The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Joe Nation

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 05:04 am
Flatlining this week, let's see who can I blame? Niomi. Yes, I think I shall blame her and all of her fashionista friends who made me, (I think there may have been duct tape involved) have those two extra drinks and the large steak for late dinner.

Joe( More tomorrow but less of me.) Nation
0 Replies

material girl

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 08:22 am
Forgot to say, I bought a punnit of blue berries and strawberries.The strawberries wernt ripe and the blueberries had a yucky texture.So much for making all the right moves.
0 Replies

George

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 09:27 am
Dominion holding at 173 lbs.

We had an "All-Hands Meeting" (some ex-Navy guy must have made that
title up) this morning. Lots of breakfast pastries set out. I ABSTAINED!
Yay me. I am not one to turn down free food.

But tonight I am taking The Lovely Bride out to our favorite restaurant for
an early V-Day dinner. I plan to check my diet at the door and deal with
the consequences later.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:01 am
I'm flatlining too. 174.5 again today.

Greorge - Mr. B and I always go out on the 13th for V-day. The restaurants are crazy on the 14th and empty the night before. Enjoy your dinner.
0 Replies

George

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:34 am
Thanks. You too!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:41 pm
material girl--

I find a microwave is wonderful for cooking low fat chicken and fish--in-a-hurry. As for your out-of-season berries, what did you expect? Apples, pears and citrus are reliable at this time of year. Some melons are good.

Easy way to tell good fruit: Smell it. If you can't smell a fruit smell, the stuff is either green or easy-to-ship cardboard cut up to look like fruit.

Tell yourself that the apple pastry was delicious--but that your taste buds have evolved beyond apple pastry.

Joe--

You can call Niomi a target, but Mr. Nation, your aim is off. The fault, Dear Brutus, is not in the stars....

When I get organized I'm going to cross stitch that sentiment on a throw pillow to remind me of reality.

George, J_B--

Festive calories will stick only briefly. Love conquers all.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:14 pm
Lalalalalaaaa, I'm wearing the grey pants that I last wore in the summer, lalaaaaa.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:08 pm
Dag--

Part of your India wardrobe?

Wretched show-off! Just because you sweated off the pounds you needn't crow quite so loudl--or look so good in the pants.

Congratulations!
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 06:20 pm
WTG Dag! You've worked hard - you deserve it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 06:29 pm
thankee, thankee. sorry, noddy, i can't help but crow. in india i plan to get a whole new wardrobe, bring interesting skirts and bags and jewelery and and and everything. well, would love to chat here with you, but i gotta go to the gym. i need to have a sixpack. i want i want i want.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 08:30 pm
Dag--

May you be kidnapped in India and raised from a mediator to a goddess--although I think most of the cults like their goddesses fleshy and fertile.

I'm having difficult day #3. Mr. Noddy (a long-term diabetic) is very ill with an intestinal bug and I have zero talent as ministering angel.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Fri 11 Feb, 2005 08:38 pm
pssst, instead of gym i went home and had some chocolate. not much though. tooooo tired.
you have all my sympathy noddy. i am nursing a roommate, the poor thing has a weak stomach and got a bad flu - she's not been able to hold anything down today. if it doesn't get better by tomorrow, we'll have to take her to the ER for some IV drip or something. i'm sure Mr. Noddy appreciates your angel skills, be they as they may (he can't really compare it with anyone anyway, right?) hope he gets better, you will, too.
0 Replies

JPB

Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:58 am
Down 0.5 to 174 today which is a big surprise considering that Mr B decided to make martinis last night. Man, zero to blasted in 60 seconds! Then I started eating, then I fell asleep.

Off to the club for a big workout and a detox day before our dinner out tomorrow.

Dag - I hope your roommate is better soon and don't you get sick again.

Noddy - Sorry to hear about Mr. Noddy. I'll make a batch of chicken soup today and send ministering thoughts your way.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sat 12 Feb, 2005 11:18 am
J_B--

Thanks for the metaphorical chicken soup and the kind thoughts.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:43 pm
weeeelllll, another two hours in the gym today. am tired like a workhorse after a full day in a uranium mine. and i need to work.... or should.
i ran 3 miles, elipted 3 miles (or you know, spent 30 mins on an eliptical machine - though i can't imagine what sort of a movement would that be in reality, outside of the gym), did 3 rounds on express circuit (7 machines, 15 reps each), and then did back, abs, inner and outer thighs, also on weight machines. sigh, inner and outter thighs, lemme tell you about those. i hate them, passionately. i am happy enough with the rest of me, most of belly's gone, you can even see a hint of a sixpack, my bum is shaping up (not small exactly, but i don't like small. i like strong), rest of legs are already looking good, but those stupid darn thighs will not budge. i hate them, i hate them, i hate them. well, i suppose after 1 1/2 months is too early to cry out in desperation just yet, so i will proceed to do the same with utmost patience and resolve. and that little fuzzy thing that barks from the corner every now and then - yeah, my dominion.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Sun 13 Feb, 2005 12:39 pm
Dak--

I'm in awe of your energy.
0 Replies

material girl

Mon 14 Feb, 2005 03:12 am
Hmmm,had a goodish weekend,eating more fruit and veg than ever and even made a nice chicken dih with my new griddle pan.
Also had my treats so as not to completely pig out.
Im lactose intolerant and last night i had a bit of chocolate.Im paying for it today.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:06 am
I am staying up til 5am, I think I'll be paying for that too. Hope that translates into weightloss, or else I'll never work again!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Mon 14 Feb, 2005 04:50 am
Okay, after a week or so of diddling, dithering and messing about, all of which would sound a little dirty in another context, I am back on the program.

ow. 231.0 again. ow ow ow.

Joe( stop poking me with that chicken leg) Nation
0 Replies

JPB

Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:10 am
175.5 this morning. Down 1.5 from last Monday, which was down 1.5 from the previous Monday, which was down 1.5 from the week before. Anyone see a trend?

No scheduled social events until Easter weekend/spring break. I have 6 weeks to stay on track. Maybe I'll be able to see 2 lbs per week instead of 1.5

edit: just completed 2 miles on the treadmill with hills at level 8, 24 mins on the bike at level 4, and chest and back exercises.

Food plan to today:

B: steel-cut oatmeal, blueberries, cinnamon; 1 tsp flax oil, 4 oz ls V8
S: laughing cow light cheese and celery
L: left-over white bean and roast pork soup, Wasa crackers
S: hummus on whole wheat pita
D: roasted garlic/sun-dried tomato/goat cheese on baguettes, filet mignon with balsamic vinegar and mushroom sauce, sauteed swiss chard with diced white turnips (all Mr B's favorites)
0 Replies