family vs finances

ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 04:47 pm
I do envy those who can quip easily, and sans rancor, in times of familial stress. My quips at such times are blackly sardonic and would only add fuel.

Well, we all speak from some of our own experiences. I've seen Thanksgiving Days, note caps, disintegrate to a fairtheewell. Not the time for such business - but not that such business shouldn't proceed for the appropriate people in whatever manner over whatever time they can talk to each other.

Or do most of you think of TG as family group therapy day at the farm?

I come from a family of superior grudge holders. To get them in one spot was sorta tear making for us cousins one year back there.

(I'll add that no one who knows me in real life thinks I don't say what I think - I just choose my times, re privacy, the right person to direct it to, etc. Usually.....)

Those same cousins and I were apart this year, but are having seriouso email talks as we speak. So I'm not for stuff festering, though time does make its own alterations. I just don't like festering, am impatient with it. But as much as I don't like festering, I am sooo not amused by personal theatrics on a day I may have driven hours back and forth to. Y'know, make a date to talk.

I know, I know, all the world's a stage.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:02 pm
The stage is not for me.

I am playing games with my sister in the hopes that a little bit of sibling goo-fun can cut the tension - it seems to be helping.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:07 pm
Every game has it's own rules, Lil'K, only you know the rules for your's... Very Happy

Best wishes,

RH
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:12 pm
Well, rockhead, I feel better now. Sometimes a good competitive round of rummikub with silly youngsters in the wings is what it takes to unwind a too-tight spool. I'm sure the tension will build back up again, but maybe with these interludes it'll build in smaller steps.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:15 pm
Good for you....only one more day.... :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:22 pm
Ha! They were supposed to leave this a.m. and I was supposed to have more than 24 hours to work. Change of plans...... I still did my work. It's actually worked out well.

How's your t-day weekend going, Rockhead?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:29 pm
I'm relaxing with the fat cat, watching KU lose(no more signs of the apocolypse), and letting my Nephew's state football championship sink in without having to sort drunks at the bar. So very good, thanks. Laughing

Jes printed Alice's Restaurant for me, and then Chai did the motorcycle song....

All in all, a wonderful holiday, and Gramma has leftovers for a week.

Even the rabbit is back to bein' nice. :wink:

A wonderful Turkey Experience.

Enjoy the rest of yours, Lil'K, and then back to the kids... Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:32 pm
Ugh, the kids!

Glad you had a good turkey day!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 10:34 pm
Go round again if you want Rockhead.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI&feature=related
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 24 Nov, 2007 11:06 pm
Thanks, dadpad, that completes my weekend.

See Chai, I told you that the Motorcycle song was just silly....

Seriously, after 40 years, he still kinda makes the Alice thing work. Anyone who has not heard the original Alice should attempt to do so.

It is one of my favorite old vinyls... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:28 pm
Grrrr....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:30 pm
What now?
littlek

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:36 pm
@CalamityJane,
At Christmas my sis asked if I'd work over February vacation. I agreed to a couple of days, but told her she never paid me for the second week I worked for her last September (around 100 bucks). She heard me but never made any move to compensate. This week is vaca. I spent some time on the cape wth my parents, but returned home early to sit with the kids. My mother admonished me to drop the **** with my sis and to 'let it go, it's only hurting you.' Ok. Fresh start. At the end of the second day I worked for her she told me that she'd have to pay me in two weeks as she didn't really have the money now.

That's the basics. There's more petty ****, but that's what matters.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:48 pm
@littlek,
Repeat after me:
"I'm sorry, I'm busy those days. You need to find someone else to take care of the kids."
Again...

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:54 pm
Oy, I hate to tell you this, littlek, but your sister is a free loader - one of the
worst kind. If I think of all those years she took advantage of you, and now
has the unmitigated gall to take advantage of your good natured personality
again, she is quite despicable the way she treats you.

Your mother is way off line too, suggesting that you should give it a rest
while your sister chipped you even out of the little money she paid you in the first place.

For your own sanity, I would not let it rest until she pays you! Who needs
enemies with a sister like this. Isn't she ashamed at all?
littlek

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:57 pm
I was thinking along the lines that Greenwitch was saying. Nope, sorry, not going to work for you. And then hang with the kids when I can - their my sucker point - the kids.
Green Witch

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 08:59 pm
@littlek,
Hang out with kids on your terms and on your time, not at your sister's beck and call.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
All of that, and you're probably due a vacation after this past half year, anyway. Anybody that would chistle wages out of the family would steal pennies of a dead man's eyes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:12 pm
Wellll, I wouldn't go that far.
roger

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 09:18 pm
@littlek,
Wellll. . . .
0 Replies