Let's Have a 2nd Annual TX Gathering - Fall '04 - dates TBD

BillW

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 10:56 am
Good to hear from you Cobalt, was in wonder where you dwelt Smile
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:21 pm
mac11 wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the gathering.

It would be great if we could all be in the same hotel - I know we'd have lots more time together that way. PDiddie, are you booked at the HolidayInn? Let me know - I'll find out if we can get a group rate... What do you think?

Yes, my reservation's made at the HI Town Lake on the Bat Cruise package, available for others to view at my earlier link. We'll come in late Friday night and leave Sunday afternoon.

Instead of driving over from Houston we may jump Southwest Airlines and rent a car, as I'll be wrapping up a long and late week.

Besides the LBJ Library I'd also like to go to the Capitol and the Bullock Museum as well as Sixth on Saturday night. Anyone else have entertainment suggestions?

Keep kicking this thread to the top of the list so everyone sees it.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 06:30 pm
Well, this sounds like a deal - how 'bout you mac Question May make my reservations tomorrow Exclamation
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 07:23 pm
will start the process of making plans....... I'll probably drive down. What a nice drive it is too.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 07:30 pm
I'll be driving in on Friday and leaving Sunday. No luck on the group rate, though. Sad S'ok, I like Holiday Inn anyway. I'll book tonight.

See y'all there!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 08:50 pm
One of my favorites, Greg Palast, he of The Best Democracy Money Can Buy, is speaking at a Green Festival on Saturday, October 11 at the Austin Convention Center.

From his website:

Quote:
This Festival is a non-profit venture of Global Exchange that seeks to bring change to World Trade by promoting alternative ways of making the Global Economy work. Greg Palast, along with other speakers, will talk about Global Trade and its effects on economies and societies throughout the world.

This is a must-do.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2003 10:44 pm
I'll make reservations tomorrow at the Holly Day Inn.........bats and the Capital......
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 07:13 am
I got a room with a view! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 07:51 am
me too! Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 08:03 am
i got a view of a room
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:14 am
What night is the bat night, is everyone going the dinner cruise - the way pd has it framed, it looks like Friday night is bat night Smile
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:21 am
I didn't book the cruise yet, since I wasn't sure about that either. (It wasn't cost-effective to book it as part of a single reservation anyway.) PDiddie said he'll be in late on Friday, though, so maybe he booked the cruise on Saturday?
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 12:47 pm
One room, one view, one sqeeze, one million + bats (like the idea of a dinner cruise, it will make the squeeze quite happy Smile )

I also made it for 2 nights - hope to be in there about 4 pm on the 10th - leave about 6 pm or so on the 12th. I'm excited already!!!!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
Not sure yet about the cruise or the bats...........we'll see. I like to play it by ear or whatever part of the body it is I like to play it by............
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:25 pm
hmmmmmmmmm Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:36 pm
Who's in so far?

me, Bill, Lola, mac, dys...

Who am I leaving out?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 06:01 pm
there are lots more Texans:

max
marycat
dupre
edgarblythe

I've got a list around here somewhere...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 06:04 pm
May be time to get some PM's out - Question I don't know how this is regularly done, in that I've only been on small gathering. BTW, my wife was wondering if we could get to the Magnolia Cafe - or some such!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 06:10 pm
Alas, edgar has said Gatherings "aren't him". He and I live in the same city and have never met.

Tartarin lives in the Austin neighborhood but seems conspicuously absent from the plans.

It's time to commit, everyone...

Please join us! Austin in October is temperate and full of interesting things to see and do, but the fellowship with other Ablers will be the highlight.

We'd love to meet you.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:08 pm
I'll work on the PMs tomorrow...
0 Replies