littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:17 pm
The land of the fisherman and the artist. The battle ground of the locals vs the tourists. The beach and the bay and the kettle ponds. The longest stretch of national seashore which came about due to some famous fans like Thoreau.

Do you love it? Here's a place to discuss all things cape cod.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 51 • Views: 92,703 • Replies: 371
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:26 pm
I will have to listen the only place on the Cape I have been to is the park on the hook, my partner on that particular trip would not pull into any of the towns along the way so all I saw saw a not so quaint road. The exception was of course the beautiful beach on the tip (cannot remember the name) one of the best I ever saw on the east coast.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:29 pm
ahhhh, provincetown? Too bad he wouldn't stop. P-town is cool, but so are many other little towns along the way.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:40 pm
Most of my stay in Boston was terrific but not that day I was really angry. But I be back one day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:41 pm
when you come, give me some notice and I'll show you around!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:45 pm
ah P-Town, love the place when i can get all the way out there! Muchly fun and enjoyable even.
Took a great Whale watch from there with the little ones <when they were little o course> and it is a grand memory.
So is the pyschadelic place down there...wont go into it just, believe that I lost quite a bit of innocence just travelling from the front to the back.
Cape Cod...lovely place to visit, wouldnt want to live there though. Not that the locals shouldnt or anything, its just not my all the time cup of tea.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:51 pm
Would'nt that be some fun. I could see the real stuff not just the tourist stuff. I did walk around town quite a bit though, got to see the Red Socks and the main stuff. But I really wanted to see Ole Cape Cod and stop for dinner or something there.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:51 pm
wellfleet and truro are beautiful places, nice little small towns. art gallerys all over. the back roads are worth taking the time to explore, on both sides of the highway, don't hesitate to go down a dirt road at all, you'd be surprised what you'd find there.
the back road from wellfleet to truro is a trip, if you you know your way around.

the beach was prob race point or herring cove no doubt Joanne.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 08:57 pm
It was 1985 I think, a long time ago. The main thing I remember was the beatiful sunset, we got there late. And the cute little cabins, would loved to have stayed there, on the Cape, for at least a week.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:04 pm
Quinn - the psychedelic place? The one with the crazy mural on the store front and all the weird merchandise inside?

mikey - You found it! cape cod back roads are amazing!
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:05 pm
i'll give you the tour as well Joanne if Lk isn't around.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:06 pm
wayfarer is out that away too. Mikey - who'd you meet from the cape?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:07 pm
yeah...that place....certain items hang from the ceiling out back, and umm...Im tall
very embarrasing for a young girl...
not to mention the lovely looking couple trying out the leather chain thing for two...and thats just like the tip of that iceberg

Ive been wondering around the Cape here and there and you're right..the back roads are very nice
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:15 pm
<grin> They had the best sunglasses ever - at least for the time - the mid 1980s.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:16 pm
no one from abuzz or a2k lk if that's what you mean. i've lived here forever and know almost everyone (locals) or of them tho. i meet new people every day from off cape.
i fished out of nauset inlet for a long time, 25 yrs or so.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:16 pm
Hey do you know John and Donna Knight who own the Glass Eye in N Eastham?
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:17 pm
my kid blows glass, i'll ask him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:19 pm
It's their daughter who I mentioned earlier.
0 Replies

mikey

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:25 pm
stained glass right? on the highway out of their house, or used to,
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2002 09:28 pm
stained glass, yes. I don't think they ever did it out of their house. The store used to be in the strip-mall where Ben and Jerry's is. Now it's across fromm Ace Hardware (chocolate sparrow, roll-up, fairway, etc)
0 Replies