My Cat the diabetic

Roberta

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 08:26 am
Just learned about what happened.

My heart breaks for you, littlek.

When I think back on my own pets and that they had to be euthanized, I think the way Screech went is the way to go. Quietly at home with his human.

You'll be in my thoughts, kid.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 11:12 am
littlek
I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I know what it feels like to have a diabetic cat and to lose basically a part of your family. My current cat is also diabetic and I know her time is coming soon. You seem like a very nice person and I am sure Screech knew just how much you cared and loved him. It hurts to let them go and my thoughts are with you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 01:35 pm
@littlek,
Wonderful memories, littlek. He will always be with you through those memories.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 04:01 pm
Just saying good morning to you, k.
I hope your heart is a little less heavy today.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 05:56 pm
The thing about going to work to get out of the sadness is that the sadness ticks around longer. Coming home is hard. Realizing I don't have to watch my feet is hard. Seeing my boots and thinking they're him, for a second, is hard.

I do have a picture of all my pets up, in a triple image frame.

Kicky. I have a glucometer I won't be needing. I could ship it to you. It comes with a manual and I have lots of extra lancets. I can talk you through the process too. But later.
littlek

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:01 pm
I'd like to save or print this thread and the one about bootsie. Can someone tell me the best way to do that? I started to print, but it was only about 3-4 posts per page.
sozobe

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:03 pm
@littlek,
When I collect "sozlet stories" I just do a lot of copying and pasting into a document, and then print that. There probably is a better way.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:03 pm
@littlek,
Oh Lil'k... so sorry... haven't been around today and didn't know about your kitty... so sorry love. x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 06:46 pm
@littlek,
Quote:
The thing about going to work to get out of the sadness is that the sadness ticks around longer. Coming home is hard. Realizing I don't have to watch my feet is hard. Seeing my boots and thinking they're him, for a second, is hard.

Yes, I know, k. (From some similar experiences.)
It does take quite a bit of getting used to.
You don't realize how integral the pet is in just about everything that happens in the house until they're not there.
As well as "seeing" glimpses of them like you, I'd also "hear" familiar critter noises for a while .... it's quiet sad & disconcerting, isn't it?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 07:18 pm
@littlek,
Aw, Lil'k, I'm so sorry. It sounds like he had a peaceful departure, though. Hugs to you.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 07:28 pm
@littlek,
I am so sorry for your loss, littlek. You've been a great kitty mom and
fortunately you didn't have to involve the vet and your cat could pass on in
peace. All of us who have lost pets in the past know exactly what you're going
through, and the sad feeling of coming home to an empty house sounds all
too familiar. It's so hard losing them when they have played such a big part in
our lives, it truly is hard.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2009 07:44 pm
littlek, very sorry to hear about Screech, but he was lucky to go at home with you by his side.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:35 pm
Slowly I go.

What a freakin week. Can't wait for vacation.

Thanks all.
dagmaraka

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 04:35 pm
@littlek,
i still hear bootsie sometimes.she will always be my sugarplum. and the soft mek-mreouw of the furry mass insisting on setting itself down on your keyboard. Smile
funny tricks our brains play on us.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:15 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I do have a picture of all my pets up, in a triple image frame.

Kicky. I have a glucometer I won't be needing. I could ship it to you. It comes with a manual and I have lots of extra lancets. I can talk you through the process too. But later.

Oh, I almost forgot I asked about this. Such a busy coupla days. Thanks. That would be great. I won't bug you about it now though. Later, like you said. Thank you, thank you, and thank you though.
littlek

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:53 pm
@kickycan,
Do you still have my email address? You can send your address there. I'll send it next week while I am on school break.
kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 12:10 pm
@littlek,
Actually, I don't think I do. I just made a new e-mail account so we can do this. Please could you send an e-mail to me at [email protected]? Then I'll respond with my shipping address. That sound like a workable plan?

Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. I will of course pay for the shipping costs.
littlek

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 12:46 pm
@kickycan,
Message sent

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 02:37 pm
@littlek,
Package sent
0 Replies