The A2K (virtual) Weight Loss Club !!

Noddy24

Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:31 am
J_B--

If the A2K Weight Loss Plan offered prizes, you and Dak would definitely be pushing and shoving for the blue ribbon.

Six weeks--9 pounds. Isn't that a full dress size?

I'm back at 131--some ounces water weight and some ounces of self-indulgence. Perhaps if I were forced to write 100 times, "Calories count even when you're stressed and jangled," I'd remember.

Today is the first day of the rest of my diet (and outside the window wintry mix--snow and sleet and freezing rain--is falling, falling, falling).

Why do will power and common sense disappear after dark?
0 Replies

material girl

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:14 am
I prepared my lunch for today last night.Im sooooo organised.Carrots and pepper and probably an apple too.
Gona attempt a chiken dish tonight.It involes honey but I have to learn to cook somehow.
Gym tomorrow.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:04 am
I was a bit nervous of stepping on the scales, this morning. I've had a friend over from Boston (well, Byfield, MA, for those who know it!). We ate some naughty things (but not too much of each) and my only real diet choice was not to drink alcohol - except a couple of glasses of Tokaj which I had saved for the right occasion!

Anyway - shock - I was down to 98.8kg (217.4lbs) which was down again from last week - which means I've now lost 12.5lbs since I started.

Very happy. Personal trainer session at lunchtime today. Very Happy
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:34 am
Struggling here a bit. 231.4. That's up not down.

Have started walking again and doing more yoga to start the day.

Joe
0 Replies

material girl

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:38 am
Well done kitchenpete.

Can I freak out for a sec.My surname is Byfield!!!!!
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 06:06 am
MG

There's a small town in Massachusetts with your name, then!

Good luck with the cooking - it's a skill worth learning!

KP
0 Replies

material girl

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 06:45 am
Maybe I could lay claim to owning a small town!!Worth a go!hehe.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 06:56 am
The scales this morning read 134. I'm going to have to start diuretics again. Ugh.

I see my Bone Man this morning--with luck my hip may be healed and I'll be off crutches and back on two legs.
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 08:32 am
Well done KP!

MG - good job on eating and planning.

Joe - the feasts are over, it will get easier now.

Noddy - I wasn't aware you've been on crutches, good luck with the bone doc. How's Mr. Noddy doing?

I am at 175.5 again today but that is good news given what I ate and drank last night. It was all delicious and as I said above, the feasts are over, it will get easier now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 12:30 pm
J_B--

Last April I had a spontaneous fracture of the left hip. The Family Curse means not only spontaneous fractures, but slow healing--usually healing takes between 18 months and two years.

This time I'm taking daily shots of Miacalcin and the healing seems to be going more quickly.

Today the doctor reported that I'm perhaps 3/4 healed and that bone growth has started at the bottom of the fracture. Progress is slow--but there is progress.

Five more weeks of winter--and they will be long, long weeks.
0 Replies

JPB

Tue 15 Feb, 2005 07:28 pm
Best wishes to you Noddy for a speedy and full recovery. I hope spring comes early to where you are.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Wed 16 Feb, 2005 04:42 am
Down about a pound this am. 230.6. Good, considering that I had dinner with Frank last night at the Old Town Bar. After I walked through Central Park to see what the Gates would look like in the dark (see them in the daylight) and shake hands with another friend, A, the doorman at Tavern on the Green.

I did not stop in for dessert.

Joe( Wants to be 200 by April 15th)Nation
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 16 Feb, 2005 07:15 am
I had a good day yesterday.

2 miles on the treadmill with speed intervals.
24 mins on the bike at level 3
abs and shoulder exercises.

Food intake was as planned.

Down 1.5 to 174. My low for this year was 172 on 2/4/05. I'd like to see a new low next week sometime.

Exercise today will be 2 miles at 4.0 mph (no hills or speed intervals)
biceps/triceps exercises
1400 balanced cals.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 17 Feb, 2005 03:42 am
Things are finally on a downward spiral.
Stuck to the program and got results.
What a surprise.

Joe(There are parts of me that are more dense than the rest.)Nation
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 17 Feb, 2005 07:22 am
134--but I'm home today and can take the diuretic.
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 17 Feb, 2005 08:49 am
172.5 - down another 1.5 and looking for one more banner day today and then hold on as well as I can through the weekend. Almost back to my 2005 low of 172.

Exercise today will be 24 mins on the bike at level 4 and calf/butt/abs exercises.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 17 Feb, 2005 03:02 pm
J_B--

Way to go. You remind me of an alternative title for one of the Horatio Alger "Rags to Riches" books: "Dogged Does It".

I'm proud to say I've waved my arms and legs around in rhythmic patterns and spent 30 minutes going from here to nowhere on the exercycle.

Joe--

Glad you're headed in the right direction and the pounds are headed elsewhere.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Fri 18 Feb, 2005 05:32 am
Another teeny loss today. 229.4

Thanks for the encouraging words, Noddy. I need them.

Joe(Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else)Nation
0 Replies

material girl

Fri 18 Feb, 2005 06:11 am
Ive decided my scales at home are silly.I lost half a stone just by getting changed for bed!!

I think il just stick to the scales at the gym.
Not lost anything but I feel less bloated and my tummy looks less scary.
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 18 Feb, 2005 09:31 am
Thank you, Noddy. I wouldn't need to lose so much if I didn't keep gaining so much.

Take the teeny losses, Joe. They all count in the end.

MG - using the same scale is a good idea. Weighing under the same conditions is also good. I weigh first thing in the morning. Glad to hear your clothes are fitting better.

I'm up a bit today after double helpings of pasta with meat (turkey) sauce and a subsequent sugar fest of dark chocolate with almonds and then chocolate covered graham crackers. Shoulda stayed away from the pasta!

Today's workout - 2 miles on the treadmill at 4.2 mph; butt and calf exercises.
0 Replies