I see your name I can't but help think of an Englishman strolling down the beach with a large potato trying to decide what side of the speedo to hide it.

I retreat to the games and humour threads when it gets obnoxious. I wish I realized earlier how easy it would be to quiet a pest by just agreeing with them. Im not sure why this forum gets so pugnacious, but hell our sporting events have become so hostile venders can only sell beer in plastic bottles or cups.

Oh, and in American English we call them pissy parties or hissy fits, not heated debate.
FBM

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:55 pm
Anybody who persistently posts in a manner that makes me feel less like participating either in any thread that they're in or generally here at A2K goes on Ignore. That can happen for a few reasons, not only being an obvious troll.

Edit: Lordy, you're one of the brightest of the bright spots here, as far as I'm concerned.
Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 09:02 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
That can happen for a few reasons
Like disagreeing with you . Most of those who have me on ignore wanted me to worship their opinion . They started off explaining, then when I disagree they insert some snide or bullying remark, then I come back at them and its all "Heavens, why are you so rude ? Why didn't you leave me insulting you ? Why did you have to strike back ? " Yeah, poor little diddims..they only want their opinion, nothing shocking like facts that can be interpreted differently .

And you know something ? Life is easier without them . Bragging about ignoring someone is the stupidest thing a left whinger can do, but they dont get that . Geniuses !

Slow Eddie who started this, is one of the most delicate useless men I have encountered . Maybe he should be in bubble wrap .
glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 09:54 pm
bump
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:48 pm
@glitterbag,
You'll be pleased to know that I am experimenting with sweet potato for the 2015 season, which should start around the middle of August.

The outline is more alluring, so I'm led to believe.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:52 pm
@Lordyaswas,
choose carefully, our sweet potatoes have an irregular shape and some come to a tiny unflattering sharp point. Choose wisely, my friend.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 12:33 am
@neologist,
Futball was being played in St. Louis before Seattle was a city.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 12:39 am
@glitterbag,
I think you may be thinking of me Glitter. There is a couple of trolls on this site that I have called liers. and I am sorry but I dont feel the least bit guilty about doing so.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 03:17 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
That can happen for a few reasons
Like disagreeing with you .

Bingo, Ionus.

That is mostly the reason!

All the rest of the rationalization he offered is nothing but...umm...

...rationalization.
0 Replies