lyndzz

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 12:59 pm
i am 13 and weigh about 150 ):
but i think my main problem is i always think about wanting food !! and when i want it i will eat it.....does anyone know how to keep me from wanting it so much?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,691 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:09 pm
@lyndzz,
How tall are you? Various heights should be various weights. You may find you're not as heavy as you think.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:10 pm
@jespah,
Here's a good a2k thread on teens and their diet -
http://able2know.org/topic/35752-1
lyndzz

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:10 pm
@jespah,
im 5 feet 5 inches
0 Replies

lyndzz

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:11 pm
@ossobuco,
thank you
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:31 pm
@lyndzz,
lyndzz wrote:

.....does anyone know how to keep me from wanting it so much?????

I really like the way you phrased that. Have you tried to convince yourself that you enjoy being slightly hungry? Difficult task, but possible.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:33 pm
@lyndzz,
When do you want to eat? Is it when you are tired, angry, or anxious about something? The important thing is to figure out what are the triggers that make you want to overeat. Then you can substitute either another activity, or find ways to substitute less fattening foods for the fattening ones. Many people substitute food when they are not physically, but emotionally hungry.

At 5'5", you are at worst, a little overweight, but not terribly so.

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Are you big boned, or small framed? The kind of body that you have has a lot to do with what is the most healthful weight for you.
lyndzz

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:46 pm
@roger,
wow!
i never put it that way,,thank you!! so much!(:
0 Replies

lyndzz

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 01:54 pm
@Phoenix32890,
its probly the hardest when a lot of things in my life are going on,,because i just got done moving to a new house with my family. and my parents have been really busy. and since we dont really have anything to do in the house right now because we are still unpacking,,BUT we do have food and thats what i find to intertain myself and i've made i t a habit and i cant stop):

i am bigboned, but if you saw me you can tell i have extra fat on me.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:21 pm
@lyndzz,
So.................... You are in a different place, and your parents are "up to their ears" in getting the house together. At this point, you are probably feeling unsettled.

Are you in a new area, where you will be in a new school? Do you have girlfriends in the area? If not, just that is enough to make anyone feel lonely. Often lonely people assuage their loneliness by stuffing themselves with food. I think that if you understand that it is ok to feel a bit edgy, it will be much easier for you.

You say that you have nothing to do because you are unpacking. Hey, I have moved a number of times, and there is PLENTY to do after a move. Is there anything that you can do to help your parents?

Any time that a person's life is changed, as in a move to a new place, there is always a certain amount of anxiety attached. One thing that you DON'T want to do is to turn a temporary problem into a permanent habit. Chronic overeating will not be helpful to you, either healthwise or socially. It would be good if you used this time to be helpful to your parents, to explore your new world, and to get to know the area.

The next few months won't be easy for you. There is a lot of adjusting for you to do. But you CAN do it, and come out stronger and healthier.
lyndzz

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 02:25 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Thank You So Much!!!!
im GOING to do this!!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 03:52 am
There are things you can do to get to know the area that will also help you with fitness. Can you walk or bike to school? You might also be able to check out some alternate routes. Take a map and a cel phone, of course.
0 Replies