I need a spot to rant about work......Ya wanna' help?

msolga

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:36 am
Silly you, TerryD! Laughing Laughing Laughing
(Hope you haven't caught the dreaded office cold, too!)
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 08:30 am
It all started with the executive secretary......We've got to stop sharing phones!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 07:41 am
It's SARS! It's SARS! Send the quarantine team (try saying that real fast a dozen times!)
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2003 05:54 pm
Well, I'm certain it's not the Plague....that only lasts 72 hours....I'd be dead by now.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:05 am
Hear ye! Hear ye! I've found the cure for the common cold!

Brew yourself a nice cup of extra creamy hot chocolate, then drop in a splash of Southern Comfort. NyQuil, SchmyQuil!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:22 am
I'm on my 10th day in a row in a 13 days in a row thing, I'm not a happy puppy now, don't give me any sharp or blunt objects on sunday, for your own security! Drunk
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:27 am
or cocoa, vodka, and peppermint schnapps, if you please...
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2003 09:50 am
<hiding all objects from bigdice that may be used as weapons>
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 06:47 am
gimme a plastic container in which I can have some hard liqour on sunday, my last day in this 13 day horror...
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 07:12 am
Boss sucker punched me into working Sunday or I'd join you.
<handing bigdice a flimsy paper cup>
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 07:39 am
Well my boss went on vacation on the Freedom riviera in France, and left me, the 2 cooks, and his retired parents to run the restaurant.... We're usually closed mondays, but easter monday was open, and... what the f**k, hand me that cup, will ya!
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 07:50 am
Let's do a journey into time, coming sunday, in a bar near me; Drunk
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2003 09:40 pm
BD: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh! <hangin' me 'ead> Poor Urs!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 06:37 am
<Fixing a gigantic pitcher of mimosas for bigdice and slipping it into the refrigerator so he can pull it out when he wakes up. Throwing together an assorted basket of home baked muffins and setting them on the counter next to the fridge. Sneaking off to work.>
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 12:06 pm
I have good news to report from the workfront. (I guess it's off-topic!) A co-worker told me Thursday that she had an upcoming project for me which involved looking up legal documents on microfiche. (I haven't used one of those machines in more than 20 years, but I remember that they're a pain.) When I saw the spreadsheet that I would be working from, I did a little math, and here were the results:

If I could research one document per minute Shocked for 7 hours a day Shocked Shocked it would take me 6 weeks to complete this project. Yes, there are 12,500 documents on the list - she neglected to mention that little fact. Rolling Eyes

I talked to the boss about it on Friday. He agreed that this would probably be a waste of time! He will discuss it with said co-worker next week!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 05:59 pm
<passing the salt in case someone wants to rub it in the coworker's wound once the boss gets through with her>
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 07:31 pm
Asking for prayers from everyone tonight.....

That we'll be able to meet one more payroll period. I have half of the funds already, but I'm very worried about getting the rest of it.

I have a strange feeling that this next week will prove to be the demise of my property.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 08:44 pm
Oh my goodness, Rae - that's awful! I'll be thinking good thoughts. Please keep us posted.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2003 11:11 pm
Rae, you write the checks. Make sure yours is cashed before the others are handed out.

What kind of boss is that supposed to be, macsm? Sounds like mine for the first five minutes after listening to some touchy/feely audio tape seminar.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2003 06:41 am
Lol, roger! My boss is somewhat new to management, and is still a nice guy. I know it won't last.
0 Replies