My Cat the diabetic

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:11 pm
Thanks for the 'good jobs' I need them.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:14 pm
@littlek,
You're an exemplar to me, kris. Be at peace. I/we know it's hard.
You helped me with my Pacco.

Love to you.
littlek

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh that's sweet..... love ya back.
Eva

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:36 pm
@littlek,
Screech got to go just the way he would've wanted...with you right there beside him, loving him right up to the end. A cat (or any of us, for that matter) couldn't ask for more.

I know your heart hurts, but you did good.

Real good.

Screech was a lucky cat to have you.
roger

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:39 pm
@Eva,
That's what I wanted to say, Eva, but couldn't come up with.

Darn it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:44 pm
@littlek,
littlek wrote:
Thanks for the 'good jobs' I need them.

Then perhaps it also helps you if I re-link to this video proof of the marvelous job you'd done on him.

He wasn't quite in this shape when I met him at our gathering about a year ago. But it only took him 15 minutes to overcome his initial shyness, and after that he was friendly, welcoming, and curious. He even allowed me to stroke him and Jespah to sit on his chair. A true gentlecat and a sweetheart.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:53 pm
@Thomas,
Oh, video as proof -
thank you, Thomas.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 11:55 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank Kris. She recorded it and put it online.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:05 am
@Thomas,
Ok, thank you, Kris, for the Screech video.

I dunno, I still weep about the pacc. Not sure if screech photos are good/timely or not.
But maybe they are. I liked every single itty bitty thing about hearing about pacco, even if it killed me.

In a way, screech is our cat too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:41 am
@littlek,
oh k, i am soooooooo sorry.

Such a long journey with the little fella

Sounds as though you did best by having him stay home quietly with you

My heart is with you

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( k )))))))))))))!)))))))))))))))))))

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 01:56 am
@littlek,
Aw, k, I'm so sorry.
I saw this thread in New Posts just now & imagined the worst. I've imagined the worst so many times over the past couple of years, and now he's finally gone. I can well imagine how you're feeling right now & wish I could give you a hug.
But no one needs to tell you, k, that you have done everything that could possibly have been done to keep Screech alive & as healthy & happy as possible ... for such a long time! I've said it a number of times, your commitment has been extraordinary. He was so fortunate to have you caring for him!

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 02:13 am
@littlek,
Aw, k, I'm so sorry.
I saw this thread in New Posts just now & imagined the worst. I've imagined the worst so many times over the past couple of years, and now he's finally gone. I can well imagine how you're feeling right now & wish I could give you a hug.

But no one needs to tell you, k, that you have done everything that could possibly have been done to keep Screech alive & as healthy & happy as possible ... for such a long time! I've said it a number of times, your commitment has been extraordinary. He was so fortunate to have you caring for him!

I'm so glad & relieved you didn't have to make that terrible final trip to the vet. I'm so glad Screech died quietly at home with you, instead. I'm so glad he no longer feels any pain & is no longer struggling. And yes, I'm also glad that you haven't needed to spend another large amount of money, which you can ill afford. Because you would have, even if there was the tiniest bit of a chance ....

So here's to the beautiful Screech. One of THE great tuxedo cats! Very Happy

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 02:16 am
(Sorry. I don't know what happened re the double post above)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 02:20 am
Oh. kittykat! So sorry to hear that, but it is good that Screech could stay at home, without vets and nurses. He did have a good life, much better than it would have been had he a different mom I'm sure.
I am glad you have some vacation coming up, to mourn at peace and heal a little.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:27 am

'k, so sorry to hear about screech.
you did all you could for him.
as Eva and others have said, he was indeed lucky to have you...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:31 am
my sympathies lil'K.

You are a great cat mom...
jespah

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 11:52 am
@Rockhead,
One of my favorite cats of all time. So was Squirrel; I remember 'em both. You gave them, and Boo, the best life an animal could ever have. Lovingkindness, it's a blessing and you have it in everything you do.

Sweet little lion, safe travels.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:04 pm
Oh no, just read this -- really, you have been amazing with your animals, littlek. I'm amazed and inspired by how much you have done for them. I know they did so much for you, too, though, and I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 02:37 pm

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/101/screechoy9.jpg

....................................... ~ 2008 Bahstin Gathering ~
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 03:23 pm
Thanks everyone. Now I don't have the anxiety of death at the doorstep, but I do have the anxiety of having done (or not, really) the right thing. So, your words are good for me. And, while pictures and videos bring fresh tears, I am ok with that. He really was the sweetest little thing.

(in the photo above you can see the freshly shaved fur on his wrist where he'd had blood drawn for tests)