I need a spot to rant about work......Ya wanna' help?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 04:30 pm
Jim, You're doing what I did before I got my discharge from the US Air Force. That one day sticks in my mind as one of the happiest day in my life. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 05:59 pm
roger wrote:
Tough rules to fire a slacker, Terry? You should see the requirements to be met before you can test "for cause" a CDL truck driver.

I can imagine. There's bureaucracy wherever you go.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 07:04 pm
people who hold a commercial drivers license are fine upstanding individuals who are forced to share the road with crazed motorists. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 07:36 pm
pueo, I don't know about you, but I've had bad experiences with crazed truck drivers too! The one that's most irritating is when they cut you off knowing full well you're not going to argue with them. c.i.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:07 pm
Pueo,

Har de har har har.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 10:25 pm
gggrrrrrrrr. Wink
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 12:00 am
methinks you two are casting aspersions on cdl holders. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 04:55 am
I'm staying outta' this one......
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 08:18 am
I think the passion is gone.....Doesn't anybody rant about work anymore? Where the hell is Sugar when you need her?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 10:29 am
I'll rant, Terry! The boss just brought me a pile of work because our resident slacker called in sick again. She has told various co-workers that she intends to use every sick day available to her - up to the point where they start docking your pay... so far she's averaging about one sick day a week. This in addition to the 3 weeks of vacation she gets! God, don't get me started about this woman...
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:39 pm
I'm here! And away we go.......

The engineers I work with are so inept at there jobs that they've come up with a new strategy. They just continue to open help tickets with IT so that they will make drastic changes to the database. This way everything will be so bogged in process and shifted out of their queues that they won't have to do any work at all. I have mentioned that they don't do any work anyway, hence the workflow issue, but they are too busy playing Quake to hear me. I have told them that 'engineer slave' is NOT in my title and they can either kiss my shiny white ass or fork over their paychecks. Neither of these things has happened as of this writing.

Back in November we had lay-offs. However, my department had an empty spot and I interviewed a perfect candidate. Nevertheless, the girl that runs reports for our VP was on the block so instead of hiring someone qualified we had to absorb her into the group. She hasn't learned a thing, she doesn't do enough to keep warm, and she manages to get away with working only 6 1/2 hours a day. My manager insists that I put up with this asinine behavior. I have told him that 'coworker babysitter' is NOT in my title and she can either kiss my shiny white ass or fork over her paycheck. Neither of these things has happened as of this writing.

We shut down one of our offices and hired a third-party to house equipment for us. These people apparently cannot count or read as I have yet to receive a reliable inventory from anyone in the warehouse. The finance department wants an accurate count for analyst reporting and yet one of the guys in finance was at this location not 2 months ago and 'forgot' to get me an accurate inventory. I was asked to go to Chicago for 4 days to do an inventory that we already pay a third party to maintain. I told them 'traveling warehouse b1tch' is NOT in my title and they can either kiss my shiny white ass or fork over their paychecks. Neither of these things has happened as of this writing.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:50 pm
macsm--I couldn't use every available sick day if I tried. That's the problem! The one REAL perk to my job is that If I were to get REALLY sick, I'd get 100% of my pay because sick days are built in from day one. Damn! I gotta' become a slacker.

Sug--I knew I could count on you. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 09:55 pm
Dang! Well, it looks we should all have good job security, anyway, but given the general perversity of the universe. . .
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2003 08:14 am
Y'know I'm gonna be going around all day saying "kiss my shiny white ass and fork over your paycheck"
Doh!
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 04:07 pm
Heeven wrote:
Y'know I'm gonna be going around all day saying "kiss my shiny white ass and fork over your paycheck"
Doh!

I just have to remember that one for the next meeting with our regional director of customer service......That's a rant best saved for when I've calmed down a bit.......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 08:25 pm
TD, You sound like my wife; never took a day off from work from being sick. She's been sick, but refuses to stay home. I've taken my 'fair share' of sick days during my working life, but I've also worked more hours than the average joe. c.i.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 08:45 pm
Sugar? What are you gonna do?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 10:42 pm
Every office has an asskisser ... sooner or later, they go away!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 10:48 pm
Misti

From my experience I notice they often get promoted by their buddy, the boss! Rolling Eyes Confused
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 02:43 am
c.i.--I'm one of those "take a few hours off" people. I'd rather go to work and accomplish something than sit at home and be miserable, so I'll call and say I'll be a couple of hours late, try to get a bit more sleep, then go in. I find I usually feel better as the day wears on so just going in later helps. I did it on Friday because I was ill (there's now a nasty cold going around work, so we're all coughing); I went in around 9:30 instead of the usual 8:15 and I was in pretty good shape by noon. Of course, it was brought to my attention Saturday afternoon that I had misread the schedule and was actually off on Friday....the boss got a healthy laugh out of that one.
0 Replies