Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:56 pm
How I feel about strip clubs?

Why with my hands of course.

Wakka wakka wakka!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Laughing

i think the uppi-itty ness of nudity is stronger in america then any other country.

here, we will gladly show you someone getting shot, raped, or otherwise traumatised and call it PG.

someone shows one ass cheek and it is rated R
or even worse, edited for " family viewing"

humph..
0 Replies

Gargamel

...waiting to receive "virtual" punch in groin...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:59 pm
Eryemil wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Why do we pay to see art?

You can't possibly compare the two Bella.

Sure you can.

What about this? The Creation

Is this not art?

The human body is beautiful. We appreciate it.

Sure, we don't get a boner when looking at a Monet (well, most people don't) but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and men find a nude woman attractive. We appreciate fine beauty like we appreciate fine art. Why can't a man enjoy a beautiful body the way he enjoys a beautiful painting?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:00 pm
teeheehee

thats a little bitty thing aint it

teeheehee
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:02 pm
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man admiring the female form, as long as it is all done in the best possible taste.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/zes.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:03 pm
id be afraid to taste that......
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:06 pm
Now ask me how I feel about married men being at a strip club and that's a different story...I think they have no business being there UNLESS it is an agreed upon ok thing between husband and wife. Then, who am I to say it's wrong? If you have to hide it, it must be wrong.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Setanta wrote:
Good point, Eryemil . . . them paintings will be there for ages--but that young gal's boobs and ass are heading south in a few years, so oglers need to get on the stick and get a good, longer gander before it all sags . . .

I'm an art lover so I had to disagree with Bella. Art itself transcends the primal human experience, it is so much more than a simple animalistic object of instinctual desire.

Just look at the purposes of the two. The way the human body is used in strip clubs brings the person down into a state of mindless primitive response. Lust is shared by sexual animals while the concept of art is human alone, doesn't that tell you something?

Art makes people think, makes them feel with their minds as opposed to their bodies.

However, let me clarify that I have nothing against the business itself. I consider it a great way to make money for anyone blessed with a beautiful body.

I don't see anything innately wrong with going to such a place, I just think it is such a waste of money for such a petty pleasure.
0 Replies

Setanta

Lord Ellpus wrote:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man admiring the female form, as long as it is all done in the best possible taste.

You may be correct, and he is using decent studs in the cuffs, instead of hulking big "cuff links," which are usually in bad taste. But we can't see if he has a decent collar stud, we can't see if his tie is properly tied, and we can't tell if his shirt front is properly pressed. I'll forgo comments about his shoes.

(Anyway, i just wanted to repeat that image.)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:09 pm
Setanta wrote:

why?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:10 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Setanta wrote:

why?

You know, we also can't see if the seams on her hosiery are straight. I think Lordoftheprurientinterest has attempted to sell us a bill of goods . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:12 pm
Setanta wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:
Setanta wrote:

why?

You know, we also can't see if the seams on her hosiery are straight. I think Lordoftheprurientinterest has attempted to sell us a bill of goods . . .

I want my money back
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
Eryemil wrote:

I'm an art lover so I had to disagree with Bella. Art itself transcends the primal human experience, it is so much more than a simple animalistic object of instinctual desire.

Just look at the purposes of the two. The way the human body is used in strip clubs brings the person down into a state of mindless primitive response. Lust is shared by sexual animals while the concept of art is human alone, doesn't that tell you something?

Art makes people think, makes them feel with their minds as opposed to their bodies.

I don't see anything innately wrong with going to such a place, I just think it is such a waste of money for such a petty pleasure.

What is art to you is not necessarily art to others.

And art can cause a physical reaction. What about a painting that triggers a memory that causes the physical sensation of love (tingly, heart racing)? Or anger (heart racing, tight stomach)? Or causes you to shiver? Or sigh? Those are physiological reactions.

Your definition of art is so limited.

I agree that it's a waste of money...to me and to you. But not to the guy who does it. If it wasn't worth it, he wouldn't do it, now would he?
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
I've got my own collection of vintage photography, don't force my hand. I'm warning you. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:32 pm
I have to disagree yet again Bella.

Art has a meaning or a purpose or story, sometimes it does all of this. For artists, our work is part of ourselves in such a personal way, it is intimate and we aim to keep that intimacy when anyone looks at it. I just fail to see that kind of communication between a stripper and the drooling guy looking at her/him. There's is nothing being said, and no one willing to listen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/Eryemil/contrast.jpg

This is art.

http://www.apollon-gay-club.sk/galerie/04-11-strip-night/striptease-party-11-2004-05.jpg

This isn't.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:35 pm
That boy's package don't look too big . . . hope he finds an understanding boyfriend . . .
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:37 pm
Setanta thanks for reading my oh-so-very-deep message. Laughing

*edit* I can't stop laughing now. How am I supposed to stay sullen and intellectually artsy?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:39 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:41 pm
Eryemil wrote:
Setanta thanks for reading my oh-so-very-deep message. Laughing

ol boy up there wont be goin too deep lemme tell ya...
0 Replies