husker

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 02:27 pm
Quote:
He took out about 14 inches of colon,

ohhhhh I'm swearing on this and it give me the willies
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 03:04 pm
Fourteen inches? That will definitely give him bragging rights even if his surgical scar is modest. No colostomy bag? How nice for you--and for his ego--and for the family schedule for the approaching holiday season. Week-long hospitalizations are not convenient.

I'm delighted that all went well and that the prognosis is good.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:13 pm
Yep...fourteen inches, from my best estimate from what his doctor said...the scar itself is about the same length..its a real pretty scar..(if there is such a thing?)

He's doing pretty good, except for the fact that last night he wanted to run a tad bit of fever...which worried me. (long story, has to do with my father more than my husband)

Today...it seems to have went away...they lowered his dose of pain meds...but offering him some other on the side if he needs it...he's taken a lil extra once...

This evening, we've walked the halls again...over and over. He's getting a lil quicker with it...but I can tell he's not sure about himself...he wants to hold onto to me or the wall...and he's groaning with every step. Can't say that I blame him...I know that has to be painful.

Quote:
you get internet in the hospital?

Yep...lmao, I'm probably not sopposed to, but I figured out how to hook into it..lol When you change your settings..properties..whatever they are called in the dialer box, there was a lil box to add a number into..if you had to dial an outside line...therefore you punch in a 9.....and go through you phone book to find the local internet number...and WAHHH LAAAAA.........I'm hooked up and running!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:43 pm
Walking the halls is good. I've known hospitalized men who have to walk the halls with three nurses--one for each arm and the third to manage the IV tree.

Your man wants to heal--or perhaps he just wants out of the hospital? My guess is that he wants to get home and put his pain in the past.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 06:14 am
He wants to heal...and get the hell out of here...LOL

He cracked me up so much this morning, I'm still giggling over it.

Nurse comes in...takes out cathader....tells him, there will be a lil discomfort.

Mr.Shivers is holding his breath....till all is done.

Nurse leaves....

Mr. Shivers is still sitting there holding it in his hands, taking deep breathes....

I asked him if he was alright?

He just answer me..." Awww, God..I feel like I've been VIOLATED, I know there isn't any bed sheet left, I've done sucked it up my arse...!!"

ROTFLMFAO

I have hee hee'd all morning over that...and can't quit giggling....he fails to realize that I've had them also...I laughed and told him, "Well...atleast you weren't awake when you were officially violated."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 11:48 am
Great!

One less piece of equipment to interfere with Hall Walking.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 01:08 pm
Yep...that thing was irritating to deal with..not to count, the nurses weren't to concerned with dealing with it, so it became my job...no biggie.

These nurses up here in this hospital...well, errrr...umm, some are great and some are not so great.

Those that aren't so great, act like they are scared to death you might expect them to do something...its like they almost want to run, if they think your going to ask something...

Start backing out of room...hear imaginary phone ringing....lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 03:45 pm
These days the hospitals seem to make it difficult to tell the nurses from the nurses aids. I've found that the Registered Nurses are dedicated and over worked, the Licensed Practical Nurses are dedicated and overworked and the Nurse's Aids consider themselves overworked.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 03:52 pm
Seems like here in this hospital...the PCA's are the one's working their asses off...then the LPN'S...and everynow and then, you see the RN'S.

I shouldn't complain..this round has been much more pleasant....much more. Except for us sitting here waiting to see the Doctor today, its 3:40 p.m. and we still haven't seen him. All we had to do was get the JB tube out of his stomach and somewhat solid food in him...and he would get to go home...but he's not shown up today yet.

Mr. Shivers is chomping at the bit about being here one more day....I don't blame him, I'm very tired of this place...and would much rather be at home doing the same thing I'm doing here...lol

Except there, I could be cleaning the house...doing laundry...and some other things that I have wanted to get to...lol

The one thing I find funny about this visit...is we seem to be "The Room" for venting....gossiping and all around B.S. Talk...that has made it more fun. We've met some really great people and have alot in common with the majority of them....(thinking about inviting 3 of them down for a cook out..during deer season..) Don't know if I will or not, but we've talked about it....

Ok..on another note, maybe were morbid folks too...lol Seems our room is on the 6th floor and we overlook the helicopter pad where they bring in the critically injured/sick...

Of course we have to be nosy and see whats going on...lol I was even invited to go along on a "Code Blue" today that was taking place outside in the parking lot...(I passed..thought that was a bit too much!) Since we've been here, we have heard that code more times than I would like to count, its pitiful...but its life.

And lets throw in there, that the hospital has been on fire atleast 5 times in the past 5 days....lol Hurrrummph!

But....were almost home.................
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 04:34 pm
Mms--

These days the RN's have to put paperwork before TLC.

You've made a hospital room a home away from home--and you're still homesick. Hard to please, aren't you?

I hope that the doctor showed up and that Mr. Shivers mouth and gut have become re-accquainted. With luck you'll be answering this post from your very own corner of chaos.

Hold your dominions.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:06 pm
Shiver, sorry I haven't been keeping up - I should have known something had happened as you stopped posting on other threads. My thoughts are with you both. Going to read back......
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 01:05 pm
Little K, no need for apologies Very Happy ....(I did get kinda quiet..didn't I? lol) Shocked

Noddy...
Quote:
You've made a hospital room a home away from home--and you're still homesick. Hard to please, aren't you?

Yes Ma'am!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I soppose I am hard to please...Guess I should admit that I'm a lil on the OCD side of thing...and throw in there ADD...makes for one helluva women to have to deal with. Crying or Very sad

Mr. Shivers is back home..and matter of fact, roaming the lease today. Our best friend is suffering from withdrawals...lol, and they had to go and have some friend time to shoot the bull...among other things.

He's somewhat getting aquainted with food, he's dealing with a lil shrinkage in that area, but he's obliging it....still not smoking and not drinking any Mt.Dews...lol

And I think he's learned a few life lesson's out of this deal. Or I'm hoping that he has...

As far as I'm concerned...life has been pleasant the past few days since we have come back home....My house is clean, my laundry is done and I have supper cooking on the stove. And....started painting ceremics again, and in the meantime have found time to start a John Grisham novel...along with keeping up with my school work.

I'm actually thinking about taking a nap..but thats where the OCD comes into play..along with the touch of ADD...I will/would find something else to do, like clean my truck...or work in the yard...lol Have to give that some thought...lmao

Thank you each one for your wishes....and prayers, I appreciate them...

Its nice to know when your in need of a good word or wisdom, or a cyber pat on the back I can find one here...Thank you!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 01:24 pm
Mms--

You're not OCD--you just have super-powerful nest-building genes.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:09 pm
Ha...Is that what its called? LOL

My friends all say I'm OCD...lol
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:12 pm
You're super-powerful, that's for sure.

I've been reading along and appreciating updates, hope everything's back to normal for everyone soon.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:22 pm
Me to Sozobe...me too! (Thank you)

We had a lil therapuetic evening...went to the lease, listened to nature and enjoyed a crackling fire for a couple of hours. IT Was SOOOO nice....

He just looks so gaunt...he's lost 32 pounds in the past few weeks...and he just doesn't look like himself. His eyes are sunken...and purplish underneath...and his coloring is so pale...(I know..its understandable considering what he's been through)

(He's Irish, Portuguese and Italian w/ some Souix and Cherokee..so he's kinda olive complected to some extent...but he's soooooooooo pale in comparison)

I'll be glad for him....to see him feeling better, and looking like a thinner version of his old self...lol

I'm glad that he's home...

BTW: I'm not anymore Super Powerful than any of YOU Ladies in here...but it sure makes ya feel good to be thought of in that way! LOL
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:32 pm
You're one of my favorite posters, mms.

I am in awe of your work-ability. Anyway, may you all rest and recover.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 09:57 pm
Thank you Osso...thank you.....

Were all trying to rest and recover.....lol

I have till Monday ...then its back to work....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 12:19 pm
Mss wrote:

Quote:
I have till Monday ...then its back to work....

Men may work from sun to sun......
0 Replies