Just as long as they weren't mosquitos.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 08:33 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 10:54 pm
.Yes we were - it seems so long ago and I have been computerless for so long. I still have all the stuff I promised you all. It has actually been done for quite a while. However maybe now I will save on postage and bring my version of your themes to Houston
0 Replies

Rock

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 06:43 am
Hey, what happened to this idea? It seems to have died.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 07:23 am
Someone just needs to take the initiative...

Fall is a good season to Gather, and it's almost time for our first anniversary...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 02:14 pm
PDiddie wrote:
Fall is a good season to Gather

Especially in this part of the country. We are already having July weather, except, fortunately the temp isn't in the 100's (it will be soon). But, my god is it ever dry......
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 02:19 pm
Muggy and nineties here. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 05:16 pm
When you guys decide on the location of this round up, please let us know so we can make flight and hotel reservations. I still haven't heard the invite from PDid and the Mrs to stay over at their place. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 09:03 pm
Nosing in to Texas Gathering thread (I like gathering threads!), I ask CI - have you been away? Haven't seen you posting lately, glad to see ya' again.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2004 09:09 pm
Been pretty busy with the grand jury; we're ending our term this month, and we're in the process of getting our reports out. We'll probably produce about twice the average, about 28 reports. No travel for me since our trip to Japan in April, but I'm booked for a 13 day cruise between the Black Sea and BudaPest for August 31. I'm looking at travel brochures to plan another trip for this year end. Will try to make it to the Texas Gathering in October, and visit our son in Austin. My wife isn't sure she can do the Texas trip, because she's looking at a nurses conference during the same month.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 03:44 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I still haven't heard the invite from PDid and the Mrs to stay over at their place. Wink

Verification of how a man reaches comfortable retirement...you old panhandler. :wink:

(P.S.: Lay off the Costco hotdog-and-Coke-for-$1.69. You're makin' it too hard on your heart.)

c.i. wrote:
I'm booked for a 13 day cruise between the Black Sea and BudaPest for August 31.

This sounds fabulous. Please start a thread or add to one of your other travel ones with a description of ports-of-call and shore excursions. Then come back and add a few pictures when you get back.

c.i. wrote:
Will try to make it to the Texas Gathering in October, and visit our son in Austin. My wife isn't sure she can do the Texas trip...

I especially like the assumptive closing technique.

Someone want to pick a city?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:40 am
I still like October and a suggestion for where - hmmm, how about Possum Kingdom. Great golf package:

http://www.thecliffs.com/index.cfm

http://www.thecliffs.com/golf.cfm

Then there's:

http://www.pkhideawaycabins.com/

And:

http://www.possumkingdomlake.com/lodging.htm

Just to get the ball rolling Smile
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 09:55 am
I'm not concerned about making a fool out of myself trying to play golf (which I haven't played for over thirty years), but I'm more interested in good food and venues. Wink
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:16 am
It's about 70 miles NW of Fort Worth. I know that most don't want golf; but, I usually get a round in somewhere Smile I would probably stay one night at The Cliffs. For about $200 weekday I can get accomodations for me and the misses plus two rounds of "Resort" golf (I've heard this course is A++++). The view is free Smile

PD and I want to get a round in. Close by is Mineral Wells, Weatherford. Staying in the Dallas Fort Worth area would be no problem.

Just getting the ball rolling, I am. Can also find a golf course in south Texas also Wink
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jun, 2004 10:32 am
Quote:
PDiddie wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
I still haven't heard the invite from PDid and the Mrs to stay over at their place. Wink

Verification of how a man reaches comfortable retirement...you old panhandler. :wink:

Somewhere along the way, I lost all sensibility of shame.

I will start a Travel Forum on my forthcoming trip to the Black Sea and BudaPest, and link it here.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:38 pm
Didn't mean to kill this forum with my "last" post dated June 2. Have you Texans picked a venue yet? My wife said she needs to reserve her vacation dates now before somebody else takes those dates. If you guys don't pick the venue in the next few days, we'll probably just go to Austin to visit our son.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 12:05 am
<< Live in austin. would like to go ? is this a serious gathering? anyone invited?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:17 am
Yes, yes, yes......
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:21 am
Austin is fine with the Diddies. It's where we had our first Gathering last year, of course. New faces would help grow the tradition.

Calling all A2Kers to sound off for Austin in the fall.

c.i., it looks like you get to pick the date. When would you be here?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Jun, 2004 10:36 am
I'll ask the Mrs this evening. We'll prolly stay in Austin for one week, since this will be our first visit to the state capitol.
0 Replies