Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:46 am
I can help arrange things. Meeting places , restaurants etc. All I have to do is call for information on anything or anyplace that is voted on. I can always find out certain hotel prices etc.. Any time during this planning any one can PM me and ask for information. I will be glad to look it up , call around and get it for you. I live in the southern part of austin , my husband works at UT so most of the main attractions are enroute for him and I every day. Just say when! :-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:58 am
shewolf, Our son attended UT where he got a masters in communication science two Decembers ago. He's now doing work for the US Army in developing some data base. We've visited Houston and San Antonio, but never Austin. Did a whole bunch of layovers in Dallas-Ft Worth, but never spent time to see Dallas. I have a long time friend that lives in Terrell. ** If you could get some info on lodging and car rentals close to UT, that would be great. I like to rent cars at downtown sites, because they're cheaper than renting at the airport (which charges up to 25 percent or more). Private car rental companies are preferred, because one can get better cars at cheaper rates.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:00 am
That's excellent, shewolf; by the way, have you received a proper welcome to A2K yet? Smile

Click back in this thread for the plans, the pictures, and our reminiscences of last year's Gathering. The dates in the thread header actually refer to 2003, as this was where we did the planning for that one.

A good time was had by all, and I'm sure can be duplicated.

Several of us out-of-towners stayed at the Holiday Inn Town Lake, which wasn't too expensive and was centrally located to things downtown: we went to the LBJ library last time (some enjoyed, some did not); O. Henry's home (likewise); ate some Thai food on a lark and then cruised Sixth Street (a unanimous winner). And some other fun things, mostly involving eating and drinking.

So feel free to make some suggestions; that will surely stoke the anticipation. Very Happy

(Bill, you and I and whoever else wants to are gonna play some golf this go-round...)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:03 am
I updated the thread title. (Hope that doesn't confuse anyone!) Listening and hoping to attend. Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:12 am
I am going to start a thread with a poll and see how many people want to go. Then I can just create a small web site with basic info , maps etc and try to cover everyones questions. Pm me if you have a specific place you would like to ask about. I will put more info in the thread
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:40 am
shewolf, I'm almost afraid to ask - considering your tag line. LOL
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 11:50 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26721&highlight= for shewolfnm new thread.....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:39 pm
Confused me, mac. I was sure wondering how it got so long since the last Texas gather.

You folks do know there are other places in Texas? Like Amarillo?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 07:46 pm
roger wrote:
You folks do know there are other places in Texas? Like Amarillo?

Ha. That's a whole other country, rog.

(And I can say that, too, 'cause I used to live in Plainview.)
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 08:05 am
My mother grew up to Lubock, cut wheat, barley and maize two years - been in that area of hell many, many times.......

Or, as it is put, it's God's country- - - - - - - only God would claim it !
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 10:31 am
I posted in the other Texas Gathering forum, but will duplicate it here. Please provide two options in October for the gathering. My wife will ask for her vacation days tomorrow.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:55 am
How about 3 Question

1. Oct 15,16,17,18 (that's Fri through Mon)

it can be squeezed or extended by adding 14,19 (Thur, Tue).

2. Oct 8,9,10,11 (that's Fri through Mon)

it can be squeezed or extended by adding 7,12 (Thur, Tue).

3. Oct 22,23,24,25 (that's Fri through Mon)

it can be squeezed or extended by adding 21,26 (Thur, Tue).

If anybody has any input - it needs to happen soon Exclamation
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
1. BillW's #1

2. BillW's #3
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:34 pm
I agree with PD either #1 or #2 is good for me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 01:41 pm
My guess is, God just doesn't like people, 'cuz it sure is quiet in those places people call "God's Country."
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 15 Jun, 2004 03:10 pm
#1 is best for me. #2 is second.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2004 08:56 am
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26721&start=30

This seems to have become the "thread" of preference. roger are you going to be at this gathering, I sure hope so. Haven't seen you post on the other site and don't want to lose you - please be there Exclamation
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 04:17 pm
What happened to the other Texas Gathering thread? Gone to web heaven? LOL
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:25 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 03:30 pm
Lola, What are you doing reviving this dead horse? LOL