Living With A Narcisstic Personality Disordered Spouse

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:34 pm
Oh I will littlek! But, I always have quite a few bottls of bottled water in the fridge. Hubby hates drinking water out of the faucet.

He left awhile ago. It's nice and quiet in here right now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:37 pm
He left?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:44 pm
I think he's probably out in the RV. He is, I would imagine, waiting for me to come out there and find out if he is ok, like I USED to do. :wink:

Maybe he will get some good rest.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:48 pm
well, having that second abode must be nice at times!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:49 pm
And, maybe YOU'LL get some good rest this way, too.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:51 pm
That's for sure. I took a good long nap this afternoon. Well, didn't have a choice. That medicine saw to that. But, I'm really doing ok right now. Thanx for talking with me. I appreciate it. I still don't know how to explain to the cats though that I am talking to this picture of a dog. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:08 pm
What's with this medicine? Maybe see the doc about getting something else for the problem?

Glad the water will be back in the morning.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:13 pm
Already talked to the doctor sozobe. He changed it. I will never be taking that stuff again! Girl, I could have taken on King Kong today and made mincemeat out of him. Well, that's what it felt like anyway.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:42 pm
Momma, don't thank me for talking to you! It's my pleasure.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:45 pm
Can't help it, littlek. I may lose it sometimes and make a complete fool of myself but I think it's important people know how you feel. Just please, DO NOT tell my cats how much I love that dog! They would mutiny! Laughing And, I KNOW the pleasure is, tell you what, we'll just say mutual? Deal?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:53 pm
Momma, I don't think you've ever made a complete fool of yourself here. But, I haven't read everything you've posted.

Bootsie appreciates any and all love, thanks.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:00 pm
Bootsie? How cute. My dad had a boxer a long time ago. His name was Sox.

Yeah, I've made a fool of myself a time or two. But, that's part of me that I'm working on. Trust me, when I am on medication that works the opposite of what it's supposed to do, I am a psycho. Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:16 pm
Well, I hope your medication gets all figured out!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 11:18 pm
Already has, littlek. The doctor changed it. The superwoman pills are gone.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 10:49 am
Well, he didn't come home last night at all. I am assuming he slept in the RV, which is over at his dad's house.

It's 10:48 in the a.m. and they still have not turned on my water! I'm about to march across the street to "their" house. Guess I should have asked her what time she was turning it back on. Go figure.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 01:42 pm
1:41 PM and still no water! http://www.smileys.ws/smls/yahoo/00000012.gif
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 02:30 pm
What time did you take the money to the bank?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:18 pm
Sosobe, your list of diagnostic traits has relieved me of the suspicion that I am narcissistic. Let's look at it:
has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

requires excessive admiration

has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

--------
These don't seem to describe me, although I do like lots of attention and rarely go out with my hair uncombed. What worried me was the night at a party when I found myself spending a long time talking about myself to a captive auditor. Suddenly I realized what I was doing and said: "Well that's enough about me, let's talk about you. What do YOU think of me?

Is that symptomatic?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:19 pm
Laughing

(That's a favorite line of my hubby's...)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 03:34 pm
Notice that my attempt at humor still focuses on me!

By the way, one of my favorite friends, a psychiatrist, is noticeably narcissistic. But he expresses in it in such a charming way that I and some of his friends consider it one of his strongest virtues.
Not all "disorders" are bad. And a little vanity is healthy; the alternative is depression (self-rejection--I do not mean this in the buddhist sense of self-rejection).
0 Replies