My Cat the diabetic

littlek

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 11:15 pm
It's all cardboard. You've seen the carboard scratching pads, right? This has one of those on a slant (about 45ยบ), so underneath is a wedge-shaped box with two holes cut into the tall end. Hanging between the two holes is a little toy on a stretchy thread. Hmmm, does that make sense? Picture the wedge-box as a wedge-heeled shoe. The holes are in the soul of the shoe beneath the heel. Whoa, gotta get some sleep.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 07:16 pm
Argh!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 07:37 pm
Poor little Screech.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 07:40 pm
from http://216.110.171.197/manual-3.html

Quote:
chicken baby food, which may even have to be further softened by mixing a small amount of water with the food. Heating the wet food for a short time in the microwave may help make the food more tempting. Be sure it is not hot so the cat does not burn their mouth.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 08:27 pm
I heated tuna in spring water, pulverized it with dry cat food esp made for diabetic cats. Let it sit for a while to soften the dry food, more blending. Put it through a strainer into a, basically, a picnic type mustard squirt bottle. Wrapped the cat up in a towel and squirted away. I think I got more in his eyes and up his nose than down his throat. But, he's cleaning the food off his fur, so, all's not lost. Maybe I'll paint his fur with food every couple of hours.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 08:58 pm
Fancy Feast. Ya know, I'm going to have to assume it was in the timing of it all, but the cat just decided he loves the chicken and beef fancy feast that my sister ave me to try.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:02 pm
Just looking at a picture of a pu...I mean, cat, makes me sneeze.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:09 pm
aw, poor slappy.

The last guy I dated had allergies to cats. He'd only be able to stay in my house for a few hours at a time and he'd leave all stuffed up. And that was while he was on allegra. AND, he said that my caused less discomfort than other cats he knows. It's unfortunate - he loves cats.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:13 pm
If I didnt have fancy feast in the house....I would be disembowled.
Its got some really good stuff in it I guess.

Glad something works though!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:19 pm
Poor me is right.

That Claritin stuff works pretty well.

So does my homemade "cat slingshot."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:29 pm
Q - I think it was the timing, but I'll be feeding him the stuff for as long as it takes....

Slappy - are you allergic to everything, or just cats?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:32 pm
hahaha, slingshots. i was almost fired as a babysitter for making some for the boys i was to guard. so watch out, slappy, some people (and cats) disapprove of those.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:34 pm
Nah, cats love it when I help them "fly."

I'm only allergic to cats, I think. Drain-o, too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:38 pm
What was that cat-tossing game online.....?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 09:52 pm
http://gamescene.com/game.cgi?alleycat

http://www.bravozulu.com/cathome/Cat_Bowling/index.com

http://www.eds.com/cat_game/game2.html

??
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:00 pm
Whoa, a cat herder I'm not.

I really liked that first one. But, the one I was thinking about was a slingshot game where you threw cats into walls.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 11:03 pm
Good luck with the sick critter, littlek !....
Have been there/done that with the "force feeding" thing & found a syringe thingy (meant for babies & bought at the chemist) very useful. For a start, it's small & easy to get into a cat's mouth. It also helps if you feed then from the side, against the edge of the mouth. More seems to actually get in that way. Good grief, what a trial that was! Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 11:22 pm
It's not fun! I should have gotten a baby syringe by now. I meant to get one earlier, but when I'm home from work, I spend my time with him.

He's eaten more of the F.F.!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 01:35 pm
Nanny without baby syringe? Okay, so perhaps he should have his very own..still Wink
Glad hes still eating that FF at least!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 06:51 pm
Best of luck with it, littlek! I KNOW it's not easy being "cruel to be kind"! ... I thought my poor critter would never speak to me again, after weeks of this torture ... But he forgave me. Very Happy
0 Replies