I need a spot to rant about work......Ya wanna' help?

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:12 pm
So finish those dang smokes and go visit those babies!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:16 pm
lol, ehBeth! Gimme a break! I'll need a few days after the last smoke ~ to get rid of any nasty withdrawal symptoms. Don't want to scare my niece or nephew now, do I?!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:57 pm
My experience is that kiddie hugs help a lot when getting over ciggies.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 06:59 pm
lol.....you don't give up, do ya?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:11 pm
the only reason i came over tonight was to check on you!
you thought i was a givin'-up type?
WRONG!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:20 pm
You know, in 5 1/2 years that 5 1/2 packs don't mean nothing - best time to stop is when stopping is the reason Laughing And grandkids are a real good reason Shocked Cool Laughing
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:22 pm
Here yah go kids, this should keep you occupied for awhile!

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/

http://www.lungusa.org/tobacco/quitting_smoke.html

http://www.quitting-smoking.net/

http://quitsmoking.about.com/

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?id=1380289000000000
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:31 pm
Thanks for checkin on me, ehBeth! That's very kind of you.

Goodness! I hope I don't have any grandchildren out there! I'll kill my son!

Give it up, Ma. When I'm done with these 5 and a half packs, that's when it's over.

But, maybe the links will help someone else!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:38 pm
I think you're all in the wrong thread, this is the "working" thread, or is it me? Wrong-way Corrigan:)
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:53 pm
Had to change my "day" to Friday, because I'm not finished with my project.

But I will be sitting in a hot tub tomorrow afternoon.

Whew-Hoo!!!!!!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 07:54 pm
Attagirl, dupre! Very Happy
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 08:15 am
Misti26 wrote:
I think you're all in the wrong thread, this is the "working" thread, or is it me? Wrong-way Corrigan:)

Misti--I don't mind the "water cooler conversation" once in a while. Besides I, for one, have been too busy to rant. Let me gather my thoughts and perhaps I'll have a good one for you as I begin my vacation tomorrow morning.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 08:20 am
Re: I need a spot to rant about work......Ya wanna' help?
I think I just found a more work related post to post. I went back to page one so I could copy the URL and I reread the post that began this thread. (I had forgotten my original rant.):

TerryDoolittle wrote:
I usually rant about work at work. I blow off a bit of steam and I'm done, but I'm getting a laugh out of a coworker's brass ones: This woman hasn't worked more than two five day weeks since mid-January. I mean WTF? She went home at like noon today because she was "getting a cold." Oh poor baby! I've already put in about sixty hours so far this week and my next day off is Tuesday. What I want to say to her is GET REAL and GROW THE F*** UP! Someone made the mistake of asking me what was wrong with her and I said, "five day work week." She can't figure out why she's been in the same job for five years and still hasn't been promoted even though she brings the boss coffee every day. He's not stupid; he's going to keep her around as long as he can so he doesn't have to pay for his own coffee. I've known this guy (the boss) for almost half my life and I can tell you he may let you THINK he appreciates ass kissers, but he actually has no respect for them whatsoever. Moron.

Anyhow, remember a few weeks back when I posted that there had been layoffs at work including two managers? The above mentioned "ass kisser" was one of those two. It's all about karma.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 08:23 am
Very Happy Glad to hear it, TerryD! I'm a big believer in karma.

My very annoying slacker co-worker switched cubicles last week, so at least I don't have to listen to her on the days when she shows up! Very Happy
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2003 06:52 pm
Edited.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 03:58 pm
Some good news at work lately: I'm finally feeling like I've got some control over my new assignments so last week was probably the last seven day work week for me until <pause to scratch kitty belly> Christmas. I've felt as though I'm micromanaging lately and I HATE it but my predecessor was not a very good trainer...perhaps that would explain why she had 110% employee turnover so far this year. Anyhow, because I took over an area with virtually no staff, most of my old staff will follow me at the beginning of August. I've already jumped the highest hurdles and now I'm on vacation for the next eleven days!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 04:02 pm
I've got a standing appointment out at the pool, Terry. Can I pull up another lounge chair for ya? We can put the keg on the porch ~ just have to walk across the lawn to get to it.

Congratulations, girl ~ you deserve it! Very Happy
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 04:12 pm
Thanks, Rae. That sounds like a great idea!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 04:27 pm
Instead of teaching the kitties how to paint, bring them with! Hire someone to paint!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2003 04:27 pm
Never mind. I'll bring my cats up there and I'll help you paint!
0 Replies