MEN F**K..... WOMEN MAKE LOVE

Misti26

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:17 pm
You can rationalize until you're blue in the face, but you ain't gonna change human nature!

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:19 pm
"rationalize"?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:33 pm
I don't necessarily think people 'change', but they can learn to think differently and open themselves up to differences of opinion.

I don't think my ex would have apologised to me recently for his behavior during our marriage if people couldn't change.

The 'general rule' of human/animal nature is to repopulate. But, I don't believe it's the rule of the land anymore.

We've 'grown-up', so to speak.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 12:38 am
Slappy
Not a chance, LOL!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 12:42 am
I can't help but wonder what ever happened to true love. My great grandparents held hands until they died. They both live to a ripe old age of somewhere in their 90's and after my great grandmother died, it wasn't long after that my great grandfather died as he was lost without her. Now that's love.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 03:05 am
A couple of years ago I saw a story in the newspaper under the heading "Married life ends in dead heat". On one of the Pacific Islands (I don't remember which) a couple in their 90's who'd been married for 71 years died in their sleep during their afternoon nap, within an hour of each other.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:08 am
errrrr, sex is easier than love. much easier.
Thank you very much.
Often more fun too. Love can be very problematic, annoying, challenging, demanding. All that good stuff.
If it weren't for sex being part of the overall deal, I'd have fairly little interest in partner love.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:15 am
Some of you may be interested in:

MALE MENOPAUSE FROM A WOMAN'S POINT OF VIEW

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=180361#180361
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:21 am
You know, I think the "good" generation xers are changing the parameters a bit - but the kind of young men I tend to be dealing with:

boy+ casual sex=good, scoring, all that stuff

girl+casual sex=easy, slut, rag, and all that bad stuff

And I have to say a lot of the more enlightened boy xers, if you really get 'em being honest, still have the double standard - they are just cooler about it.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:24 am
True romance, fidelity are both still alive and well. Although perhaps to a lesser extent. Bad marriages have and will always be with us.
I think that these days we live in a world & in societies where people have become greedier and more self centered as we have become more affluent. Morals have become more lax, crime rates have risen, respect for other people and property has declined quite noticeably. We are all fair game and none of us are fireproof.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:24 am
call me easy, and all that good stuff.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 05:27 am
Hi, easyBeth........heehehehehehehehehheh running....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 06:15 am
Wilso wrote:
A couple of years ago I saw a story in the newspaper under the heading "Married life ends in dead heat". On one of the Pacific Islands (I don't remember which) a couple in their 90's who'd been married for 71 years died in their sleep during their afternoon nap, within an hour of each other.

Wilso
Wow! That's really something.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 09:50 am
Sounds like a lot of people here have made up their minds that recreational sex and meaningful relationships are mutually exclusive.

Both can exist.

In fact, it can be argued that even people in meaningful relationships can have an occasional bit of recreational sex. It doesn't have to be as destructive as some want to think it inherently is.

We got to grow up sexually. We are still infants in that department.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 03:33 pm
Frank, do you mean recreational sex inside or outside the marriage?

If the former, I agree -- it's not like all married sex is spiritual, eye-gazing, two-shall-become-one stuff. It can also include... (self-edit, self-edit, self-edit) I'll say less elevated expressions of physicality.

If the latter, I disagree.
0 Replies

midnight

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 08:37 am
Agree with Frank on this one. And I don't take issue with recreational sex outside of marriage if both partners are ok with it. I don't think its sign of immaturity to be able to have sex just for the sake of sex. but at the same time I don't think its healthy to not be able to integrate love and sex either. I think a lot of our concepts of gender and sexual behavior are more social constructs then inherent behaviors. Sex is sex and mixed with love its one powerful experience.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 09:16 am
I have found this interaction as generally positive and constructive. I appreciate your efforts.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 09:23 am
You've come in from the cold M/P. Grab a duvet and get warmed up.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 12:26 pm
sozobe wrote:
Frank, do you mean recreational sex inside or outside the marriage?

If the former, I agree -- it's not like all married sex is spiritual, eye-gazing, two-shall-become-one stuff. It can also include... (self-edit, self-edit, self-edit) I'll say less elevated expressions of physicality.

If the latter, I disagree.

Well certainly there can be recreational sex inside the marriage. In fact, many married couples engage in recreational sex often.

I suspect you mean that you do not approve of married couples engaging in recreational sex with someone other than their spouse.

Hey, for me -- I prefer only my everlovin' -- but if other couples want to fool around and have recreational sex with partners other than their spouses -- who am I to condemn it.

I advocate no restrictions whatever on sex beteen concenting adults. And I refuse to be judgemental about people who engage in sexual conduct I personally do not favor for myself.

I also acknowledge that "cheating" on a partner is reprehensible, childish, and destructive of marriages.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2003 02:08 pm
Right, as you and midnight point out, I was talking specifically about "cheating". If both partners are fine with it, whatever.
0 Replies