Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

Ethel2

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 09:43 pm
this is sounding like fun
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 09:52 pm
If our son is still in Austin, it might be a maybe for me and my mrs. It'll depend a great deal on a) dates of the A2K Austin Gathering, b) if our son is still living there, c) if my wife can get off of work on those dates, and d) I don't have a conflct on dates. c.i.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2003 10:16 pm
I've driven through Texas.....that's about it.....

Can I come to this gathering, too?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 06:58 am
All A2Kers are welcome! It'd be great to meet y'all! Very Happy
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:57 am
YIPPEE! I want pictures - lots and lots of pictures and a complete, thorough, concise report of everything you do. Laughing I'm getting excited.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:11 am
I'm tied up on the first weekend in May. I'll be in New York then. But I will be in Dallas the next weekend after and I'm fairly flexible then. Although I may be moving in May. We'll see when I know the dates.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:19 am
Checking my calendar......The weekends of June 13-15 and the next weekend June 20-22 is taken as well.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 10:21 am
How does the first weekend in June look, Lola?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 03:42 pm
The first weekend in June is fine with me. As I said, I'll be moving sometime around this time, so unless that interferes, I'll be there.
0 Replies

TechnoGuyRob

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:36 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 04:49 pm
The only time period I can guarantee is October 18,19,20 & 21 time period! Other than that would have to be checked when known. I realize that this date is a long time off!

I could make it without my wife, but she is the much better half! Cool
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:04 pm
Woohoo! Gathering!

So exciting!

Lessee, May 23 - 26 are BAD for me because we will be in North Carolina for a wedding. There is another wedding that we may or may not have to (erm, rather, may or may not be able to) attend, one week later.

Other than that, my calendar looks clear for now.

Hey, by the way, we're in Texas! Yippee! It's WARM here! And gorgeous. And green. And blue and red and yellow. I like it here.

:-)

We went up to Austin over the weekend, looking for apartments and jobs and cars. We should have at least one of the three in the next week, preferably all three. Until then, we are staying in separate rooms in Brian's parents' house. I can't wait until we have our own place again.

By the way, does anyone know of any really really cheap apartments or cars available around Austin or San Antonio? Or bartender or bar manager jobs?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:52 pm
BTW, where in the world is Texas? Wink c.i.
0 Replies

max

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 07:52 pm
hmmmmmmm.Let me think on that marycat
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Mon 7 Apr, 2003 08:47 pm
Thanks, max!

We've seen a lot in the $600 - $700 range (for apartments, that is!)

Many of the places we've seen are really nice, but we're wondering if, being destitute and all, we might be able to find something a bit cheaper. And not in the student ghettos. But with a usable kitchen. I am a pro, after all. We don't need an enormous palace, we just need a clean place to sleep. And something to drive.

I appreciate your thinking on it for us, even if nothing turns up.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 05:54 pm
Get a house today marycat?
0 Replies

hmorehead

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 07:18 pm
I am already here. May I join y'all? 78704.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2003 08:36 pm
Of course, hmorehead! And welcome to A2K!

We're waiting a few more days to hear from assorted Texans so we can find a weekend that will be good for all. So keep an eye on this thread, and you'll be in the loop... Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 12:56 am
I will be at the New Mexico gathering May 25th can we make it any month but may.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2003 08:58 am
Absolutely, Joanne. I'm beginning to think that May is probably coming up too soon anyway. I have plans every weekend in June until the final weekend. How does the weekend of June 27-29 look for y'all? Speak up! The more the merrier!

I'll take a closer look at the suggestions we've received for meeting places today. Any other thoughts on places?
0 Replies