The Trolls Don't Deserve to Be Read and Replied To

glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 07:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I can't speak for FM, but I think he's suggesting ignoring posters who raise your blood pressure, not having a popularity contest to vote people out.

Voting people out would not be feasible since some individuals have multiple accounts. At least that's what I think, by the very nature of the posts most everyone figures out when it's the same person. Regardless of how clever they think they are.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 07:58 pm
So, how much of "troll-dar" results in legitimating cyber-bullying, whether intentionally or unintentionally? Even kings had court jesters for a reason.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 08:05 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Even kings had court jesters for a reason.

more importantly kings understood the value of court jesters
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Evidently those of us who push back against this clique are labeled as trolls.
That's exactly right and if eddie disagrees he is clearly a troll .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It's just that we have a knack for spotting bullshit.
I have no doubt you are all legends in your own minds .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Now maybe you only want to communicate with people who calm your nerves, but that is going to make you dumb in most cases.
The evidence for that is ample .
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 09:12 pm
@Vernon of Prague,
Quote:
This forum is the least trolled forum I have ever seen. It's simply because annoying you, older ladies and gentlemen is so easy nobody sees a challenge in it
ROFL...if you is not hamster, you not nothing !
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 01:56 am
@maxdancona,
Ah, poor bay-bee . . . what a pathetic whiner you are. It's really hilarious to see you allege that, for example, Beth and I agree and think alike, or that Izzy and I agree and think alike. I think all you've done is make a list of the people who really piss you off.

What a pathetic mutt . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:01 am
@edgarblythe,
It is worth pointing out that this is not a public venue. Nonetheless, the management tolerates a pretty liberal range of expression . . . even pathetic whiners like Max.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:34 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
It is worth pointing out that this is not a public venue.
And that can't be said often enough, it seems.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:36 am
Really . . . oops! . . . i'd better not agree with you, Max will get paranoid.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 02:39 am
@Setanta,
Fortunately, I'm not a member of your clique!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:26 am
Edgar major interest here is not actually talking about trolls.

What Edgar actually wants...is to be able to say "There are no gods" without anyone calling attention to the fact that asserting "There are no gods"...is as unreasonable as asserting, "There is a GOD."

That is Edgar's major complaint.

Edgar wants to mock and ridicule people who make unwarranted, gratuitous assumptions that a god exists...but cannot tolerate it when someone calls attention to the fact that his assertion "There are no gods" is every bit as unwarranted and self-serving.

Actually kinda fun to watch...a great way for a person like Edgar to acknowledge that he realizes his assertion has been deflated...without actually having to say "uncle."

So when people call that stuff to his attention (usually when he is mocking theists)...he calls them trolls...and tries to get others to shun them.

It is a sure sign that the rejoiners have hit home to Edgar...and to the other atheists. Ya gotta get a laugh out of that...and I do.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif
Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:38 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank's a troll !! Burn him ! Look, he has a funny nose !
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 03:59 am
@Ionus,
Nancy calls it a "Roman nose." "Roamin' all over your face," is the way she puts it!

She does most of the driving these days...and when making a turn, she invariably says, "Could ya move yer nose, I can't see."

She's a card, that Nancy.
Ionus

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 04:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
She's a card, that Nancy.
Ahhmmm...Frank ? She's not joking... Embarrassed sorry...

But back to importance business....nominating Trolls...I nominate Slow Eddie .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:27 am
I don't suggest banning people just because they disagree with me. max rarely seems to agree with me, but I still see his words.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:56 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't suggest banning people just because they disagree with me. max rarely seems to agree with me, but I still see his words.

You suggest shunning people for disagreeing with you, Edgar. You have done that for a long time...most of the time I've known you here.

I have spoken to you respectfully and reasonably...with careful considerations of the matters on which we are in contention. But you dismiss me out-of-hand. You resent my position regarding your atheism, because my position makes sense...not because it does not make sense...or is the raving of a troll.

Insofar are you assert there are no gods...you are acting exactly like a theist asserting the existence of a god. Any time you contend that atheism in general...and your atheism in particular...is the result of logic, reason, and science...you are asserting something that simply is not true.

And the reason you consider me to be a troll...is because you recognize I am correct on those things...and you just do not want to acknowledge that I am.

No problem.

Any time a theist or atheist asserts something I see as unsustainable...I will mention it. If people like you want to then call me a troll...rather than deal with what I am saying...

...fine with me. If you want to be childish and organize a shunning of me for it...fine also.

I acknowledge there ARE times when it frosts my butt and makes me wonder about the common sense of the person doing it...but most times, I find it hilarious.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:10 am
People who are trolling know exactly what they are doing. They want to inflict a bit of pain on somebody. The ones that are obsessed with a particular topic, such as JTT had been, do not want the flow to pass beyond their one sticking point, however irrelevant or already worked to death. To do so is to invite spiteful retribution. I prefer to let them troll away to their heart's content to ever dialog with them again.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 11:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
The thing is Frank, you don't argue, you don't debate, you just repeat the same mantra over and over again.

Any attempt at conversation, no matter how polite, will get nowhere. You've said it umpteen times before. If you don't want people to consider you a troll change the record, there be something other than agnosticism, golf and Snowden's "fair trial" that you're interested in.

How about congratulating your ladies on winning the World Cup? Something that made the rest of the world sit up and take notice but has yet to warrant a thread on A2K.

This goal alone is worth a place in the history books.
https://33.media.tumblr.com/d742945df8f543ca2f6602c3bddb8a2d/tumblr_inline_nr1hmebgmO1rcxj8w_500.gif