Can berating other members be bad for A2k?

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:07 pm
sozobe wrote:
Or, ya know, discuss things on this discussion forum of which we are all members... ;-)

"Discuss" is the key word, as you've so intelligently italicized. Discussion is not synonymous with cruel and infantile reactions or personal attacks.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:12 pm
Right.

And...?

If you think that such discussion can't be had here to the point of advising crayon to get this advice via email, why on earth are you here?
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:24 pm
crayon851 wrote:
Soo can someone care to share some intellect with me Very Happy I am just thursting for knowledge and such and also searching to broaden my vocabulary. My writing seems elementary compared to all of yours.

Please keep in mind, Crayon, there is something more important than vocabulary. Anyone can look up a word in a matter of seconds on the Internet. But it takes intelligence to be able to read and effectively understand what the poster has said.

If you haven't already, you'll discover that either because of carelessness or a lack of a well-rounded education, many people won't really read what you've carefully written. Even if they do, a lot of times they will interpret it through their own prejudiced viewpoint. So what I suggest is to make sure your reading comprehension and English composition skills are up to par. You would be shocked at the number of people who graduate high school who can't diagram sentences. These skills will prove invaluable to you in the future, in ways you might not be aware.

Good Communication: Thoroughly understanding what someone has said, and effectively relaying your thoughts in an acceptable manner are paramount in every area of life.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:26 pm
sozobe wrote:
Right.

And...?

If you think that such discussion can't be had here to the point of advising crayon to get this advice via email, why on earth are you here?

Who said that I said that? Why are you so jumpy? Please re-read what I said, and try to calm down.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:27 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:32 pm
Yes i will ^^ but i only have hotmail if thats okay. And I think i got through to SET, hes offering suggestions now and no longer insulting my posts. I FEEL HAPPY ^^

my email is [email protected]

PLEASE dont mind the childish nature of this address, this was my first email and it has been since grade 7 Very Happy
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:41 pm
sozobe wrote:
Laughing

http://www.chiff.com/graphics/valentine_sma2.gif
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:48 pm
ack i was gonna remove my email to protect me from spam ack *cry*

oh well, I can fight spam head on. With my might lvl 9 Axe that is slotted with several gemstones, granting it several elemental abilities.

If i were to create multiple threads would it be considered spam?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:49 pm
Oooh!

You can contact the moderators and ask them to remove it; there's a "Help" button at the bottom of the screen...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:52 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oooh!

You can contact the moderators and ask them to remove it; there's a "Help" button at the bottom of the screen...

I berate thee.

I berate thee.

I berate thee.

So there!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:53 pm
Are we beratrothed or something now?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:55 pm
I have no idea.

There's no sense to be had around here at present, so expecting me to have, make, or intend, any is clearly an egregious disturbance in the Zeitgeist.

May the fur be with you.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
dlowan wrote:
May the fur be with you.

Oh yeah!!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:58 pm
does this mean the bunny doesn't want to marry me anymore?

Confused

i thought we'd always have each other

<sob>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:00 pm
Noted, and noted.

I need to attend to my daughter who, having completed her drawing, has flopped into my lap and says her head is about to explode from boredom; having become very familiar with the feeling of imminent cranial breach here on A2K over the last few days, I sympathize and will now endeavor to be entertaining. It may involve ducks.

May your stock of polkadotted bandanas never run low.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:00 pm
OHh I hope to remove all sorts of conflicts from this forum ^^ i like making people happy so thats my goal for now. I think i've gotten through to SET so now we are'COOl' this thread I think can now be closed and I will make more threads with hopefully interesting topics, unless anyone thinks this thread should still be opened

How do i close a thread anyway?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:04 pm
crayon851 wrote:
I think i've gotten through to SET

Good luck to you with that way of thinking.

crayon851 wrote:
How do i close a thread anyway?

You don't.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:08 pm
You can abandon a thread - cease visiting it, turn off Updates if you've turned 'em on, but pretty much once a thread's opened, its open, apart from rare, generally temporary instances that pretty much involve stuff you prolly don't wanna get involved with - or at least shouldn't wanna get involved with.
0 Replies

PoetSeductress

crayon851 wrote:
ack i was gonna remove my email to protect me from spam ack *cry*

oh well, I can fight spam head on. With my might lvl 9 Axe that is slotted with several gemstones, granting it several elemental abilities.

If i were to create multiple threads would it be considered spam?

Some people here, as I mentioned, place their email address in their profile... not on the messageboard! Smile Regardless, your email should have a bulk folder file that you can simply click to empty any inevitable spam that makes its way into your mailbox.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Could a person have worse luck than to pick a fight with Set on her fourth day? Laughing I promise, your luck will improve.
0 Replies