Sad things make me return

Swimpy

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 05:31 pm
I can't add anything to what's already been said. Except to say stay busy, Seed. Cry when you need to. Divorce is like a death. Give yourself permission to grieve.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 05:59 pm
Seed,

From my own experience with divorce, feelings may fluctuate often.

I do not know if it helps for me to say this. I was very depressed and then hearing strange things like "Jamaica has a bobsled team in the winter olympics" actually made me snap out of it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2007 06:20 pm
That's priceless! Very Happy
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:38 am
There is a saying "It's not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and stand back up". Right now I feel as if my body is taking hay maker after hay maker and I don't know how much more my body can take before it refuses to get back up.

The professional help I have started talking to has helped a lot, but it does nothing to relieve the stress, hurt or over-all crappy feelings I have. It doesn't help that my wife gives me no up-date on the child, doesn't call when she said she will about the issues we have to go.

What hurts the most is that I have so much to say and she just walked away. The feeling of being abandoned is not a feeling that anyone should feel. I for one, never thought that I would feel it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 06:49 am
Softly, gently with yourself right now, Seed.

This is going to take some considerable time to recover from. But you will.

I'm sorry that your wife has been such a disappointment. I wish she would tell you more about your child.

I wish I could offer you more in the way of advice or comfort, but it seems this is something to get through as best you can & recover from. Sad
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 16 Apr, 2007 05:12 pm
That sucks, Seed. Your anger is justified. Learning to deal with it will be an ongoing challenge. I'm glad you're still talking to a counselor. Is there a group therapy that you could join? Misery loves company, you know.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 10:03 am
Hi seed. I know you don't know me, but I just found this thread and wanted to say I'm sorry for what you are going through. I went through something similar last year and swimpy's right. Giving yourself permission to grieve is a very important part of the process. A very important part of letting go so you can move on with your life.

Though my husband was still alive and well, what I thought was a relationship died. That is where the grieving came in. Grieving is hard and there are times through-out the process that it really feels like it's never going to end. Like life is just always going to feel bad and hurt. But those are just feelings. They come and go with time and realizing that is what helped me to pull through the really bad times.

I hope things are getting better for you. You seem like a really nice person who doesn't deserve how you are getting treated. Take care of yourself seed.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:44 pm
<Bump to see if Seed returns>
0 Replies