Check that horoscope!

drom et reve

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 09:01 am
I'm talking about this: can you see it? wrote:

http://xlcus.com/photos/2001-10-28-mybdcake/half/mybdcake05h.jpg
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 11:07 am
No, I can't see anything but the cat photo. Is that weird or what? Maybe it is due to my computer being infested?
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 11:16 am
Maybe! It flashes up a URL over here, in big black letters... :S!!

0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 01:14 pm
Does it flash on your posting, too?

I deleted it and have copied the culprit here, sans a half-bracket so we could dissect it. Aha. It's link starts with xlcus - - whatever that means!

[img]http://xlcus.com/photos/2001-10-28-mybdcake/half/mybdcake05h.jpg[/img

Sorry about the annoying flash. I tried to copy a more amusing flash here, but think I have to wait until it is approved (if it is) for the Gallery.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 01:19 pm
I can see the cat now! It's adorable!

You couldn't see anything but the words xclus.com flashing, was what I was trying to say, Piffka!

0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 01:37 pm
Weird, isn't it? There must be some good reason.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 07:23 pm
<sob>
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 11:20 pm
??

You didn't like the Virgo horoscope?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 11:26 pm
I think some of these websites with commercial artwork protect them by just flashing their names.

Anyway, here's my really whimsical horoscope for today:
Feel free to act on your whims today, Clare. Regardless of how far-fetched something may seem, the fact is that it is probably right up your ally. You may feel like a little kid who is about to walk into a fairy-tale story. Don't let pangs of reality hold you back from doing what you really want to do. Join with others who share similar fantasies and feel free to leave behind those who don't.

So far I have finished editing my last chapters, and had the HBO channel on in the background with 2 not-very-good instantly forgotten movies. Now it's 8 legged freaks, which I am going to turn off. But I'm waiting for a whim to strike!!

Hey Olga, don't sob!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 06:12 am
Piffka wrote:
??

You didn't like the Virgo horoscope?

It's all this stuff about being some sort of volatile work in progress! A bit or unadulterated nirvana would be so nice!!!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 06:15 am
I like your horoscope, Clary, especially the bit about not letting "the pangs of reality" hold you back! Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:21 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:21 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 03:38 am
msolga wrote:
It's all this stuff about being some sort of volatile work in progress! A bit or unadulterated nirvana would be so nice!!!!!

If only things were as simple as that. I should tell that to everyone, if I went into quack-astrology, but I would hate to let them down.

O well. It's better than telling you to put a kick-me sign on your back; that was very strange...

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 06:07 pm
Absolutely, drom! Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 08:46 am
Here's Rob Breszny's Weekly 'scopes:

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Soon the stakes will be higher, the rewards greater, and the judges tougher. You'll have a chance to show who you *really* are in a bigger, bolder way, and that will be exhilarating. But you'll also be *expected* to show who you *really* are in a bigger, bolder way, which could be daunting. The key to success is for you to concentrate so hard on the fun parts of the challenge that you'll render the scary parts irrelevant.

As usual, we can concentrate on fun, Clary. Cool Dang... it's good to be a Sag.

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Historians estimate that at least 25 percent of all the gold ever mined lies at the bottom of the oceans, stuck inside ships that have sunk. Similarly, Jungian psychologists believe that in the depth of our psyches, there are great treasures moldering away, unclaimed by our conscious egos. For you Geminis, this September is the diving season - the time when you're most likely to be successful if you descend into the murky abyss and try to retrieve those lost riches.

Drom -- sounds like you will continue to be very deep.

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): In reviewing the film, "Catwoman," the *San Francisco Chronicle's* Mick LaSalle coined a phrase that describes a mood many of you Scorpios are now prone to: festive pessimism. Frankly, my dear, I would love to talk you into shedding that state. It may give you an aura of murky intrigue, but it's so much less than what the astrological omens say you could possess. The fact of the matter is that the cosmos wants to bless you with an abundance of emotional riches right now. If you agree to suspend some of your jaded attitudes and cynical ideas, you'll be showered with experiences that will justify a full-blown outbreak of festive optimism.

Fortune -- I love the idea of festive optimism as well as festive pessimism. Do these sound familiar to you?

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes," says "Dilbert" cartoonist Scott Adams. "Art is knowing which
ones to keep." According to my analysis of the astrological omens, Pisces, August was your time to embody the first part of Adams' formula. During these past few weeks, I hope you gave yourself permission to unleash many fertile booboos. September, on the other hand, should be devoted to carrying out Adams' second proposal. Which of August's missteps might have marked the raw, imperfect appearance of ideas that will eventually turn out to be useful and brilliant?

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): In Greek mythology, Narcissus was the gorgeous demigod who had no desire for intimate relationships but fell desperately in love with his own reflection. From his name comes the word "narcissist," which refers to a person who is excessively self-involved, has an inflated sense of importance, and compulsively craves admiration. I've always suspected that Virgos are the least narcissistic sign in the zodiac. Many of you underestimate your self-worth and don't treat yourself with enough loving kindness. In fact, I sometimes get a mischievous urge to advise you to be *more* of a narcissist - like now, for instance. Here's an experiment I wish you would do: Spend 20 minutes in front of a mirror telling yourself how beautiful you are.

OK, Ms.Olga -- You get two... find those brilliant mistakes while telling yourself that you are fantastic and beautiful!
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 10:09 am
Oh, I've been very festively optimistic lately!

As a matter of fact I've been rather disgustingly pleased with myself. Not for any one reason but rather for a myriad of small ones which have added up in the last little while to give me an almost repulsively healthy attitude.

I tell you, if all this optimism keeps up it'll scare off my muse!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 04:29 am
"OK, Ms.Olga -- You get two... find those brilliant mistakes while telling yourself that you are fantastic and beautiful! "

Thanks, Piffka!
I make mistakes of all sorts, not just the briiliant ones! Laughing

I am fantastic & beautiful
I am fantastic & beautiful ....

Not sure that it's working, Piffka! Laughing
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 08:06 am
Of course it is MsOlga... I can tell it from your posts. You've always been both fantastic and beautiful.

Don't you love Fortune's festive optimism, too?

You both are so lucky to be looking forward to spring and summer, whereas up here in the pro-podes, the chill of winter is colliding with the heat of our summer. September... <sigh>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:00 pm
Piffka wrote:
Of course it is MsOlga... I can tell it from your posts. You've always been both fantastic and beautiful.

Ooooooooooh, you say the nicest things, Piffka! May I hire you as my personal motivator? Very Happy
0 Replies