Strip Clubs - How do you feel about them

JLNobody

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:40 pm
I love the symbol of the blue rose--because it doesn't exist. I once gave a (public) talk entitled "The Blue Rose of Certainty." It went pretty well since I convinced everyone that I wasn't certain about my thesis.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:58 pm
Well, they're getting closer re blue roses. Certainly they don't grow well in southern California.

I once fancied the rose called Sterling Silver.. I guess for its differentness. But, y'know, they're a bit weird. Now key indicators in police procedurals...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:02 am
Off to bed. Nite all.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 12:07 am
Don't dream of blue rose petals..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:07 am
JLNobody wrote:
Erymil, I don't think we can consider art as purely "mental" and sexuality as purely "physical." Pardon me if I misunderstand you, but to me much of my sexuality is mental and I experience Schumann and Picasso viscerally. Ultimately, sex and art are BOTH physical AND mental. Obviously, there ARE differences, but they are not clarified in terms of a mind-body axis.

Thanks JL! Finally, someone who thinks like me! Laughing (Although, maybe you don't WANT to think like me...it's scary in here!)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:10 am
Eryemil wrote:

I never intended to generalize, just trying to make a point; to separate strip-tease from art since I didn't agree with Bella dumping them together.

Haven't you ever referred to it as "the art of strip tease?"

Methinks you haven't seen a beautiful woman seductively strip teasing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:13 am
artfull schmartfull
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:15 am
shewolfnm wrote:
artfull schmartfull

Ok miss thing....you wanna take this outside? I'll rip that weave right from your head and bust off those pretty purple nails.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 08:17 am
I aint es'cared of you
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:33 am
<Montana pulls up on her tractor>

Ok break it up girls!
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:36 am
See, this is another reason I don't go to strip clubs. The unruly patrons!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:45 am
I hear ya, Blacksmithn. You throw some of these folks a little meat and the next thing you know, they're duking it out in the parking lot. <sigh>
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 09:58 am
I've never been to one, but I kind of want to go, just to see what I'm missing if nothing else.

But I'm sure I'd find it creepy, lots of men sitting around with erections watching some poor girl take off her clothes... spending money just to get a taste of the feelings they can't get from women that don't come with a price tag... but then sometimes I feel like that's just the kind of thing I need, attention from a naked girl, even if it is for pay, and even if it doesn't lead to the things I'd probably wish it would....

It's really just a place to go and be pathetic, to try and shore up the holes in our lives that we aren't supposed to admit are there...
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:01 am
http://www.flinflon.net/postcards/flowers/blue_rose.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:07 am
Although I have never been in a strip club, I think they are great, every neighborhood should have one for those that might enjoy them.
0 Replies

Perplexed

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:16 am
what makes you say they're so great if you've never been to one? It is just THAT people enjoy them? Or is there some benefit to having them around that even applies to those that don't attend?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:41 am
I kinda take the viewpoint of Eryemil. Strip joints whether seedy or Gentlemen's Clubs are basically there for lust not beauty. I honestly don't care whether some one goes to one or not it is really whatever you like and I don't look down on some one who goes to them. Like I said before it seems more embarrassing to me. And calling a strip place a Gentlemen's Club doesn't change the basic premise of the place. It is still stripping for lustful purposes (not art or beauty). I never heard anyone saying I am going to a see a stripper for her beauty. Basically a Gentlemen's Club is simply a cleaner more expensive strip joint with more attractive strippers. It is selling sex in one sort of sense - no different than phone sex, or looking at girlie magazines.

And I don't get upset if my husband goes to one. I probably would though if he frequented and spent lots of money going to them, but if he were to go on a rare occasion it don't affect me any.

By the way I have been to a strip place where men strip - I was embarrassed.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:44 pm
Linkat wrote:
By the way I have been to a strip place where men strip - I was embarrassed.

I hope you didn't go about their shortcomings down under like the girls here on a2k. Laughing

Poor boys.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:47 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
See, this is another reason I don't go to strip clubs. The unruly patrons!

Laughing

Patrons? How 'bout the entertainment?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 01:49 pm
Perplexed wrote:

But I'm sure I'd find it creepy, lots of men sitting around with erections watching some poor girl take off her clothes... spending money just to get a taste of the feelings they can't get from women that don't come with a price tag... .

Don't kid yourself...those girls aren't poor. They are there by choice, most like what they do and the good ones make a ton of cash.
0 Replies