Sad things make me return

Seed

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:29 am
For some reason I always return when sad things happen to me. I think it's because I know I will get a lot of support and understanding here.

the low down. I got married after returning from Iraq in november. My wife and I became pregnant. Ithought things were all good and well. now after four months of marriage she says she is no longer in love with me and wants out. she has made up her mind and believe counseling will nt work for her and evertime i bring it up we get in a fight. I do not want o end things badly for reasons of the child so i feel as if i am to just sit here and let her slip out of my life.

The heart wants what the heart wants I guess. It just that some times two hearts think they want the same thing and really dont.

other then that i am ok. hurt, but that is expected. I hope you all are doing fine and well. I am still im MO and well i kind of like it, al execpt the fact that I am so far away from my family with out many opportunities to go and see them.

tell me how life is with you guys. im excited to know
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,344 • Replies: 127
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:33 am
Achh, Seed.

You've been missed.

I'm not genius on the whole saving/not saving relationship thing, but I'd ask if you could get some counselling for yourself to help you through this time/process.

I've got tons of questions for you, but I'll save 'em for now, and just say I'm glad to know you're in the U.S., and physically safe right now.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:42 am
seed, I was thinking about your continuing poem just the other day. I am sorry to hear that you and your wife have troubles, especially with the baby on the way. Not to worry, buddy, it may be that she is having some problems with hormonal changes and will stabilize and come to her senses.

Just nice to know that you are state side and well, my young friend. See? There's a lilac lovely to greet you with warmth and understanding.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:44 am
Seed
Seed, A2K is a good place to return to when you have good or bad news. Sorry your's is bad news, but glad to have you back.

BBB Sad
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Hang in there, seed. Never know what may happen.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fine that you're back, Seed. Not so good to hear the reason why.

Without knowing more, I can't say a lot different than you already know: you'll get a understanding, listening audience here.

I came along one of your post from September last, where
you wrote:
saying good by is the hardest thing someone can do. Wither its saying good bye because they are dying or because you have to leave.

I have been in iraq since feburary. I have had to do things that put me in harms way. I have carried a letter with me that was to be mailed off incase of anything happening. it was the hardest thing I have ever had to write. Not becuase i couldnt find the words, but becuase I knew those who would end up reading it would find it so very hard to read. but what i tried to get across in my letter was that i lived my life the way I wanted to live it. i made mistakes because my life was lived the way i thought it should be. if you live life worrying about tomorrow never coming then you dont live life the way it was intended to be.

life is a hard thing to figure out. i have in no way figured it not, nor do i think i ever will. it is a beast that changes daily, because you change daily. its a ride, a ride i plan on enjoying for a long time.

Perhaps, this is only just another step on your ride.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 09:45 am
Seed, welcome home and I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.
Just remember; you have rights as the child's father, so don't just let your wife slip out of your life.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 12:19 pm
Seed--

Welcome home. We've missed you.

Marriage isn't easy for anyone and wartime marriages are under special strains. How old is your wife? Has her life changed drastically since the wedding? Did she have to give up friends? Clubbing? A job?

Right now I wouldn't push her to see a counsellor. She's convinced that she doesn't want to and if you insist then she'll really be convinced that not only is the marriage doomed, but that you're trying to boss her around.

Seeing someone yourself might be a good idea. Your wife may or may not be part of your future, but you'll want contact with your baby whatever happens to the marriage.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 01:02 pm
Seed, I'm also very glad to see you, but saddened at the events in your life. I don't I can add anything to what the others have said. Stick around, we miss you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 01:05 pm
Oh Seed.....missed you, and I am so sorry to hear that.

I don't have anything wise to say, except lerve is weird, and I do hope, if things do not work out, that you guys can still parent well together.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Seed))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:54 pm
bump
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 06:57 pm
That's tough news, Seed. I hope you find a way to deal with the situation and keep your child in your life. Get a good counselor and a good attorney.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2007 07:13 pm
Glad to see you back, sad to see you sad. Yes, a counsellor and an attorney - whether or not you act with an attorney, you need to know your rights and the no-nos, very much worth an hour's meeting.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 07:13 am
Remember, you can still be a Manly Man while being confused and miserable.

If you weren't confused and miserable under your circumstances, you'd be a very shallow, unfeeling person. You are not a shallow and unfeeling person.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 10:45 am
the hardest part to me is that she shows no emotion. i just wish that i knew tht this hurt her as much s it is hurting me. I want more then anything to save this marriage. I dont sleep, i dont eat. My hands shake when im not doing something. I am at my ropes end and all i see below me is an endless pit of nothing. I try and I try.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:08 am
Seed,

You and I know each other only in passing. However, I went through something similar at the end of my first marriage. My first wife was also good at showing no emotion when she made a negative decision about me. Years later, she apologized and told me she had some "growing up to do."
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:35 am
Re: Sad things make me return
Seed wrote:
...she has made up her mind and believe counseling will nt work for her and evertime i bring it up we get in a fight...

Try everything to get her to join you in seeing a counsellor.
I wish I could suggest good ways of doing this, by I can't.
And like ossobuco so wisely said, see an attorney, if only for your own protection.

Hnag in, Seed. We're all pulling for you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2007 11:35 am
Seed, I'm glad to see you back but sorry it's under sad circumstances.

It sounds as if you are trying to change her mind and her actions. As much as you want that to happen, only she can control what she does. By the same token, you can only control what you do. Sitting by while she plans a course of action and begins to implement it will do you no good in the long run. I know that you are hurting and your response to that pain is affecting you physically and emotionally. I'm sorry to hear it, but there are some things you can and should do.

First, take advantage of whatever support (legal, medical, psychological, social) you have available to you. Look out for the best interests of your child and your health.

Second, look forward rather than backwards or down into your pit. I know it's easier said than done, but you will get through this and there will be a tomorrow, next week, and next year.

Also, give yourself a break. A marriage is a union of two people. You are who you are and trying to be what someone else wants can only work in the short run, particularly when what someone else wants keeps changing. You're a wonderful person and I'm sure you're going to be a great dad. If the circumstances of your marriage have made this union impossible to keep together then focus on what you can control -- how you feel about yourself and the love and care you can provide to your child.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 04:10 am
things got bad last night. Things were sad taht shouldnt have been said.

what makes this all so difficult is that she has to stay here for a month or two until she can save enough money to go home. Now in the beginning I thought this was going to be a good thing, but I now realize that the tension is just making it far to great. We were still sleeping in the same bed, but now, after last night i think I am doomed to sleep on my couch until she leaves.

I look at this sitiuation now and i realize just how hopeless it really is. I have done everything in my power to make it change for the better, but she obviously doesn't want it to be better at all, and that is what is most frustration about this whole situation.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2007 06:23 am
Yep..it is awful feeling so helpless.

I wish we could help more Seed.
0 Replies