Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 2 May, 2003 12:48 pm
And who knows, that just might happen. But for now, here's wishing you gals a fantabulous meeting in Austin. I can't wait to hear all about it. Laughing
0 Replies

max

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 09:18 am
Mac is a wonderful person, with a great sense of humor. I really enjoyed meeting her!! Very Happy
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 05:05 pm
Ditto for Max. We talked our heads off! Very Happy Does this count as a mini Texas gathering?
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 4 May, 2003 06:30 pm
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:1nUyqa2dVYMC:www.chem.nthu.edu.tw/congratulations.gif
That had to have been the "The Best Little Mini-Meeting in Texas" ever held. I only wish I could have been there. Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:23 pm
My plans for attending have changed I might make it but my record is as a no show so please do not expect me in Austin. If I show up great but I am tired of sending regrets it is much better to bow out now.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 06:56 pm
Okay so when is it again that we are meeting? Have we set a time and date and location? I am all confused now....
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 07:41 pm
Hi marycat,

The consensus of the group back in April was that we should wait until the fall to get together. The last weekend proposed was October 11-14.

We never got as far as talking where or times of day, etc. Now that you're an Austin resident, maybe you can help us find the perfect place?! Very Happy

I got a great deal on a hotel room at ExtendedStayAmerica when I was there a few weeks ago...the nightly rate was $52 (if I'm recalling correctly) and the room was great.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 07:46 pm
*whew*

I was worried that if JD already had to send her regrets, that it must be coming up very soon, and I'd missed the final planning stages somehow or other!

Anyway, yes, I am now an official Austinite! Woohoo! Keep Austin Weird! And so forth. I am also destitute, so it is good for me that we are waiting a little while longer. Gives me a little more time to save money. It would be too difficult to choose between a Gathering and paying my rent!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 07:58 pm
But, if we all crashed in your apartment, mc, you could charge us rent!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:03 pm
If you don't mind our appalling lack of furniture, we'd love to have you!

Of course, if we still have no furniture by October, something is Very Very Wrong.

I will bake and cook for anyone brave enough to stay here. :-) Currently, there are oatmeal raisin cookies and whole wheat sourdough. Tomorrow, there will be sauteed chicken breasts, broccoli, and Something Else.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:05 pm
Hey, I've got a sleeping-bag! And even though every bone in my body cracks upon waking up in the morning, I can still sit Indian-style!

Furniture? Who needs it?! :wink:
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:12 pm
:-D

Our make-shift furniture makes me laugh. There are three TV trays together on one side of the living room, functioning as a desk. (There is no TV.) There is an old table with two folding chairs in the dining area. There's a futon that is referred to affectionately as "the mortuary slab" in the bedroom.

Most of this is borrowed or inherited. We had real furniture in New York, most of which we had bought or built from kits, but we had to sell it all off to move.

It's as though I am back in college, building shelves with cinder blocks and found lumber. I moved to Texas and became miraculously ten years younger...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:13 pm
If you're happy, what else matters?

Nuttin. Very Happy
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:14 pm
:-D

So when are you coming out to visit, hmm?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:26 pm
This sounds great marycat! Me and the wifey (we'll leave the three kids at home) will show up next week with sleeping bags in tow and stay until the October gathering - Cool

Seriously though, October 11-14 still sounds like a great time table for us. We might be through Austin about the middle of August for a last of the summer family trip to Sea World. Love to get a mini gathering going about that time - say a dinner somewhere or something of that nature.

Will keep monitoring the sight and looking forward to seeing every one somewhere at sometime - Laughing
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:31 pm
marycat ~ if I can make it to your neck of the woods, at any given time, you'll be the first to know!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:47 pm
Rae, excellent! The door is always open. Um, except if we're both at work, in which case it will open again when we return home!

BillW, sure, but families pay double rent. ;-)

August sounds so far away, but it will be here before we know it, I'm sure!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 08:52 pm
Uh oh.....the open door policy has been issued.....You're in for big trouble now, mc!

It's a two-way street, by the way ~ if you're ever in Florida, my door is always open.....if I'm at work, just bug one of my neighbors ~ they can fill you in on all the wild parties Mom and I have.....that'll kill plenty of time until I get home..... Rolling Eyes

Honest ~ Texas ~ I want to visit.....And I will drag along Joanne kicking and screaming, whether she likes it or not!
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 09:03 pm
Wild parties? Intriguing...
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 25 May, 2003 09:16 pm
Yes. Wild parties.

I'm sorry.

Hi. I am Rae. I live with my Mom, Misti. We've lived in the same condo for two years and the neighbors have started a petition to kick us out because we never invite them to our parties.

Losers. Twisted Evil
0 Replies