The Trolls Don't Deserve to Be Read and Replied To

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 06:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're not being limited just because someone doesn't want to discuss the matter. It's called basic respect for others. In this matter you are being a boor, introducing something only you want to talk about. Not only that you never develop your argument, just repeat the same hackneyed mantra over and over again.

I want to talk about football, proper football mind you, not the fancy dress stuff you lot seem to like. Nobody really wants to talk about important things though, so I don't press the issue.

Then again.

jespah

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 08:21 am
This site has over 300,000 registered users on it. There is a lot of activity, and most people cannot by definition read it all. They can only read a portion, as life intervenes. Even the unemployed and retired speed readers among us are being hit with a tsunami of posts on a daily basis.

So let's throw out a number. Not based on science or observation. Just, a for instance. Let's say you can only read 40% of what's posted. Whether that is your schedule, or your level of reading comprehension, the speed at which you read, the distractions around you, or whatever, that is your number.

You can, if you like, just read the first 40 of the first 100 posts you see (or whatever the multiplier is) and call it a day. You will get a cross-section of the site. You'll also see spam (please report it), word games, requests for advice to the lovelorn, people who need help with English or Facebook, requests for Latin translations, etc. These are some of the bigger portions of A2K, and a lot of the regulars miss them. Some or maybe all of that (hopefully not the spam) may be of interest to you. And if it is, then a basic cross-section will be lovely for you. But as you scroll past the Latin translations and vote them down, or bypass the angsty teens, you are curating the site for your own pleasure, your own tastes, your own purposes, and your own available time.

As is everyone else.

This kind of curation can also be achieved by hitting Ignore, and by voting things down that you do not want to see.

Bottom line - you can only see 40% (or whatever the true figure is) of A2K.

It is up to you to decide what that 40% consists of.

The members of A2K get the site that they make, and the site that they want. You have the freedom to choose your 40%.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's called basic respect for others.

I regularly show more respect for a greater number of people in A2K than you do, Izzy...or Glitterbag. For you, Glitterbag, or Edgar to be giving me lectures on being reasonable and respectful is a joke.

I am more likely to be civil...and respectful even to people with whom I disagree considerably.

I was civil, reasonable, and respectful to Edgar in that thread. He was scornful of me because I disagree with him on an issue that is important to me...and apparently to him.

The theists posts their posts...and the atheists post their posts. Time after time after time. And they do not get this "hackneyed mantra" nonsense thrown their way.

Instead of accepting and discussing the respectful, reasonable, civil disagreement I had with Edgar...he decided to label me a troll...and to invite the entire community to shun me.

Hey...that is his right...as it is your right to see thing the way you are seeing them.

I will continue to post as I have been...and anyone who truly thinks me to be a troll or an annoyance or a boor...can simply disregard what I write.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 12:00 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're not being limited just because someone doesn't want to discuss the matter. It's called basic respect for others. In this matter you are being a boor, introducing something only you want to talk about. Not only that you never develop your argument, just repeat the same hackneyed mantra over and over again.

The crux of it is this: In the beginning on my thread, Apisa acknowledged your points and was very polite. Later, after he became annoyed with me, he decided to troll me. Simple as that.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 01:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

The crux of it is this: In the beginning on my thread, Apisa acknowledged your points and was very polite. Later, after he became annoyed with me, he decided to troll me. Simple as that.

I was never a troll...in that thread or any other thread, Edgar.

You do not like anyone disagreeing with you.

Essentially our discussion resolved into you asserting "there is no god"...and me asserting "you may be right, you may be wrong."

I was reasonable, civil, respectful and courteous throughout that thread.

I did not troll you...I disagreed with you.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 03:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's not a contest Frank. I know I can be a right nasty bastard when I want to be, but I'm not a right nasty repetitive bastard. I know when I'm flogging a dead horse. Actually I don't think that phrase is adequate to describe your situation. Your horse's bones were picked clean by the vultures many years ago.

As for me, I'm always trying to expand my bastardry into new areas.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2015 04:31 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's not a contest Frank. I know I can be a right nasty bastard when I want to be, but I'm not a right nasty repetitive bastard. I know when I'm flogging a dead horse. Actually I don't think that phrase is adequate to describe your situation. Your horse's bones were picked clean by the vultures many years ago.

The "beating a dead horse" shtick...is code for, "I can't stand the heat."

Instead of writing comments like that, Izzy, you ought to stay out of the kitchen.

Some of the people you are defending ought to do the same.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 01:27 am
@Frank Apisa,
Don't make **** up. There's no heat being generated, you're just repeating a mantra. It's very very dull, tedious and irritating.

You really live in a fantasy world don't you Frank? Is reality that bad?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:49 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Don't make **** up. There's no heat being generated, you're just repeating a mantra. It's very very dull, tedious and irritating.

I do make **** up. There is heat being generated...and the many of the atheists in this forum seem unable to handle it with any kind of civility.

I am NOT just repeating a mantra.

And if you find what I am saying to be very dull, tedious, and irritating...why not just ignore what I am saying, rather than dwell on it as much as you do?

Quote:

You really live in a fantasy world don't you Frank? Is reality that bad?

I do not live in a fantasy world, Izzy. You just seem intent on insulting me for some reason. I hope you finally get over what is bothering you.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
You make **** up to fit in with your narrative all the time. If there's any heat being generated it's not because you've stupefied your opponent it's because you're so mind numbingly repetitive. Like when one finally loses patience with the screaming baby in the table over and tells the mother to shut it up or leave.

The only difference here is that there's no adult we can talk to.

What's also very irritating is that no matter how things are worded you just don't get it. It's like trying to explain a very simple concept to a very dim pupil for the umpteenth time this week.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:37 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You make **** up to fit in with your narrative all the time. If there's any heat being generated it's not because you've stupefied your opponent it's because you're so mind numbingly repetitive. Like when one finally loses patience with the screaming baby in the table over and tells the mother to shut it up or leave.

I do not "make **** up", Izzy. You are doing that here.

I am not being repetitive...I am simply arguing my points.

You are being repetitive with his particular argument...but you see nothing wrong with it...perhaps because it is you doing it.

Quote:
The only difference here is that there's no adult we can talk to.

There is no need for that kind of thing, Izzy. I am an adult...a reasonable, civil, respectful adult.

You apparently do not like what I have to say...and rather than attempt to discuss it reasonably on your part...you go into this tirades.

Get yourself under control...and actually discuss what I am saying that you disagree with.

Name the single thing you most seriously disagree with (quote me saying it) and lets discuss it.

Or continue to fly into these rages...as you see fit.

Quote:

What's also very irritating is that no matter how things are worded you just don't get it. It's like trying to explain a very simple concept to a very dim pupil for the umpteenth time this week.

Other than the insults you are throwing my way...what "simply concept" have you "explained" to me that you think I did not get?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
...what "simply concept" have you "explained" to me that you think I did not get?

That says it all. You can't even get the words right.

That's what we're all up against.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 03:46 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
...what "simply concept" have you "explained" to me that you think I did not get?

That says it all. You can't even get the words right.

That's what we're all up against.

I will continue to read your words and continue to reply to them...despite the admonition in the title of this thread...and your attempts to head in that direction, Izzy.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 07:52 am
@Frank Apisa,
http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/22.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 11:07 am
@izzythepush,
What is this mantra that has you so frightened, Izzy?
Foofie

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 11:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
If one doesn't read the trolls' posts, and reply to them, history might show that the "supposed trolls" show up one day on the frontier in a human wave to everyone's surprise.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 11:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
Perhaps you need it in song.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 11:55 am
@izzythepush,
Noice ! Now I am not bored any more ! Wink
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 12:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
And your versatility is an inspiration to us all. Laughing
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 01:20 pm
@Foofie,
Indeed, Foofie.

Great point!