Really bad jokes - don't be afraid to post yours here

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 09:57 am
@carloslebaron,
When I first heard that joke, many, many years ago, the third person was an Italian lady. Then I heard it not too many years ago where the third person was a black woman from Harlem.

I guess sentiments have changed about who gets dumped on.

Some people have been kicked up the ladder.
chai2

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah well, bad taste and hatefulness never goes out of style.

One can always find someone someone to insult to make you feel better about yourself.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

When I first heard that joke, many, many years ago, the third person was an Italian lady. Then I heard it not too many years ago where the third person was a black woman from Harlem..

I wonder why it was an Italian "lady" but a black "woman".
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:38 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

When I first heard that joke, many, many years ago, the third person was an Italian lady. Then I heard it not too many years ago where the third person was a black woman from Harlem..

I wonder why it was an Italian "lady" but a black "woman".

Beats me...I wasn't telling the joke! Sad

(Nice catch. I screwed up, Lustig. I should have been consistent and used "lady" both times...or "woman" both times. I hope nobody takes offense to either.)
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Nice catch. I screwed up, Lustig.

Glad you're man enough to admit ti, Frank. Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 10:57 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ask yourself why your unconscious mind did it. I would imagine it's all the negative stuff associated with black people that's been drip fed into our heads over the years.

Now you're aware of it you can try to do something about it.

Now I have to ask myself why Andy spotted it and I didn't. Probably the same reason.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
When I first heard that joke, many, many years ago, the third person was an Italian lady. Then I heard it not too many years ago where the third person was a black woman from Harlem.

I guess sentiments have changed about who gets dumped on.

Some people have been kicked up the ladder.

You are right. It might started with Italians because their known temper. After the 60's Black people was the targeted, perhaps by their aggressive behavior. When I used the Mexican "husband" beating the wife is also because their "macho" temper.

I guess in Africa the targeted people might be the country with more fame by their aggressive males in their society.

To me, the joke still makes me laugh, it is a good one.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 11:53 am
@carloslebaron,
I think it is a very funny joke, Carlos...although some of the women here might not think so.

To that I might say: Think of how many people, male and female, laugh at guys getting dinged in the family jewels on America's Funniest Home Videos.

Not sure why everyone finds that so funny...but I gotta acknowledge that although I almost never watch the show, whenever I do, I laugh at those videos also.
chai2

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 12:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah, joking about beating people to show them who's boss is always a laff riot.

I don't think videos/jokes/stories of men getting their testicles kicked is funny. Plus, I wouldn't really put what people laugh at on some american home video show as the height of humor.

Never understood why anyone thought what happened to that Bobbit guy as funny. No more than if a man cut off a woman's breast or other body part.

One might respond to me "oh take it easy, it's just a joke". That's what people who want to be able to get away with saying hateful things say a lot.

So, when someone tries to convince me I'm the prude/overly sensitive/etc about damaging humor, I just consider the source.
lmur

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 01:05 pm
I lost my watch at a party recently. After searching for an hour, I noticed that a guy was standing on it whilst forcing himself upon a young woman. I approached him, tapped him on the shoulder and - when he turned around - punched him in the face.

Nobody treats women like that. Not on my watch.
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 03:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I think it is a very funny joke, Carlos...although some of the women here might not think so.

Yep, it was a definite thumbs down from me.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 03:14 pm
@Pearlylustre,
Not just the women.
chai2

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 04:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
Exactly edgar and pearly.

I don't know why any man or woman would find it funny.

Truly a bad joke.

Plus, there's all that leading up to the punch line...indicating women are trying to "take over", forcing men apparantly to do work beneath them, etc.

It's just the type of story some ass hat would tell in mixed company, and expect women to either sit there and smile demurely, proving their subservience, or hoping they'll complain to it can be pointed out what frigid humorless bitches they are.

Good thing I'm not a black person, or I'd be getting all aggressive about it.

Maybe if I were Irish I'd go get drunk.

Jesus wept.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 04:39 pm
@chai2,
What else do you expect from a Holocaust denier?
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 04:45 pm
Wise ass to a feminist: Do you know the feminist movement has no sense of humor?

Feminist: No...but if you hum a few bars, maybe I can fake it.

A2Ker: Oh, another joke about women "faking it."

Lighten up, folks.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 05:29 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

One might respond to me "oh take it easy, it's just a joke". That's what people who want to be able to get away with saying hateful things say a lot.

So, when someone tries to convince me I'm the prude/overly sensitive/etc about damaging humor, I just consider the source.

I'm not going to "lighten up" just so you can feel ok about being disrespectful to people in general, and me in particular.

That is such a cowardly, passive aggressive way of bullying.

Tell you what Frank, you don't tell me to lighten up about something important to me and many others, and I won't tell you to stop being a tedious nudje that can't stop himself from beating dead horses.

This carlos person is ignorant, hateful and willfully stupid. He needs no encouragement.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 05:41 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

I'm not going to "lighten up" just so you can feel ok about being disrespectful to people in general, and me in particular.

Tell you what Frank, you don't tell me to lighten up about something important to me and many others, and I won't tell you to stop being a tedious nudje that can't stop himself from beating dead horses.

This carlos person is ignorant, hateful and willfully stupid. He needs no encouragement.

Lighten up, Chai. It's just a discussion. The world is not going to be knocked off its axis no matter how anyone votes.

And as for the lecture on me being disrespectful...

...you ought really to deliver those kinds of lectures in posts where you have not used the words "cowardly, passive aggressive way of bullying", "tedious nudje", "beating dead horses", "ignorant", "hateful" and "willfully stupid"...as you did here and as you do in so many of your other posts.

Said as respectfully as possible, Chai, getting a lecture from you on how to be respectful is like getting a lecture on how to stay slim from Chris Christie.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 05:43 pm
It's one thing to use this thread to simply have some fun, telling corny jokes. It's another for someone to use it as a platform to promote their hate agenda under the guise of humor.

I refuse to lighten up about that. People who hate, especially those who do it out of their own feelings of inadequacy, don't deserve to hide under the cover of "freedome of speech" They can say whatever they want, but they are going to be called on it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s851x315/10991135_1538061806482131_5527535718601042883_n.jpg?oh=e94479ffd37efbab35c6a05ee282a2b3&oe=55507ECB&__gda__=1435654682_a809190a0cc05ed5ddd773b9e069338a
chai2

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 05:45 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

chai2 wrote:

I repeat the above.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2015 05:58 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

It's one thing to use this thread to simply have some fun, telling corny jokes. It's another for someone to use it as a platform to promote their hate agenda under the guise of humor.

I refuse to lighten up about that. People who hate, especially those who do it out of their own feelings of inadequacy, don't deserve to hide under the cover of "freedome of speech" They can say whatever they want, but they are going to be called on it.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s851x315/10991135_1538061806482131_5527535718601042883_n.jpg?oh=e94479ffd37efbab35c6a05ee282a2b3&oe=55507ECB&__gda__=1435654682_a809190a0cc05ed5ddd773b9e069338a

What you see as "hate"...may not be hate, Chai. And it certainly is not hate from me.

Keep in mind...someone could look at that signature line of yours and consider it a slur against gays. I could easily see some touchy person getting very bent out of shape by the line.

In fact, if it were someone else's signature line...you might be such a person.

In any case, I could tell that feminist joke (and have) and gotten lots of laughs out of it. And that does not mean that any of us...me, the teller; or they, the listeners (male and female)...condone or find anything funny about a man beating a woman.

So...YES, Chai...lighten the hell up.
0 Replies