Living With A Narcisstic Personality Disordered Spouse

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:28 am
hkgn--

Welcome to A2K. We're a good place for venting and for sorting out complicated emotions and decisions.

Momma Angel--

I'm glad you're taking steps to improve your situation. Action is therapeutic.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:31 am
Hi Noddy!

It sure is! I feel so relieved and more at peace. Of course, he's not liking the changes much. He's having a hard time adjusting to trying to find where things actually are in the kitchen! But, I have more time to do my work!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:40 am
hkgn,
Sending you another welcome to A2K. Nice to see ya!

Momma,
Whew! I'm so glad to see that you've gotten through Rita (is that her name? please forgive ignorant me if I got it wrong) safe and sound and with a house! Razz

You're doing really well Momma. It's obvious you are a strong woman.
Just take this day by day. My thoughts are with you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:45 am
Thanx flushd,

I have to admit, all of you have been so kind and so helpful. Just having somewhere to go sometimes to get your thoughts out is so enlightening (in more ways than one!). I know we all differ on quite a few things but I am so pleased that we can all come together when someone is in need. You have all been such a blessing to me!

Got through Rita just fine. Lost a few shingles and some tree branches, but all is well! Oh, on a good note ~ The National Animal Rescue was closing down here and placing all the animals. They had tons (and I mean tons!) of cat food. They gave me three pickup loads of supplies! I have enough cat food, toys, leashes, collars, medicines, etc. to last nearly a year! I have taken in two Katrina cats and have six more coming this weekend. They have done such a wonderful job with the animals.

Seems like when I finally made a decision to actually change things around here, things really started to change! Imagine that?! LOL
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:59 am
Momma Angel wrote:

Seems like when I finally made a decision to actually change things around here, things really started to change! Imagine that?! LOL

Maybe you should print that out and put it some place where you'd see it every morning. :wink:

I'm glad to hear things are changing for you, Mamma. Change is never easy, it's not always for the good, but sometimes it's the only answer.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:02 pm
You know what J_B? I think that is a fantastic idea! And that is exactly what I am going to do! Right this minute. I will put it on my computer monitor because that's where I spend most of my time working! Thanx so much for the idea!
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:05 pm
I'm not religious, but that deserves an AMEN!! Razz

I just may print that up myself. I need it too, J and Momma.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 12:09 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have to tell y'all! What marvelous senses of humor you all have!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 01:01 pm
Joyful noise is joyful noise, in or out of the church.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:43 pm
This is a thread I was hoping I would never feel a need to revive. Things had been going pretty well for awhile now, for the most part anyway.

We finally found a buyer for the property and we should be closing within a couple of weeks and we can move back to our property that we really call our home. All our debts will be paid off and things were looking pretty good.

I had decided to give it one more shot with my husband because he really seemed to have taken things to heart and we have been doing some sporadic counseling and it seemed to help.

But, all it took was one domino falling and it all collapsed. We live in this really small town and the people that run the water company live right down the street. Well, hubby didn't get paid until today so I couldn't pay the water bill until he got home tonight. They turned the water off today because the bill was due yesterday. Johnny forgot to leave me money this morning to pay it and I didn't remind him.

Well, needless to say. He was pretty ticked. I went to their house and had cash in hand and even had the extra to turn the water back on. Well, the husband was willing to do it but the wife (she's the one on the water board) said no, they wouldn't turn it on until tomorrow and I had to take the money to the bank as always. Her husband was pretty embarrassed that she wouldn't give the go ahead.

Well, I came home and told my husband and he flipped his lid. So, here we are again, it's and I quote, "I can't believe they would do this to me as hard as I work. I don't have a phone, water, and I don't have my T-Bird (he sold it over a year ago). I can't believe I have to go to work in the morning like a wino."

Now, I have been sick all week. I've been having a rough week emotionally (like no one noticed) and I feel like I have just about gotten to the point of completely losing it. I was asleep when he got home and he was upset. I had taken some medicine and at first I was wired for sound and then I zonked!

So, the drama (and there's too friggin much of it, thank you very much) goes on. I really thought he was starting to accept life on its own terms and we could help each other through this.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:48 pm
MA

Can water actually be turned off, legally? Gosh.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:52 pm
Oh yeah. It can and is. Msolga, I couldn't believe she absolutely refused to turn it on tonight. Her husband was going to do it and she said no. She said that they had just been audited or something and that's why she wouldn't take the money. I don't know, maybe something to do with the audit is making her more cautious or something.

Normally, I can pretty much either joke my way back into looking at the bright side or just realize that tomorrow will be brighter. It's just been a lot of things happening at once. I guess I short-circuited or something.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:53 pm
One day late and they turned it off!?! Holy cow....
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
Well, littlek to be honest the bill is usually late. It falls inbetween the time my husband gets paid and things have been pretty tight since I lost my job. It's usually due on the 15th and I normally can't pay it until around the 25th, which is the final due date before cut off and it's supposed to be paid by noon on the 25th before being cut off.

I had left a message on their machine to say I would pay it today. I didn't because I did forget to get the money from my husband so it is my fault too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:00 pm
Well, it sucks, it's inconvenient, but no water isn't the absolute worst thing.....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:01 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Oh yeah. It can and is. Msolga, I couldn't believe she absolutely refused to turn it on tonight. Her husband was going to do it and she said no. She said that they had just been audited or something and that's why she wouldn't take the money. I don't know, maybe something to do with the audit is making her more cautious or something.

That doesn't sound right or legal, MA. Or it wouldn't be where I live, anyway. Water is considered essential service. And it is!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:07 pm
True, msolga. Now, in certain states I know they can't turn off your electricity or gas during certain months because of the cold, etc. I actually hadn't thought about whether they can legally turn off your water though. I'm going to have to see if I can find something on that. That's a good question. I'm just glad I have some bottled water in the refrigerator for drinking. I can drink milk, kool-aid, whatever that's already in the fridge, but the cats have to have water.

It will be on in the morning. So, hubby will just have to go to work a little stinky. Actually, he doesn't have to. He could go out to the RV and take a shower in it and I'm sure he will think of that once he calms down a bit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
Bottled water will get you through the night. Or, better yet, mossy on down to your neighbor's and borrow a gallon.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
ROFLMBO! Oh littlek, I do love your sense of humor! What a marvelous idea that is.

I'm not mad at them for following their policies. Like I said, it's more my fault than anyone's because I didn't remind hubby to give me the money. It's really just a minor inconvenience blown up into a bigger one.

I think hubby might be getting a bit nervous that the house hasn't closed yet. We still have about two weeks before closing and haven't heard anything about anyone backing out or anything. To me, no news is good news. To him, it's doom. He gets real freaked when he doesn't have green in his pocket.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 09:28 pm
well, green is good.

Seriously, if you need water for the cats, go ask for some!
0 Replies