How can you eat right if you cannot eat right? Where could I ask?

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 08:18 pm
Background: My husband has ptsd and insominia, gained a lot of weight, now BMI 25, a good husband, works hard, cleans up after himself, helps with the kids, often tired after a long day at work, snacks in the evening, problems eating in the morning, very unhappy with weight gain, works out a lot but does not loose weight, does therapy, took yoga classes, still practicing yoga and muscle relaxation after Jacobson

So my has been told that he needed to change his diet by a physician. He is mostly healthy but he has been told it will have negative consequences in the long run. His diet is not good, see my other thread for examples.

I talked to other people with ptsd and spouses of people with ptsd. They told me that it is just so difficult to eat right if you have ptsd.

He has the biggest problems in the morning, has nightmares and insomnia and often wakes up feeling lousy. Typically has an energy drink or coffee than as well as some chocolate. Also cake/cupcake, pralines (without alcohol), ice-cream, sometimes banana or a tangerine.

A lot of people have told me to leave him alone, because how heißt eating is just a symptom and cannot be changed. Really? How can he eat better? Where could I ask?

Sorry for having two threads about similar topics.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 2,058 • Replies: 4
Topic Closed

Linkat

Thu 24 Jan, 2019 10:34 pm
@LiketoKnow,
To me I would try to replace something more healthy that is similar to want he is eating or drinking now. So for example instead of getting an energy drink and chocolate have something like an Ensure that is chocolate flavored. Or something similar. It is full of protein and vitamins. My kids doctor suggested that for them when they play early games as eating more makes them feel sick.

There are different ones geared towards what nutrients you need. I just think it would be easier if you replace want he is having with something similar but is healthier.

Did you ask his doctor what they suggest? Maybe they could suggest a nutritionan.
0 Replies

jespah

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 06:09 am
Pack him a lunch.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Fri 25 Jan, 2019 11:02 pm
@LiketoKnow,
Learn the business:
www.amazon.com/Adelle-Davis/e/B001J3RULO These books are old, but still the favorite introduction to the field. For instance, the official opinion of butter has changed several times since 1959 when these were published.
www.adelledavis.org/
cronometer.com/ (I haven't tried the software.)
charlesatlas.com/ An exercise plan that has been successful for over 80 years and requires no equipment

BTW it is difficult to find an actual nutritionist because most of them are in research. Your doctor will refer you to a dietitian because he doesn't know the difference. Mostly you just have to learn it yourself.
0 Replies

priyasharma1011

Tue 5 Feb, 2019 01:51 am
@LiketoKnow,
Be sure about what you want in life. taste or a fit and healthy body.
0 Replies