Husband hospitalized for Intestinal Infection

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 10:15 pm
You two crack me up...lol I just love you....

Quote:
On the other hand, knowing all that could be useful for you as a cook, even with a future health restaurant business.

In the meantime, I foresee you both being greatly aggravated.

I've already looked into the diets...and were on the right track so far.
And you got it, GREATLY AGGRAVATED! I'm trying....

(him being sick brings to mind mucho resentment towards him...due to other areas of our marriage. See my first post I ever made in A2K, I'm trying to maintain sympathy and understanding)

Quote:
I take it he's not liberated enough to eat Jello prepared by a man child?

Ehhh...I hate to say it, I think thats my fault. I would rather not have to endure the mess. (am I bad?)

Quote:
How long will the rains last? At least he's starting to eat. Did the doctor say when he could go back to work? Or are the two of you looking at Invalid Time of Unspecified Duration?

Umm, were looking at another week here at the house till he goes back to work. (sigh) I'm going back to work on Monday. He'll have to take care of himself during the day..which I'm sure he can manage, he's not restricted to the bed, but he's apparently restricted to the couch. LOL

(brings up mucho resentment towards hubby...lol, see first posting)
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 10:16 pm
Awww, I can feel a major venting session coming on...LOL
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2005 11:27 pm
Vent away - you deserve it!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 07:58 am
Mms--

We're here to listen.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 08:00 am
MMS, I just wanted you to know that, even though I haven't posted on this thread, I've been reading it every day. I've been thinking lots of you and hubby, but until now haven't thought of anything that might help.

To aid your aggravation in smoking less (I smoke too, and have quit before), have you tried nicotine gum? It helped me a little.

I also used to cut a plastic drinking straw to cigarette size and "smoke" it. I was surprised how much this comforted me... my body is rather easily fooled.

You can "smoke" these indoors, get a fake ashtray, like a saucer, and tip your invisible "ashes" into it. I used to enjoy "flicking my ashes" right on the carpet when I was in a bad mood.

And lots of Chamomile tea wouldn't hurt you, either, for calming down a bit.

Hope this helps a tiny bit, and if not, know that you're in my thoughts.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:17 pm
I appreciate that alot Borris...especially the straw idea. I could see where that would work. My F-I-L used a toothpick...inplace of the cigarette..it worked for him.

The Chamomile tea is proabably needed...No, not probably...Damn well needed!

I love the man....but don't like him sometimes. He's irritating as hell....(I blame his mother..lol)

He seems to be much better today. He's still breathing atleast...lmao
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:26 pm
Breathing contentedly? Or isn't he a contented man?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 01:07 pm
I just meant I haven't killed him yet...so he's doing very well...LMAO

He's out and about in the woods today, planting food plots. So...he's not feeling too bad, or he'd be asleep on the couch. Personally, that will work for me, as long as he's not underneath me...lol
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 02:27 pm
How is he doing on his new diet?

How are you doing with him on his new diet?

No concealed weapons?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 02:41 pm
Invalids--even recovering invalids--take up a lot of room. Even so, better he's at home that 90 miles away.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 02:43 pm
He's holding with his new diet..and still to this day, hasn't smoke a single cigarette, but he's wanting one..badly.

I'm not smoking around him, everyone I work with smokes, everyone in the cafe smokes, soooooo, its kinda hard to do without one.

The new diet on my part...lol, WEll.....I can't explain this, but I'm overwieght to start with, but I don't eat enough to maintain this weight. Don't make much sense, but I've been like that for years. And VERY ACTIVE, so I know I burn off the majority of calories that I intake. Still doesn't make much sense. Mr.Shivers will tell you the same thing about me.

The invalid is back on the couch asleep..lol. Yes, they take up quite a bit of room, but as you put it, atleast he's not 90 miles away.

Even though the thought of shipping him back off has entered into my mind a few times..hehe. Just don't think he'd like finding himself in another state...lol
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:13 pm
You have my sympathy. I stopped smoking when I broke both legs--I figured I was miserable anyway and I might as well be a real bitch.

Giving someone else the Moral High Ground is hard.

Mr. Noddy came with A Back and A Pancreas and Eyes. He has developed a Rip-roaring Knee.

What part of "Stay off your feet." do you suppose he doesn't understand?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:36 pm
Ohhh, I think he got that "Stay off your feet" down pat, or atleast when I'm at home, cause when I'm at work, he's gone doing his own thing.

Then I get to hear..."I don't feel good".

BAMM..........Asleep on the couch! LOL

Yeah and that High Moral Ground is going to start many fights between us. He's been "Clean" from Nicotine for what???...11 or 12 days and has this High Moral attitude with me over the smoking. Which makes me want to smoke TWO for every ONE I light up...LOL

Awwww...well were entertaining atleast.........
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 04:17 pm
Mms--

How is your schoolwork coming along?

Wife, mother, restaurant manager, student....you have a full life.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:27 pm
Noddy, my life is hectic..so much so that I have my moments. Honestly, I'm having alot of them moments right now.

My day starts off at 3:45 am....I'm at work by 5 am.

We open at 5:30, and I'm the only one there till noon, except for my co-worker, who works the front. Were a Citgo station with a cafe inside of it.

Its hectic...

I leave from work at 1 or 2 and head home, work on homework for a few hours.

Then its either clean house, or do that while I'm working on school work...

Kids are home by 4:30.

And were off AGAIN:

Monday night- Baseball practice
Tues- Baseball game/ Football practice (we split up)
Wed- home
Thurs-Football practice
Fri-Baseball practice
Sat-Football games
Sun- housework, homework...

TAAAAA DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

And for some reason, be it my hormones are the High Moral Standards of so and so wearing on me, I've about had it!

The Invalid:

[img=http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9210/picture0102ps.th.jpg]

He's wearing me out...he has to go on the 11th and have another CT Scan..they think he still has an infection going on, so they have redone his medication.

He's still not drinking caffiene and not smoking. I'm proud of him over that fact, but were beginning to drive me nutts on his high moral attitude over it. Give me a break, I have enough to deal with...without THAT!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:33 pm
Why don't you ask a priest to come talk to him about converting to Catholicism? Or a holy roller? Or a New Age Priestess with incense and beads?

If he converts to any of the above, you've got a triple-threat convert.

If the God Squad stresses him out, he might relapse?

If cyberschools required gym, you'd be taking track and juggling.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:37 pm
I take it none of your kids aer old enough to drive, yeah? Do you habve anyone you can car-pool your kids with?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:38 pm
LMAO

If I had that to do, for a triple-threat convert...I could take care of that in a double-teaming and have my parents talk to him..lol They are Pentecostal!

I feel like I am taking track and juggling! All at the same time, but I feel like its all my fault, "glutton for punishment", comes to mind!

I've allowed all that has come my way....Invited it to come right on in!

I keep thinking in the back of my head, that it will all pay off in the end, just to hang in there...and keep going....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:41 pm
Mms--

Your effort will pay off. I admire the way you're meeting physical, mental and emotional challenges.

All the same, I hope you have a Screaming Place.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:42 pm
A screaming place and a light at the end of the tunnel.
0 Replies