My Holocaust Problems

Cliff Hanger

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 05:49 pm
Are you at it again freedomforfree? I had a feeling you weren't all that apologetic regarding post on this topic-- The anti-Semitic Italian posting and your buying into it by doctoring up the headline. Here's the link for anyone interested:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=71259&highlight=
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:31 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
What really bugs me is that people with your despicable views make life harder for those of us who are trying to ensure fairness in the Middle East conflict and the war on Terror.

To remember the Holocaust is a remember the evil that people can do against other people. It was especially impactful for me because we are European, and we like to think this hateful evil can't happen with Europeans.

The Holocaust was an horrible crime that started with hatred and fear. The fact that I abhor and regret the Holocaust that happened in Europe last century doesn't take away from the other evils that I abhor just as much.

The fact that I disagree with the current actions of the government of Israel should be completely separate from this. I would like to be able to make an intellectually honest argument that represents my desire for a resolution that is fair to both the Jews and the Palestinians and acceptable to the other residents of the Middle East.

With people shouting anti-Semitic conspiracy theories makes me feel very uncomfortable. I am not going to allow people with hateful ideas to pretend they stand with me on any position.

I abhor this crap with all my being.

What he said.

This nonsense does, indeed, allow the Israeli government, and unthinking western allies, to decry reasoned and trenchant criticism of its actions as evidence of the kind of revisionist crap presented here.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:32 pm
Thanks, Cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Koran is a urine soaked rag BTW, and Mohammad is a cowering pederast. I am thinking of marketing Mohammad is an Asswipe Toilet Paper. I'd make millions. And donate it to Israel.

Just because.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:35 pm
This nonsense does, indeed, allow the Israeli government, and unthinking western allies, to decry reasoned and trenchant criticism of its actions as evidence of the kind of revisionist crap presented here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israeli politics and this trash are completely unrelated. Why even bring it up?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:42 pm
Lash wrote:
Thanks, Cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Koran is a urine soaked rag BTW, and Mohammad is a cowering pederast. I am thinking of marketing Mohammad is an Asswipe Toilet Paper. I'd make millions. And donate it to Israel.

Just because.

Lash, Lash, Lash

This has got to be the most unfortunate, ill-conceived and badly timed post in the history of the Internet.

You can't condemn blind hatred by indulging in it....

I am against bigoted hatred, no matter who is the target. You have just ruined the effect of a unified response against hateful ideas by adding your own hateful ideas.

And I was just feeling hopeful again about the good in humanity.

<<sigh>>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:45 pm
Listen!! Do you call it hatred when Jeebus and God are trashed??

Let's operate with one standard.

Mohammad isn't sacred. Nothing is sacred.

You have a double standard.

I spoke against a book and a religious figure. I'm sure you agree that's my perogative.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:46 pm
Blind hatred?? Of who?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 06:57 pm
Lash wrote:

In that context, in that tone using inflammatory words deliberately trying to defame a religion and its followers?

Of course. I would call this kind of inflammitory attack on any religion, hatred.

I am against hateful bigotry. Period. The target doesn't matter. It is your perogative to stick to and express your beliefs about Muslims the same as it is Freedom4Free's perogative to express his beliefs about Jews.

Of course it is my perogative (and I feel my responsibility) to oppose these hateful ideas of both of you.

And why the heck would you start this war on this thread? Don't you see you have just ruined the unified response to anti-Semitism. Even if you hate Muslims this is a very non-strategic place to express it.

If you allow the defamation of one group, you allow the defamation of us all. That is what the Holocaust should teach you. The alternative is to remain trapped in a cycle of hatred until it all happens again with a new group as a victim.

If you really believe the Holocaust is evil, then you will work hard to keep it from happening again to anyone. This means resisting prejudice and blind hatred, no matter who the victim is.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:01 pm
If you can show me your post saying the same thing to one of the regulars on the Christian threads, I will accept your censure, and sheepishly retract my description of you as a hypocrite.

Also, you know very well there was NO inference or hint of any negative connotation of anything other than a book and a religious leader.

I'm sure by now you realize this was no mistake. You are in error.

No group was defamed. To pretend it was, is quite dishonest. Show me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:09 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Lash wrote:

In that context, in that tone using inflammatory words deliberately trying to defame a religion and its followers?

It is your perogative to stick to and express your beliefs about Muslims the same as it is Freedom4Free's perogative to express his beliefs about Jews.

Of course it is my perogative (and I feel my responsibility) to oppose these hateful ideas of both of you.

And why the heck would you start this war on this thread? Don't you see you have just ruined the unified response to anti-Semitism. Even if you hate Muslims this is a very non-strategic place to express it.

You made these things up. That is dangerous. You owe me an apology!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:32 pm
The thing is the holocaust would have never happened if the jews hadn't been so jewish.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:32 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Lash wrote:
Thanks, Cliff.

~~~~~~~~~~

Just because.

Lash, Lash, Lash

This has got to be the most unfortunate, ill-conceived and badly timed post in the history of the Internet.

You can't condemn blind hatred by indulging in it....

I am against bigoted hatred, no matter who is the target. You have just ruined the effect of a unified response against hateful ideas by adding your own hateful ideas.

And I was just feeling hopeful again about the good in humanity.

<<sigh>>

Alas...abandon hope all ye who enter here.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:34 pm
<apologize?! wow. carry on, just watching from the sidelines...>
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:40 pm
dyslexia wrote:
The thing is the holocaust would have never happened if the jews hadn't been so jewish.

And the gays so gayish, and the leftists so sinister, and the gypsies so itinerant....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:47 pm
and australians are murderous thieves, and thieving murderers... at least that's what we've been taught in school.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
<apologize?! wow. carry on, just watching from the sidelines...>

He accused me of saying things I didn't say. That does call for an apology. Unless you don't mind if I do that to you. Would that be ok?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:51 pm
I said I'm just watching, I didn't tell anyone to do anything. Granted, i don't see what you want anyone to apologize to you about, but i'm staying out of this.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:53 pm
dyslexia wrote:
I am Jewish.

And if you don't beg to be forgiven, I'll hunt you down like the........
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:58 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
I said I'm just watching, I didn't tell anyone to do anything. Granted, i don't see what you want anyone to apologize to you about, but i'm staying out of this.

This is not what staying out of something looks like.

So, if you don't see what I think he should apologize for, then, obviously you think it's ok to make stuff up and say other people said it.

Good to know.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:59 pm
Chumly wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
I am Jewish.

And if you don't beg to be forgiven, I'll hunt you down like the........

Chumly,

Damn! How many minorities can claim you? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies