The Liberals Lack Of Morality

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 01:20 am
maporsche wrote:
I'm having a hard time seeing anything moderate in what you've posted.

You might make more sense to people on this board if you just stuck to one or two points, then provided some evidence to support those points.

Otherwise I don't think anyone can understand what you're getting at, but because there is so much going on it's impossible to focus on the points you bring up.

It like trying to focus on the sun, you want too, but there's too much light, and after a while you just end up blind.

I'm pretty sure that I would not agree with anything you post, but I would love to discuss them with you. Unfortunately I'm blinded by your 'light' and I'm afraid of going 'blind'.

People see me attacking liberals with such vehemence and assume I am a conservative, then they see me attacking conservatives and assume I am a liberal. (again I am not seeking popularity) This is because the liberals and conservatives are so extreme that they can only see things in black and white. (blinding light or total darkness)

Take one point I have made, "the LAW of liberty" that in itself is a moderate stance.

Like your statement "**** God", I would rephrase that "**** Religion", leave God out of it...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 05:59 am
Britney Spears has made an apology to the public. I accept that. She did not mention her two babies at home directly or the fans that she has disappointed, but, I personally accept her apology. I think she was obviously drunk and let her guard down for a moment. I can understand how that can happen. I have done worse, just not in front of so many people. Embarrassed

We (myself included) should always pause before we criticize others and "remember from whenst thou comest".

Being a prick I guess is only necessary when people show no remorse at all for their actions. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:36 am
Rex, did you ever respond to this? (I've only read up till page 5, this was on page 2).

parados wrote:
Of course I do wonder about people that quote verses from the bible while ignoring the rest of the chapter.

Quote:
8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

13For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

It seems you have broken God's royal law, Rex, in not loving your neighbor and by railing against him. And as you break one law of God, you break them all.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 06:42 am
RexRed wrote:
Consider this we once had the Iraqi trust but that was dashed by the liberal media's hatred for our president.. You will NEVER convince me otherwise.

You think the Iraqis watch your liberal media?

Its one thing to submit that a) CNN, ABC, NYT, WaPo etc are liberal and b) that they shape Americans' opinions - I disagree, but there is still a semblance of coherence about the claim.

But that it is they who have made the Iraqis lose their trust in Bush? Despite the fact that none of them are broadcast or read in Iraq in the first place?

You dont think that Iraqi feelings about the reality around them in their own country is more likely to have been informed by, you know - the reality around them in their own country?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:00 am
RexRed wrote:
The Young Conservative group at the University of Texas has put up this holiday display. No, it's not a manger scene. It's a solstice barn. Instead of Joseph and Mary tending to Jesus, they've got Gary and Joseph. The wise men are Lenin, Marx, and Stalin. And the display is dedicated to the ACLU.

The Young Conservative group at the UoT appears to be as retarded as only a caricature could have made it out to be.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:15 am
nimh wrote:
Rex, did you ever respond to this? (I've only read up till page 5, this was on page 2).

parados wrote:
Of course I do wonder about people that quote verses from the bible while ignoring the rest of the chapter.

Quote:
8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

13For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

It seems you have broken God's royal law, Rex, in not loving your neighbor and by railing against him. And as you break one law of God, you break them all.

Jesus was kicked around so we don't have to be...

Jesus died for us in the flesh so we could live in the spirit.

Salvation is of grace not of works.

You seem to forget the core of Christianity to pursue persecution.

Ephesians 2:4
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Comment: Euthanasia is a form of love...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:19 am
parados wrote:
Quote:

RexRed wrote:

So what does that leave your take on verse 8?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:23 am
nimh wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

RexRed wrote:

Persuit of happiness requires the law of liberty not just liberty...

2Ti 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:25 am
Rex,
You continue to be very selective in your verses and fail to complete the lesson.

Quote:
25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Your failure to bridle your tongue in railing against others shows you have not followed the law of liberty.

As to your claim of grace not works, why did you start this thread by quoting James then?
James 2 says
Quote:
17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:29 am
RexRed wrote:
nimh wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

RexRed wrote:

Persuit of happiness requires the law of liberty not just liberty...

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That would be ALL scripture, not your selective reading of verses out of context.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:31 am
parados wrote:
Rex,
You continue to be very selective in your verses and fail to complete the lesson.

Quote:
25But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Your failure to bridle your tongue in railing against others shows you have not followed the law of liberty.

As to your claim of grace not works, why did you start this thread by quoting James then?
James 2 says
Quote:
17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Mt 10:16
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Mt 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Comment:
Does Matthew sound apologetic?

Hard love my friend, hard love...

Eph 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Comment:
Anger and reproof can be a form of love...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 07:40 am
parados wrote:
RexRed wrote:
nimh wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

RexRed wrote:

Pursuit of happiness requires the law of liberty not just liberty...

That would be ALL scripture, not your selective reading of verses out of context.

...and not your own private interpretation of "all" scripture either...

2Pe 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Comment:
When you see someone about to inadvertently step in front of a train do you walk up all namby pamby and say, I don want to hurt you, I don't want to be rough with you... No! You just grab them and yank them out of the way... Why? Because you love...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:09 am
Rex,
Your selective reading of verses is tiresome.
Lets look at the context.
Matthew 10 is the advice of Jesus to his disciples. I am not one of the 12. Are you?
Quote:
9Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

10Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

11And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

12And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

15Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

I know you have not taken this to heart. You have gold in your purse because you can afford to be on the internet. I doubt you have but one set of clothes. Yet you want to pull out one verse and trot it out as if it has meaning without the rest of the chapter. Do you think you can ignore the rest?

Matthew 23 is an admonition to the Scribes and Pharisees
Quote:
29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

31Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

How can you compare advice to the disciples and an admonition of the pharisees by only using the word "serpent?" It shows a complete lack of understanding of how they are different.

And yet in Eph 4 which you use to justify anger and reproof it says.
Quote:
26Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27Neither give place to the devil.

28Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one

Your rants without truth seem to violate all admonitions of Eph 4.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:23 am
parados wrote:
Rex,
Your selective reading of verses is tiresome.
Lets look at the context.
Matthew 10 is the advice of Jesus to his disciples. I am not one of the 12. Are you?

Heb 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

(and I resent you insinuating that I carry a purse...) Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:34 am
2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:37 am
And you continue to ignore the parts I pointed out you ignored the first time.

ah well.. no suprise there. Probably won't be a suprise until you show up on judgement day... :wink:
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:38 am

ah well.. no suprise there. Probably won't be a suprise until you show up on judgement day... :wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:39 am
2 Corinthians 11:19 For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise. 20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face. 21 I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:42 am
parados wrote:

If you knew "the word" as you pretend to you would know that Christians are not judged but rewarded...

Ro 5:9
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath [judgment] through him.

:wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 9 Dec, 2006 09:56 am
I am trying to understand your question I guess maybe I haven't really figured out what exactly it is.

If you are implying that Christians should be wimps, that is a common misnomer born out of Roman/Catholic persecution times and martyrdom.

Consider once more the meaning of the word "bold"...

Heb 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
0 Replies