Can berating other members be bad for A2k?

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:16 am
Actually it's a roll of nickels.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:19 am
There are fifty dimes in a roll, but only forty nickels . . . so, i guess Sturgis admits to coming up short . . . again . . .
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:22 am
Setanta wrote:
There are fifty dimes in a roll, but only forty nickels . . . so, i guess Sturgis admits to coming up short . . . again . . .
Yes but the nickels are bigger around...so I have achieved the thickness you so desire.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:24 am
You got nothin' i'm interested in, silly little man . . . talk to the Bear . . .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:28 am
no no... don't talk to me....
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:32 am
Drat...I've been doubly rejected and the day is just starting.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:29 am
Quote:
="Setanta"Several members, such as Dys and Phoenix, laughed and joked about the age thing.

Of course we laughed. If we didn't, we'd have to cry! Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:02 am
Drat. I came here expecting to see a lot of name calling.

Wake me when it gets interesting.

In the meantime, here is a picture of a pirate kitty:

http://blog.tp.org/stacy/archives/piratekitty.jpg
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 09:40 am
AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

It's so, like, fierce!
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:47 am
WHEN DID I LAUGH AT YOUR TOPIC SET? Maybe if you weren't so paranoid, then you wouldn't have seen my post the way you did. The question was simply, how old are you, and JUST THAT. NO sarcasm, not intentions of being snide, it was an honest question. Why would I state in other posts that I've come here to LEARN from people here, because they seem to have a high intellect as well, their writing skills are in my opinion flawless compared to mine. I STATED THAT I WANTED TO LEARN IN OTHER POSTS AND IN MY THREADS. I DIDNT COME HERE TO ask "SNIDELY" about your ages, all I wanted to do was see if I had to catch up if you people were around my age, or if not then I didnt have to be in such a hurry to get to the level of their intelligence and writing ability.

STOP BEING PARANOID, why would I join a A2K specifically to ask about the ages sarcastically and with negative intentions? I could have easily done that on any other forum could I not?

IF you took my post the wrong way IM SORRY, you took my post the wrong way. I did not join this forum intentionally to make snide comments, there are many other forums which i could have done so. I still dont see how you got the sarcasm in my age question... W/E I'm putting this behind me and hopefully you will too and actually even consider whether your posts towards me was warranted.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:53 am
crayon851 wrote:
Does insulting and berating individuals cause distress and tension amongst a internet community such as this?
. . .
These individuals are making snide remarks and are also responding in such a way that their arrogance radiates like a glowing aura.
. . .
What are your thoughts on this? Am I right to make a statement such as this?

crayon851 wrote:
Maybe if you weren't so paranoid, then you wouldn't have seen my post the way you did.
STOP BEING PARANOID . . .

Have you ever heard of Freedom of Speech? And by the way, it appears you are doing some insulting and berating in your message above.

Kettle, meet pot.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 10:58 am
I give as I get, and if you didnt read the last statement in the post, I apologized for him reading it the wrong way because I never had any intention of making negative comments or for my comments to be taken in such a way.

Do you honestly th ink that "HOW OLD ARE YOU ^^" is a snide commment?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:00 am
Crayon851,

Welcome to A2K! Facts are just that facts. There are some on A2K that seem to take delight in berating others for whatever reason. There are those that will not do it no matter what. There are those that will think the worst of someone immediately and those that will give some the benefit of a doubt.

It's just the way it is. Whether it is right or wrong is no longer the issue. It's just something you have to put up with if you post on A2K. It's very hard to get tone across and there is no body language to help either.

And in all honesty, Crayon851, I think A2K would be a very dull place for many if there were no dissention of any sort. I am sorry that your initial introduction was not as warm a welcome as it could have been. PoetSeductress seems to be pretty wise. She gives good advice.

So, just choose who and what you would respond to and try to roll with the punches. Oh yeah, and to some an apology will never help.
0 Replies

crayon851

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:19 am
As I said earlier, I am sorry you read the post the wrong way and it was not my intention for you to do so. If you could, please show me the sarcasm and snideness in my question. As I said before, I am not here looking to cause trouble, all I want to do is learn since you all seem so wise and intelligent. Now if you will, please can I know your ages? ^^ it would be very great if you could disclose your ages to me so I know whether my level of intelligence and writing ability is where it should be. Please do not take this question with any negativity. Set, again sorry that you read my post wrong hopefully we can put this behind us. ^^ And walter, the first impression is usually a lasting one right? And from what I have seen from SET, that was my first impression of A2K, which is why this topic was created to begin with.

NO HARMFUL INTENTIONS HERE, Honest.

So far I think MA has probably been the nicest person I've met on A2K hopefully I can recieve the same impression from teh res of the community
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:22 am
crayon851,

I appreciate the thought. But, let me warn you. I am persona non grata around these parts right now. I don't want you receiving any flack because of me.

I hope your stay is an enjoyable one.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:30 am
extra medium wrote:
Have you ever heard of Freedom of Speech?

If I have to post this one more time, I think that I am going to throw up. Freedom of speech has nothing whatsoever to do with what one can or cannot write on a private internet forum. On A2K what one is not permitted to write is clearly explained in the TOS to which one agreed when one joined the site.

The term "Freedom of Speech" comes from the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution. It refers to the parameters that Congress has in enacting laws.

Damn. I swear that I am going to copy this post and save it on my hard drive. I am sick to death of posting this over and over to people who don't understand the concept. Didn't everybody learn about "Freedom of Speech" in civics class?

Quote:
Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:31 am
Calm down Phoenix.. is that purple thing on your forehead a vein? Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:41 am
BBB
I want to know everyone's age---right now!

BBB Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:44 am
50 Laughing
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 12:16 pm
crayon851 wrote:

Do you honestly th ink that "HOW OLD ARE YOU ^^" is a snide commment?

It could be:

What is your favorite color of crayon?
How old are you?
0 Replies